Reviews for Both Sides of the Gun
Alphanerd chapter 38 . 3/25
Holy. Shit.

Not only is this one of the best fanfics of RE I've read...it's one of the best fanfic I've ever read. Period. The imagery is fantastic and the storyline constantly had me on edge. The way the virus works, the character interactions it's all so gripping. The story is intese, it has literally had me laughing and crying and screaming with each new revelation or quip or loss.
I lost it with Ada, I probably made that same noise Leon did. And I've been cheering for Piers all the way, you've shaped him into such a well rounded, loveable, interesting protagonist and it's amazing to see you develope him further then he got in the game. It's wonderful to see you bringing back so many of the characters I've come to know and love. In all honestly I can say I have only one complaint. Now this is biased because LeonxAda is very dear to my heart, but I can not see Leon getting over Ada's death that easily, let alone moving on to be with Claire. In canon he's pursued/loved her for 14 years, 1998 to 2012 this is the majority of his adult life and he's proved countless times he is very devoted to her no matter what she does. I love the way you've depicted their relationship despite and I can't wait to read more. Thank you for writing this.
AishaPachia chapter 38 . 3/12
This is probably one of the best RE story. And I mean it. I will wait for the next chapter however long it takes. This is just too good to let go. It's such an emotional roller-coaster, my gosh. Poor Chris, poor Leon, poor Piers... And now Jake joins the sad train (sort of). My heart is slowly trying to burn itself out out for these characters. Especially Chris and Piers.
Great job. I hope to see more soon.
orangepotato chapter 38 . 11/18/2016
I finally got to read this chapter! I started grad school in august and it's been hell ever since. I've barely had time to sleep let alone read! But I found myself with a lull between grading, reading and writing because break is coming up so I pulled this up!

Fantastic chapter as always! I enjoyed Jake and Wesker's interaction for sure! The suspense and the emotions were high, especially since, from Jake's perspective, we didn't learn much about Chris' condition... except that it's bad. We'll have to wait and see how terrible it is!

But it was an interesting father/son reunion. I doubt Wesker was saddened by Jake's refusal but perhaps he was disappointed. Probably hoped his kin would be 'smarter'. That'd be my assumption. Didn't stop him from scrambling and reading Jake's memories though! That probabaly means Wesker and/or Chris will be on their way soon. Or, at the very least, Wesker could orchestrate another outbreak where they are. We'll see what happens, but it's exciting and intense for sure!

We then had a good scene between Jake and Piers. Lighting the fear that Chris may have finally been taken over by the virus on top of their location possibly being compromised...! It's all very intense! Hopefully Leon will figure out their next course of action! Him, Sherry, Piers, Buddy and Jake against whatever Wesker throws at them? Hopefully they make it out in one piece! But things are ramping up I'm sure!

Excellent job! You've continued to craft a wonderful and thrilling plot with perfect characterizations of everyone! Even after several months, I found it easy to remember what'd happened and to dive right back into the story! I can't wait to see what happens next! Keep up the fantastic work!

Update again soon!
Orangepotatio
Kiara.Queen.of.Kaos chapter 3 . 9/19/2016
Awesomeness
Kiara.Queen.of.Kaos chapter 2 . 9/19/2016
Awesomeness I love this story.
Kiara.Queen.of.Kaos chapter 1 . 9/19/2016
I just finished chapter five and I plan to live in denial for the rest of my life. thank you for helping me.
ZombieAteMyName chapter 38 . 9/16/2016
Oh my Lord, I've been binge reading this story at work and I must say that that this is quite the masterpiece. I've read many Resident Evil stories and this is one of the few that presents such a good story line that it could fit in the Canon Resident Evil story. I am on edge reading each chapter and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Loving the description and character's points of view change. I hope Chris truly does get the happy ending he's looking for but when dealing Wesker, there's no telling what what will occur. Very remarkable work, keep up the good work.
Bearfield003 chapter 38 . 9/12/2016
this is so perfect! is Chris really gone? noo! he needs to keep fighting! the part with Jake was perfect. and wesker, a true evil man! I'm glad Jake was able to break free before it was too late. but Chris! he needs help. what is Wesker going to do now? I need to know. please don't leave this amazing story. truly in love with it. thank you for writing this.
DugFinn chapter 38 . 9/8/2016
Great chapter! The desperation Chris felt was very real - fantastic way to write it all out - I felt all of it! Jake is up and it looks like shit's about to hit the fan now that Chris is all brain washed. Excited to see where this goes! Keep up the superb job!
Ultimolu chapter 38 . 9/8/2016
Gah! That is such a scary nightmare to have... if that was a nightmare! o-o

Damn man, they better do what they can to save Chris before he becomes second in command to Mr. tall, crazy mad scientist but ridiculously attractive for no apparent reason.

