Reviews for That Which is Greater: Violet and the Great Pumpkin Patch
ivo1617 chapter 1 . 2/14/2014
Well it seems that Casey might have to rethink his digs in Sarah's direction regarding Bartowski. The more comfortable Sarah gets with her new cover, the more family functions Casey will have to attend alongside her. Furthermore, Violet seems to like him almost as much as she does Sarah, even though Casey has not paid much if any attention to her.

It feels that Sarah's cover is more about her relationship with Violet rather than her relationship with Chuck. She has to deal with an overly hyper kid running around and with strangers thinking that she is Violet's mom. Hey maybe Morgan was right that Chuck's little girl will help him meet women. But on the other hand, if those outings were with Chuck alone, she would have to worry about things between the two of them. However, Chuck did not seem in the best of moods given his mouth twitches.

And finally the Star Wars references. Will Sarah be able to get out of it if she has to watch these movies? She can say no to Chuck, but can she say no to little Violet?
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Yep...Sarah's gonna be fighting to be Violet's mom soon enough, as I can totally see Sarah and Sophie having a face-off down the road (far off, I know) but the kind of new mom type angst she's working on here? Totally wants to be diving right in but has too many "I'm not equipped to do this" fears.

Still...excellent stuff :D
resaw chapter 1 . 5/26/2013
Great stuff, Frea. I have really come to appreciate these little vignettes that occur in the AU you have created. This story is one I've read after having covered most of the "That Which is Greater" stories. It is fascinating to read the way Violet and Chuck are slowly but inevitably drawing Sarah into their world, this story being a great example. You have a great way of revealing the struggle that Sarah is going through as she navigates her way.

This is not to say that the larger arc is somehow more important than the details. The following bits really capture my imagination; I can see them clearly in my mind's eye:
She searched through every occupation in her brain. "Nurse?"
Chuck made a choking noise.
"What's the matter, Daddy?"
"N-nothing," Chuck said, looking away very quickly..."
(and)
"I…" Sarah glanced at Chuck, who was distinctly paler than he'd been a second ago. "I eat my vegetables."
"Even the peas?" Violet's nose scrunched up.
"Especially the peas."
"Can we have peas for dinner, Daddy?"
"Sure," Chuck said, and Violet, not fazed in the slightest by her near-catastrophe, trotted off to inspect another round of pumpkins.
(and)
The same woman and the two boys from their ride out climbed onto the wagon, the two boys pushing at each other as they did so. The woman gave Sarah a look as she passed. "Be glad you only have the one," she said, and Sarah froze.

Well, I won't recreate the whole story here; just to say that there is so much that delights this reader.

Thank you!
Fire From Above chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Good job making Vi sound so tiring. And I like how much Sarah is learning about dealing with young children.
anon4utu chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
It's so great to have another story about Chuck, Sara, and Megabyte!
Arya's prayers chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Always an unexpected pleasure to see something new from the Greaterverse (or Curtain Call or R& J - hint, hint). :)

There are probably 50 specific things I could point to that I loved about this but they all boil down to the same thing:

It made my heart happy

That is all
KryptonitePoison chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I love these Greater stories Frea. Vi is so adorable and there's always so much humor, I always enjoy reading these. Thamks so much for writing and I hope you write another one soon.
Crumby chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Violet!

Yes, Sarah, "the cover" is working. ;-)

“I don’t want to talk about it." Hee. I'm not gonna get tired of this. I don't think. Probably not.

I have to agree with the review who mentioned how readers can speculate about the future and what's happening behind the scenes. That's especially true with Greater, I think I've mentioned this before too. It might very well have been with last year Greater Halloween story, even. Hehe.

I think it's funny how, considering what you usually say about kidfic, Greater seem so realistic with it. Violet *is* adorable, but she's still a kid with all the annoying and scary things that goes with it. What? No, babysitting my cousins for years hasn't scared me. But, there are adorable too and way too smart for *my* own good. ;)

Anyway, no trick, this was definitely a treat to get another Greater snapshot. Oh, and, “I eat my vegetables," was definitely my favorite moment. Hahaha. I laughed at Violet amazement about Sarah's ninja's skills and Sarah's following reply. “Even the peas?” Hee. Thank you!
Milli chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Getting a new Greater story made me so happy.

Seeing Violet display small signs of jealousy when her father is paying attention to Sarah was very realistic. Sure, she adores Sarah, but this takes place quite early on in their relationship... I don't know if you will ever go that far with this AU, but I'd love to see her reaction to Chuck and Sarah announcing she will get a little brother/sister.
brotowski chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Ugh, this series always puts the biggest and stupidest of smiles on my face. It's absolutely wonderful.
Steampunk.Chuckster chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Absolutely fantastic! I love the Greaterverse. Thanks for sharing another bit of this AU with us!
alfiem chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Always glad to see another story from you. The greater stories are always nicely understated.
wimbledon92 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Thank you, thank you ! You've made my day :)
J chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Awesome. I love these little stories from the TWiG universe. The fact that they're not published in chronological order and have plenty of gaps between them somehow makes them even more intriguing. I find that the best stories make the readers speculate about the future and think of what's happening behind the scenes, and you're one of the few writers in this fandom who can do that.

I'm still dying to see what exactly happened to get Chuck and Sarah to the spot we see in your other Halloween fic.
jinxed97 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Awesome story. I love the Greater series. As a father of a four year old, I see parts of him in Violet...the ball of energy that keeps going and going and going. Thank you for continuing to write Chuck stories, and I look forward to more.