Reviews for The Love That Binds Us
EmerC chapter 54 . 3/30
This story is, in one word, outstanding. One of the best fanfictions I have ever read! I barely even thought about Merlin and Mordred as a couple before this, but after reading the first chapter, I read the whole story in a day. I especially enjoyed how you created twists and turns in the relationship while adding in the canon episodes, before producing your version of the finale which I really liked!
Congratulations on a wonderful story.
-EC
xdragonlordx chapter 53 . 3/4
I genuinely cried in parts of this. Thank you.
DarlingDhampir chapter 54 . 2/22
I love this story so much. I've probably read it 6 times now, and I'm sure I will read it more times in the future. It is without a doubt so much better than the show. I struggle with anxiety and when I read this story, it helps greatly. Whenever I am going through problems, I always think "If Merlin and Mordred can do it, so can I!" So much thanks for writing this awesome story. :)
HobbitDetectiveOfRavenclaw chapter 54 . 2/19
So first of all I would just like to say that I am IN LOVE WITH YOUR STORY. I read it in the space of probably three days and I did not put it down - and I mean I DID NOT. I was off ill and your story made me so much happier. Now I normally get very bored of established relationships very quickly but I didn't with this. The dynamic between Mordred and Merlin was perfect and the fact that they kept having all those moral conflicts and it was all over, then it wasn't really kept me on the edge of my seat. It was a proper roller-coaster ride and the way you wrote it was so emotive. It was beautifully written.
While I was reading the song "All out of love" by Air Supply came onto the radio and it fit this story and Merlin/Mordred so well. Listen to and you will hopefully see what I mean.
The only thing I was left wondering about who Percival was in love with. Was it Gwaine? I got a feeling it was but I wasn't entirely sure.
But I honestly loved this story so much and I can see myself reading it again and again and again.. yeah you get the picture. I also read your sequel "The Golden Age of Albion" which I really hope you will continue to add to - it was a really good idea.
I also watched the video trailer and it was fantastic so if you are still in contact with the creator I would be very grateful if you would pass that along.
Thank you for writing this and well done :)
well, mordred nearly did a terrible thing before coming back to himself.
Lexisfightingrobots chapter 12 . 2/17
Argh, so I read the last of the last chapter, but sadly I have not watched season 5, so I'm going to have to skip over this until I do. A shame, that.
Lexisfightingrobots chapter 11 . 2/17
What. The. Hell. I did not read this only for Merlin to make the same damned mistake he made in cannon. You think love would solve idiocy, but it only Increased it. *sigh* I live your fic but I can't read it. I barely got through this scene the first time around.
Mythogirly chapter 54 . 1/24
I think this story was better than the show
Wow chapter 54 . 12/14/2014
I love you, that's all I can say.
sapphire chapter 3 . 12/14/2014
this chapter was cool!
Banananonymous chapter 54 . 8/2/2014
Oh my god, this story was amazing! I only found it a few days ago and I have been reading it pretty much non-stop and I just finished it. This story is so wonderful and fantastic and you are my favourite person in the world for writing it! I'm going to get started on the sequel right now!
passion of Imbattables chapter 53 . 7/26/2014
Hello!

Soory if he had mistakes, I'm French and my english'writing is not good... But i have a good level in english, it's strange no?

I have just realized that I'd read the story completely several times but i forgot to review every time... So sorry! Especially from me who plan to translate this beautiful pearl.

You made a success (?) to convince me in this ship and I love this pairing since i've read your story. Them relationship is beautiful and credible. I can't tell you how much your story is beautiful and perfect but I hope I don't destroy your pearl when I'll translate...

Thank you for this story.

Passion of Imbattables
DemeRain chapter 53 . 7/11/2014
Thank you for giving me the conclusion I always wished Merlin had had. This is the first good Merdred story I've stumbled upon. Thanks for sharing.
Sachiel Angelo chapter 54 . 6/14/2014
Finally the end! I feel like I have been riding on a roller coaster. There are times when things get too angsty that I almost stop reading. But I couldn't, because I could not stand leaving the two so broken up around each other. Glad I stick until the end. It has been a great ride.
CeltOmnia chapter 2 . 5/2/2014
Here I am for Chapter 2 D

At the beginning of this chapter, I love how the complicity installs between them, it comes very naturally , strangely ( or rather it is "strange" that it is not strange : p). Their childhoods were not similar, but it's certainly good to one another to talk about their experiences with their powers, especially Merlin :)
Oh Mordred is so this player it's adorable and lovely ! (yes I love him, you do not know it yet ? :P) ! Little rascal and Merlin can not really resist to his kindness, even if he continues to stay on guard unfortunately (and obviously ) .
It is sad that some tensions remain between them , but I understand Mordred and his felt to what happened with his father. Shared their memories so suddenly made me sick to my stomach because I remember very well and think like that, facing each other and reading in the eyes of any other feeling, mixed with anger , sadness , guilt and fear ... It's complicated but logical :/ as one as for the other .
Ah Arthur always there to watch from the corner of his eye his servant/best friend :p He doesn't notice everything, but we can not say he's completely blind to his surroundings !
I have laughed at the remark Arthur said the temperature dropped while Mordred and Merlin were in the same room, and in fact it was really the case x ) Our wizard did not properly control its powers when he is confused , poor dear But the good king and him still continue to be so cute to look after each other, just as accomplices :p
For Merlin and Mordred , their rants manage to loosen tongues and not worse as they play cards on the table , and slowly but surely, they say everything they wanted to say to one another and this is encouraging for their relationship, even if nothing is won yet .
The problem is that Mordred does nothing to calm things down in this chapter , causing Merlin to the fact that Arthur does not recognize him as much as in his bravery and for the time he has saved him... Buuuut Merlin managed very well to take control of his emotions and conversation and it is really good , because it does not work so bad Oh, it is so complex , and the worst is that I love it x )