Um...could you read my story RE: Endgame? I updated and would love for your input. Reviews have been very slow.

Okay, update soon!
orangepotato chapter 37 . 7/8/2016
I was so excited to see that this had updated! I'd just been thinking about it not too long ago! Sorry work has been hard! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Great chapter! It didn't take very long while reading for me to remember what had happened. The entirety of the scene with Chris and Wesker was terrifying and heartbreaking. It's scary that Wesker had that power all along, he'd just been hoping Chris would've chosen his side on his own. Now Chris believes the story Wesker weaved together from fragmented memories, which isn't good for our heroes! It also isn't cool Wesker was making him forget people. Jill was probabaly first, that way Wesker could tarnish her memory easier. Man! What a wonderfully horrible twist! I'm very excited to see how Chris gets out of this (or if he does!)

And I liked Jakes part as well. You did a great job with the dream sequence. I was like, 'is this Chris' thought right now?' And bam! It was! I wonder what insight Jake will have from this dream-thing. Maybe he was even there during the entirety of it? We didn't see him wake up, so he might have some knowledge of what happened... Well have to wait and see! Hopefully he'll say something about it to Piers and Sherry! And hopefully we'll see Leon again soon, haha! Seeing as he's my favorite.

They have quite the task ahead of them. Handling Wesker and Chris isn't going to be easy... I'm super excited to see what happens next!

Fantastic writing, wonderful characterizations and a thrilling story! I hope you update again soon! It's too much to handle! I know we're all curious about what's going to happen!

Hope work smooths out and that you're having a good day! Thanks for the update!

And update again soon,
Orangepotato
Ultimolu chapter 37 . 7/8/2016
Yes Chris! Fight the good fight! Yataaa! -throws a fist in the air-

Wow, this chapter was something. Had me at the edge of my seat for the time I read it.
Come to Darkside chapter 37 . 7/7/2016
Wesker modified Chris memories to aid him huh?
Hmmmm GREAT! I dont know what kind of ending you'll aim but good ending somewhat bore me. Bad guy kept loosing.
Maybe bad guy actually isn't bad at all. Wesker tried to save the world like he acclaimed in RE5 though many people will lose their life. But see through the lose you'll get stronger and better human.
Perhaps he could find a better virus that have high compatibility with human to reduce death rate.
Enough of my useless rambling. Anyway, keep up the good work!
RockinPyroGal chapter 36 . 2/21/2016
You have no idea how happy I am that you finally put Claire into your story XD like omg I've been waiting for this moment since the start of this XD She has to be my absolute favorite character in this series XD Anyways I'm loving the story so far and I'm really anxious to see what happens next! You have no idea how happy I am that Chis has his senses knocked back into him and is back on the good side :D AND THE LITTLE BABY CLAIRE AND LEON HAD IN THE DREAM X3 Absolutely adorable w Will we be seeing more of Claire in later chapters actually helping out and being part of the team and not just dream world Claire? O3o If it weren't for this chapter I actually would have started "yelling" at you saying that you were pulling a CAPCOM when they kept dropping what I like to call "Claire Bombs" in RE6, cause game wise Claire literally dropped off the face of the earth after Code Veronica up until RE Revelations 2 (hopefully they're doing this to get her set up for Resident Evil 7) and had a small appearance in the CGI movie Degeneration XD seriously though, that girl needs a little more spotlight being one of the main characters who's been here since the 2nd game XD Anyways, I absolutely can not wait for the next chapter to be uploaded, I always check to see if BSotG has been updated every chance I get! :D
oblivion9032 chapter 36 . 2/6/2016
You have crafted a magnificent piece of work! You deserve many kudos for that.

I would be VERY interested in a spin-off! Haven't found too many good stories where Chris joins Wesker.