Reviews for The Time of Consequences
Stromsten chapter 5 . 2/3
Thanks for the closure! It's actually quite good, with that twist at the end, and really, it's much less depressing to skip Chapters 5-56 of that storyline. ;)
zolydck chapter 5 . 1/4
well thank you for the closure (all be it depressing).

I would have hoped harry would be smart enough to realize (even if after the fact) that he was clouded by grief but I have to say this is well written and a very interesting twist on the typical time travelling stories.

Thank you for the read.
mrpietan chapter 5 . 11/23/2014
had reread from the beginning. at least you ended it. it has ended. yes?
Ibskib chapter 5 . 11/21/2014
A shame, some authors like planning out everything, and having a framework to keep the red thread, others prefer writing more freeform with sometimes only a loose idea of the end so they don't lose motivation, and just edit more to keep it coherent, perhaps the latter approach would fit you better? If you ever regain the desire to write a larger project.
For perspective: Brandon Sanderson is one of the former while George RR Martin belongs to the latter group, probably why his drafts keep growing ;-)

The ending feels pretty anticlimactic, perhaps it would work better in a written out story, but the idea of things resetting to canon, as the ending Luna wished for just isn't very satisfying. Cedric being possessed was pretty obvious, but cool anyway.
I had difficulty buying that Harry never would never speak Luna again, after all she had no more foreknowledge, something he should have accepted in time, and placed blame where it belonged, at this point they had known each other for quite some years, that doesn't jive with the Harry from Snorkack, or did a happier life make him a worse person somehow?

Corrections:
attention - intention
never spoke - never spoken (helping verb)
Briton - Britain
Arpad Hrunta chapter 5 . 11/21/2014
Interesting. I like this ending, and I like the missing gap, actually. It's a neat waybof doing things, especially in a time travel story.

The cyclical nature of the end is perfect, of course.
The Mad Metamorphmagus chapter 5 . 11/21/2014
Its as good a way to end it as any.

It was an interesting idea, but time travel stories are hard to write. Tis still a pretty good story, though this ending turns it a little dark.
yuiop chapter 4 . 4/24/2014
Nice
Lichen chapter 4 . 8/5/2013
This story was fantastic! Please don't call it dead for all time. Perhaps one day you'll find inspiration to continue it. Is it terrible I'm disappointed that the Luna/Sirius flirtation phase is over?
Beawr chapter 3 . 6/8/2013
Hmm... it is really too bad that this fic is abandoned. :(

Ah well. Thanks for writing it, anyway.

JUli Beawr
Beawr chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
Shit! Shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitsh itshitshit! Voldie... AHG!
Ibskib chapter 4 . 5/8/2013
A shame the story is left discontinued, although I can certainly the problem with not having plotted out the narrative, which is certainly possible to do yet, if you ever get the time for it. I liked this, smarter and therefore scarier Voldemort, and how he's grabbing power from within the ministry.
ruby2360 chapter 4 . 5/4/2013
I still can't decide about my liking to the story...
corrwin chapter 4 . 4/14/2013
Heh, shame to see such a good one abandoned. Maybe you'll change your mind some day... Thanks for the bits that got written, I enjoyed the story very much.
zArkham chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
My advice would be to pull this story and go back and add a "Epilogue" sort of chapter to the first story so we're left with Luna & Co looking to a future confident they can beat Voldemort. That way people who haven't read it yet won't feel like they've been led astray. Frankly just having Harry & Hermione sorted into Ravenclaw and happy with Luna & Sirius hoping for better days ahead is a good enough stopping point.

I think we authors too often feel we have to finish our stories with Volde being defeated. You can always pull the Epilogue chapter if you end up finishing this one up.
dennisud chapter 4 . 4/9/2013
Its too bad your abandoning this one. The storyline is strong and has lots of potential. But, I DO know what you mean by the drying up of muse!

dennisud