Reviews for Both Sides of the Gun
orangepotato chapter 37 . 7/8
I was so excited to see that this had updated! I'd just been thinking about it not too long ago! Sorry work has been hard! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Great chapter! It didn't take very long while reading for me to remember what had happened. The entirety of the scene with Chris and Wesker was terrifying and heartbreaking. It's scary that Wesker had that power all along, he'd just been hoping Chris would've chosen his side on his own. Now Chris believes the story Wesker weaved together from fragmented memories, which isn't good for our heroes! It also isn't cool Wesker was making him forget people. Jill was probabaly first, that way Wesker could tarnish her memory easier. Man! What a wonderfully horrible twist! I'm very excited to see how Chris gets out of this (or if he does!)

And I liked Jakes part as well. You did a great job with the dream sequence. I was like, 'is this Chris' thought right now?' And bam! It was! I wonder what insight Jake will have from this dream-thing. Maybe he was even there during the entirety of it? We didn't see him wake up, so he might have some knowledge of what happened... Well have to wait and see! Hopefully he'll say something about it to Piers and Sherry! And hopefully we'll see Leon again soon, haha! Seeing as he's my favorite.

They have quite the task ahead of them. Handling Wesker and Chris isn't going to be easy... I'm super excited to see what happens next!

Fantastic writing, wonderful characterizations and a thrilling story! I hope you update again soon! It's too much to handle! I know we're all curious about what's going to happen!

Hope work smooths out and that you're having a good day! Thanks for the update!

And update again soon,
Ultimolu chapter 37 . 7/8
Yes Chris! Fight the good fight! Yataaa! -throws a fist in the air-

Wow, this chapter was something. Had me at the edge of my seat for the time I read it.
Come to Darkside chapter 37 . 7/7
Wesker modified Chris memories to aid him huh?
Hmmmm GREAT! I dont know what kind of ending you'll aim but good ending somewhat bore me. Bad guy kept loosing.
Maybe bad guy actually isn't bad at all. Wesker tried to save the world like he acclaimed in RE5 though many people will lose their life. But see through the lose you'll get stronger and better human.
Perhaps he could find a better virus that have high compatibility with human to reduce death rate.
Enough of my useless rambling. Anyway, keep up the good work!
RockinPyroGal chapter 36 . 2/21
You have no idea how happy I am that you finally put Claire into your story XD like omg I've been waiting for this moment since the start of this XD She has to be my absolute favorite character in this series XD Anyways I'm loving the story so far and I'm really anxious to see what happens next! You have no idea how happy I am that Chis has his senses knocked back into him and is back on the good side :D AND THE LITTLE BABY CLAIRE AND LEON HAD IN THE DREAM X3 Absolutely adorable w Will we be seeing more of Claire in later chapters actually helping out and being part of the team and not just dream world Claire? O3o If it weren't for this chapter I actually would have started "yelling" at you saying that you were pulling a CAPCOM when they kept dropping what I like to call "Claire Bombs" in RE6, cause game wise Claire literally dropped off the face of the earth after Code Veronica up until RE Revelations 2 (hopefully they're doing this to get her set up for Resident Evil 7) and had a small appearance in the CGI movie Degeneration XD seriously though, that girl needs a little more spotlight being one of the main characters who's been here since the 2nd game XD Anyways, I absolutely can not wait for the next chapter to be uploaded, I always check to see if BSotG has been updated every chance I get! :D
oblivion9032 chapter 36 . 2/6
You have crafted a magnificent piece of work! You deserve many kudos for that.

