Reviews for The Love That Binds Us
Evelyn The Wicked chapter 54 . 7/8
You are my best friend rn, that was adorable
Evelyn The Wicked chapter 45 . 7/7
YAY! EMRYS IS BACK! HAPINESS
Evelyn The Wicked chapter 35 . 7/6
This is a really good story, the switching on and off relationship can be slightly irritating after a while but I love that you weave the story in with actual events from the show. I do find it pretty sad that Mordred doesn't call Merlin Emrys anymore and I thought he might pick it back up when they got back together but sadly, they haven't and that makes me really sad cuz no matter how much they love each other now, it will never get rid of the distrust in the past. Great story though.
Merlin is a real cunt through this whole fic, just like the series really, but to a greater degree, and mor was a spineless bitch to keep going for him.
Hannah chapter 53 . 6/15
I love this story soooo much! You're a wonderful writer and so clever to integrate the tv scenes into the story. I mean it - I really love it. I've read it all at least 4 times and it always makes me so happy. And thank goodness for an alternative ending, or I would have been really sad. It's so good, it makes me laugh and cry. Thank you so much
ArtChica chapter 53 . 4/17
Oh you're good. This was exactly everything I wanted/ needed after re-watching season 5. I much prefer your version of events (though it did double the pain for a while), and the most brilliant part is that you've so seamlessly grafted Merdred into the canon plot that no one could say it didn't happen, only that we didn't see it happen. I'm hugely impressed with your skill and especially with your clever solution to the Battle. I haven't been able to put this down for days, reading day and night. Congratulations on a job well done.
Stop! I already have so many feels about BBC Merlin, and now you go and add steroids to the Percival feels. He's one of the most precious characters.
EmerC chapter 54 . 3/30
This story is, in one word, outstanding. One of the best fanfictions I have ever read! I barely even thought about Merlin and Mordred as a couple before this, but after reading the first chapter, I read the whole story in a day. I especially enjoyed how you created twists and turns in the relationship while adding in the canon episodes, before producing your version of the finale which I really liked!
Congratulations on a wonderful story.
-EC
xdragonlordx chapter 53 . 3/4
I genuinely cried in parts of this. Thank you.
DarlingDhampir chapter 54 . 2/22
I love this story so much. I've probably read it 6 times now, and I'm sure I will read it more times in the future. It is without a doubt so much better than the show. I struggle with anxiety and when I read this story, it helps greatly. Whenever I am going through problems, I always think "If Merlin and Mordred can do it, so can I!" So much thanks for writing this awesome story. :)
les-revolutionnaires chapter 54 . 2/19
So first of all I would just like to say that I am IN LOVE WITH YOUR STORY. I read it in the space of probably three days and I did not put it down - and I mean I DID NOT. I was off ill and your story made me so much happier. Now I normally get very bored of established relationships very quickly but I didn't with this. The dynamic between Mordred and Merlin was perfect and the fact that they kept having all those moral conflicts and it was all over, then it wasn't really kept me on the edge of my seat. It was a proper roller-coaster ride and the way you wrote it was so emotive. It was beautifully written.
While I was reading the song "All out of love" by Air Supply came onto the radio and it fit this story and Merlin/Mordred so well. Listen to and you will hopefully see what I mean.
The only thing I was left wondering about who Percival was in love with. Was it Gwaine? I got a feeling it was but I wasn't entirely sure.
But I honestly loved this story so much and I can see myself reading it again and again and again.. yeah you get the picture. I also read your sequel "The Golden Age of Albion" which I really hope you will continue to add to - it was a really good idea.
I also watched the video trailer and it was fantastic so if you are still in contact with the creator I would be very grateful if you would pass that along.
Thank you for writing this and well done :)
well, mordred nearly did a terrible thing before coming back to himself.
Lexisfightingrobots chapter 12 . 2/17
Argh, so I read the last of the last chapter, but sadly I have not watched season 5, so I'm going to have to skip over this until I do. A shame, that.
Lexisfightingrobots chapter 11 . 2/17
What. The. Hell. I did not read this only for Merlin to make the same damned mistake he made in cannon. You think love would solve idiocy, but it only Increased it. *sigh* I live your fic but I can't read it. I barely got through this scene the first time around.
Mythogirly chapter 54 . 1/24
I think this story was better than the show