Reviews for The Path to Recovery
CatieElectrox chapter 6 . 4/23/2014
Hey there. Generally jumping in late with all the fanfiction stuff but hey, better late than never right! Just wanted to say that I absolutely love your writing! You have a real gift. Seriously. I've read most of your pieces and they are all fab! Anyway. Just some general love so... See ya x
BookGirl87 chapter 6 . 5/5/2013
Wow, I love it when I find a really great Boosh writer! I've been sat at work, bored out of my skull, and found this fic and 'Letting Go' when I was looking for distraction. I've literally just sat and read through the entire lot for hours, munching vanilla-flavoured seeds and pretending I'm working really hard. :)

'Letting Go' broke my heart - I too have been to these dark, dark places, which I thought you evoked beautifully, and live a pretty lonely life now too despite being only 26, so my heart went out to Howard and poor Vince. You're a wonderful writer, I can't wait for more of this story now that Vince has realised how much he loves Howard!
Mizuna-san chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Hi Amaryllis,

before I start with this review I should warn you: there could be a lot of language mistakes 'cause I’m actually from Germany and my English is far from being perfect. But anyways … I just had to write you a review for this absolutely beautiful story!

When I had a seminar about British TV culture at university this semester, I discovered The Boosh and instantly became hopelessly addicted to it! (I’m equally addicted to Sherlock, by the way, so chances are I’ll check on your Boosh/Sherlock-crossover soon -). And since I’ve always been a slash-fan and immediately began to ship Howard and Vince (xD) I thought I’d give some Howince FFs a try. And yours was the first I ran into and – I genuinely love it!

It’s really really great and completely drew me in, so I couldn’t stop reading for the whole day. And although … you know, there’s a lot of Angst and everything, I think you portray the characters really well. I mean, although Vince goes through a complete change from the Sunshine Kid to … a mere shadow of what he used to be (or a ghost, to put it in his/your own words), the change comes across pretty realistic and I can still see the real Vince in that behavior, that change. And not to speak of Howard … no, actually I HAVE to speak of him, because it’s so great how you make him come to life. What he does and says, his language … I have the feeling that he would express himself EXACTLY like that, use the exact same wording! Every time he says something in this fic, I just can’t help but smirk!

The plot was really interesting (I’m referring to the prequel now, which I also read, but I have a strong feeling that with the sequel it will be the just same). I mean, it was just like the Boosh: fantastic and full of twists, but somehow it was pretty realistic though, considering the ways the characters acted. And I simply love how you portray Vince’s thoughts, every tiny detail of them. I somehow believe that this is what would be going on in the real Vince’s head.

The way you describe Vince’s feelings for Howard, their friendship, their love, the fact that Vince cannot go on with him, cannot function properly – Oh My God, that’s soooo damn cute and beautiful, I can’t stop smiling. And the way Howard treats Vince, talks to him, comforts him, looks after him – I could melt. It is just so adorable!

And since Vince found out he’s in love with Howard, I just want to know how it goes on so badly! I was really impressed by the way you build that whole thing up, made Vince recognize he’s in love with Howard, finally made that hidden truth crawl to the surface. Now I’m so excited to find out how he’ll cope with it and behave in Howard’s presence. I HAVE to know how Howard will react and whether or not they will be able to find a way to on another again.

So please, please keep on writing! What you have written so far is really good and I’d appreciate to be able to read more of it. You have a talent to strip the characters mentally, provide a pretty deep insight into them. So please keep it up!

I also hope you’ll find a way out of all the personal struggles of which I read in you AN you’re going through at the moment. I can honestly understand that you are a bit scared of the future. I often experience that kind of fear myself, when everything seems so uncertain suddenly and you simply can’t bear it. But cheer up! There’ll be a lot of time to figure out what the future holds for you.

Anyways … It’d be awesome to hear from you and this fanfiction quite soon! I’ll stay tuned. :)

mouse-cat97 chapter 6 . 1/21/2013
I finally made an account so that I could follow your story. Keep up the good work, and I hope life starts looking up for you. You're a wonderful writer.
sciencegal3 chapter 6 . 1/21/2013
Ok, I literally just created an account to tell you how genius this story is. I am addicted. I know it's a bit sick but I love Vince being such a tortured soul, and this is by far the best depiction of that
Emilehh chapter 6 . 1/19/2013
Alright, so I have been sent three emails telling me you've updated three times so I have read it, just for you.

As always, even though I am not part of the Boosh fandom, this is well written, and the story and plotline is good.

You should probably alert your other readers that the over controlling person isn't your boyfriend or anything... Or they might be worried ;)

And also, it's not like I've been trying to get you to come to college or anything... Bitch ;)

I bet by hiding from your problems, you mean hiding from me :O

Anyway yeah done my best friend duty and read your story
Bye :D
P.S you're gonna be excited about a review and it's just me. :)
thitaingeal chapter 6 . 1/18/2013
Well, this was a lovely little chapter, wasn't it? Nothing too emotionally laden, but Vince is still a mess. Which is okay. He'll be okay. And so will you, my dear. I know the future is a REALLY scary thing. I'm kind of struggling with the notion myself at the moment. But keep this in mind, you are a fabulous human being and the world is lucky to have you in it. I'm sorry your living situation kind of sucks at the moment but it will get better. I promise. I have a surprising amount of faith in you and your talent. You will find exactly what you're meant to do and you will be stellar. Try to lay off the energy drinks though. Those things will kill you. Don't stress yourself too much about finding a direction. I honestly think sometimes you have to wander about aimlessly to find the right path. So, just hang in there and know that, at the very least, you have one really strange American girl cheering for you every step of the way. :) I know this isn't exactly a review but I think it all needed to be said, so I stand by it.

Stay safe. 3
thitaingeal chapter 5 . 1/18/2013
Hello again!
So, I just need to say that it's ridiculous how good you are. That was a very, VERY well-crafted dream. And I love all the angst and the uncertainty in Vince. In the series (which I have watched at least five times since the last time I reviewed) he is almost always so certain and secure. I love the depth you're bringing out of him. It's so good! I can endure alot of emotional battering for good character development. I think I'm okay with you being a little bit in love with me. In fact, I'm honored. I'm slightly in love with you as well. I would totally hug the life out of you if we know on the same continent.

I'm quite excited about your two new stories. Much like the Boosh, I'm willing to wait for more greatness. As a side note, I just finished watching Luxury Comedy. I ended up really liking it. The first time I watched it I was like, "What the hell did I just watch?" and was fairly certain I wasn't going to watch anymore. But I did and I'm so glad that I did! It ended up being one of the things that really cheered me up this past week actually. I just thought I'd share. :) Anyway, you are a fabulous, creative, talented, attractive (I'm fairly sure) wonderful human being and I look forward to everything you do. I'm a fan!

P.S. Thank you for replying to my review. You didn't have to. This is another rambly review but you are so worth it! 3
thitaingeal chapter 4 . 12/26/2012
Hello again,
So, I love the way this story has started out. I'm very glad that Vince and Howard are going through this transformation. Putting aside the fact that I love Howard/Vince just as much as I love eating (which is a whole lot let me tell you), I think I would have been extremely disappointed if they had just fallen back into their old roles. I mean, they were fabulous before, but there's more depth to them now which is gratifying and something we won't really get from the series. So, well done to you!

Again, I love your writing and I think you should absolutely pursue writing/acting/ stand-up etc. You are clearly extremely talented and I think the world could do with more input from you. I know you've made me very happy in just a few hours.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded post, but you are too fabulous to be described in a sentence. Besides, I'm long-winded.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/24/2012
I absolutely love this story! Can't wait for the next chapter!
Dr.B.Damned chapter 3 . 11/30/2012
Ooh, I'm always up for a little angsty pangsty! I love Vince and all but... ANGST IT UP!
camdendollybird chapter 2 . 10/28/2012
Glad to see another chapter of this! Loved this chapter and hope all is well. Poor Vince, and Howard too for that matter x
BatsNotDogs chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Wow, a sequel. That's shocked me a bit. But, totally in a good way :). I'm really excited now. Not only do we have Luxury Boosh to look forward to, but the sequel to Letting Go as well! You spoil us, you really do. A great first chapter and I really can't wait to see what direction this takes!
Chrissy-Kookla chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Great angsty beginningwhat Vince is going through really breaks my heart! Look forward to future updates :)
BlankSpace1009 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
You're back! I must admit, I've sort of abandoned this fandom, but I just had to read this since I waited so long! Love it already - can't wait to see what you have planned!