I would be VERY interested in a spin-off! Haven't found too many good stories where Chris joins Wesker.
Bearfield003 chapter 36 . 1/27
I love this fanfic! The way you write is amazing, and I really hope you finish this masterpiece! I read it all. Sorry for not reviewing until now he-he. I couldn't put it down. XD
I love everything about this fic. The way you write and how everything flows is just perfect! I feel sorry for Chris, having to work with Wesker, but it looks like he's ready to fight back. Go Chris! Show Wesker what he made you into can also kick his a**! XD
The dream with Claire's baby! XD
It's like a lofe they could have had if there wasn't any BOW's and such, how sad. Chris has an uncle, and the baby in his arms, it was sooo nice XD.
Ah! Chris finally took a definitive side! Oh, what will Wesker do? I doubt he'll get rid of Chris still though. Probably persuade him otherwise, like the mask, at least until his plan is completed. And yes! I'd love to read the spin off of the AU where Chris sides with Wesker! Good times, good times!
orangepotato chapter 36 . 1/25
Another wonderful chapter! I liked the whole dream and it playing out a world Chris could soon be living in, especially if he fights against wesker. I really likes the line about Chris' trigger finger being his handshake with Charlotte and her eyes being the sky at the summit. I really like the idea of that being the turning point because Chris can finally see clearly now, just like a person on the summit of a mountain. It's a great assertion of his character and I'm glad he's going to continue to fight against wesker.

As for your idea, id be interested! Though I think what you wrote is more canonical to Chris' character, wesker really was doing a good job aligning his and Chris' desires for a new world. That, and when he brought up Chris being tired of fighting and it'd be nice to just /not/ fight... It was a powerful message towards a battle weary Chris. I would love to see how things would play out that direction. A confrontation with leon and chris would be epic! (With hopefully leon living! That'd be scary!) and of course piers and Chris versing each other for mankind... That'd be heart wrenching and amazing. You most certainly have the skill as a writer to make all of that happen!

I look forward to the next update! Thanks again for the fantastic read! You are so gifted!

Update again soon,
littlevamp chapter 36 . 1/23
Wow, what a chapter! The dream sequence was very vivid and intriguing. Damn good. The ending, especially. Great job! I think the spin off would be so awesome. There's hardly any fics with Wesker and Chris together, under the former's "plan." I look forward to that, too. Update soon!-Lil V.
Come to Darkside chapter 36 . 1/19
Whoa, i would totally read that spin off! It would be awesome and different. I encourage you to write it. I rarely found story with Chris joined Wesker which is kinda sad...
Your writing is good and i'm sure you will make that spin off fun and exciting to read too!
Ultimolu chapter 36 . 1/19
Uh...oh, fight is about to go down.

That dream sequence had me there. I was like 'um...what's going on?'

Update soon!
orangepotato chapter 35 . 1/11
Great chapters! It's been soooo long since I've been able to catch up on this wonderful story, but it was well worth the wait! Sorry I haven't been able to read it. Unfortunately, life gets in the way... Sometimes it gets too much in the way.

Regardless! It was amazing!

Your characterizations are spot on as always. An as always, I enjoyed Leon. When he watched Ada's video, that was truly heartbreaking. I almost cried, which is just something I don't do.

And poor piers and jake. Life is hard for them. And it'll b interesting to see how things change as the virus dynamic changes too. It's good Jill will be helping with everything if only to get us more information on what's going on!

And I'm liking this plan to defeat wesker, tho I'm worried about Chris too. It'll be difficult for him to overrule weskers thoughts in the first place, but it'll also change him as a person. Not that killing wesker will be a bad thing, ultimately, but yeah...

I'm super excited to see where this story goes! It's both exciting and sad that we're getting close to the end, but I'll still find time to make it to the end with you!

And, lastly, a reminder of how amazing you are: the writing was excellent, as was the pacing. You've done an excellent job keeping us engaged with action, plot and characterization. Your story is still fascinating! I'm curious to see what's going to happen next! And you're keeping the mystery and excitement from the beginning with the plot twists and such!

Thanks for the wonderful read!

Update again soon,
Yoshikawa Chiharu chapter 35 . 12/12/2015
Hello, first of all, I have to say that I have been reading your story for a long time and I'm in love with it. I think that it's pretty noticeable, but English it's not my first language, and I think that a lot of people like me actually like to read this story in their natal language, so, I want to ask you if I can translate your wonderful story in my language for more people to read, it will be a honor if you let me do it (:

I'll wait for your answer, though. You're amazing, by the way c:
DugFinn chapter 35 . 11/22/2015
Yay, another chapter! This is so great! I'm super sad about Leon and Ada. I actually shed a manly tear for him. Your writing made me feel his pain. Really great job. I hope Jill is able to help them. But on the other hand, the part of me that adores Wesker wants them to fail so bad. D: So conflicted!
Anyways, great job and I'm definitely looking forwards to your next update! ;3