Reviews for Epistolary: The 50 Years Before We Were Born
JamesTKent chapter 268 . 1/13
I swear, each new entry adds more and more depth and range to this tale. I feel almost like I need to go back and start over.
dianisimova chapter 20 . 1/13
this story is so beautiful and heartbreaking, can't stop reading it
fanficfan78 chapter 265 . 12/27/2016
Reading these chapters, River dying, hit so hard tonight with Carrie Fisher passing away earlier. Two brave, strong, smart, loving, bad ass women the world is worse off for losing. Sorry, can't write more now as I am crying. Thank you for the new chapters. Thank you for keeping the Ponds alive.
JamesTKent chapter 265 . 12/25/2016
I'm really enjoying these, but I confess I'm dreading the end.
fantasychica37 chapter 265 . 12/25/2016
Some sense from one of them is the best Christmas present I could ask for! Please don't follow this cooling of tempers with sudden tragedy!
steelneena chapter 265 . 12/25/2016
What a wonderful set of chapters!
QTArbuthnot chapter 265 . 12/25/2016
What a great Christmas present! :)
I love the way Vick is picking up a British way of speaking (and how she seems to have more sense than the rest of the Ponds put together).
Blackjacks are great btw - I always used to get a load of them and a sherbet dab when I went to the Saturday morning pictures. I think they were six for a penny so I had enough to last the whole show (that would have been at roughly the same time as the story has got to - great times).
Elora Donovan chapter 265 . 12/24/2016
Merry Christmas. Brilliant chapters as always. :)
thealexofevil chapter 263 . 12/24/2016
Whoops. You duplicated a paragraph.
fantasychica37 chapter 261 . 12/20/2016
In fact, screw that. It still devastates me. Every chapter that goes by without Amy acknowledging what the Doctor's letter really means, I almost wish you'd stop writing so I could forget all about it and maybe someday stop thinking of an epilogue that isn't even canon whenever I watch Doctor Who. I almost wish I could stop reading this, so I could forget and put this behind me. But I still have hope that this will turn out right. I trust you. It has to. I guess it's nice you probably don't read these, so I can vent my emotions to the air, no harm done. When Davies pulled a fast one with taking all seven of the Doctor's companions, I was just as hurt and furious, but this is more personal- this is one of us doing this.
fantasychica37 chapter 262 . 12/20/2016
Thanks for the long break; your story isn't devastating me anymore, although Amy's reaction to River's death is still all I can think of when I think of her and the Doctor. I live in New Jersey, and when I saw the return address I had the sudden urge to drive down to Hanover and visit him! How silly is that? At least Tony can't die... I think.
Elora Donovan chapter 262 . 12/20/2016
Ugh. Another heartbreaking 3 chapters. You're such a great writer, thank you for sharing this story. And I'll consider these 3 chapters a nice Christmas present. Glad you're still writing. :)
Kytrin chapter 259 . 12/5/2016
I don't even know where to begin with this except... this is probably the Doctor Who fanfic I've ever read. I am completely blown away.

When I first clicked on it I was somewhat put off by the very large number of chapters (case in point it's taken the better part of 5 days to get through all of this), but the letters sucked me in, and because a number of them were quite short I never felt bogged down, so thank you for that.

I'd always privately wondered just what those intervening years for Amy and Rory were like, and though I'm not sure I share your level of devotion to them they are certainly among my top 3 sets of favorites. Then again I'm not sure I could ever write them with such love and heartbreaking honesty. They are completely in character, and... I just don't know what else to say lol.

Ah, I look forward to the next chapter, and hope you will update soon. I can't wait to see what happens next after the last few entries. Something tells me our dear Melody will find a way to help. She's very good at that.
Heather Snow chapter 259 . 10/24/2016
Looking forward to more.
Heather Snow chapter 254 . 10/24/2016
I do think this is very in character for how the show wrote Amy. I can't stand that moment after Rory's death where she asks what's the point of the Doctor if he can't save Rory. Bitter unfairness in the face of grief is certainly within her potential. But how I hate to see her do this to the Doctor.

River gave all her lives to the Doctor yes, but only after she herself had killed him permanently. And yes the Doctor didn't always behave rightly toward River, but their dysfunctionality was definitely two-sided. And yes, he knew about River's death and let it happen to preserve time, but guess what he was also very willing to allow his death to preserve time. Sigh. Poor Doctor. He has legitimate reasons to feel remorse, but these aren't why.
1,150 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »