Reviews for Harry Potter and the Sorting Hat
truephan chapter 12 . 4/2/2013
Another good chapter full of lots of action and doings. I like how you're able to keep that up! i was really worried that the drinks Harry, Hermione and Ron would be spiked with something sinister, but fortunately, they weren't. I think Winky is not the brightest elf in the bunch. She should know that reputation trumps all other factors when it comes to having a family. I don't like that she agreed, even if it is temporary arrangement.

No matter the dire warnings, our trio still manage to put themselves at risk. But of course, that's what makes the HP series intriguing.

Good job!

truephan chapter 11 . 3/12/2013
I really enjoyed this chapter. I always particularly enjoy any scene with Hagrid and his critters. He really can't get that he's pretty much the only one who loves those things.

I also loved the scene between Harry and Ginny, especially when we know in the end that they get married. The episode about the tattling cookie jar was funny. I also liked the twist how important that wizards be true to their word. It makes sense if they use words for spells.

Favorite lines:
-Anyone who disobeys deserves what happens to them.
- I have only one thing to say about trust: DON'T.
-The astronomy teacher blew out an impatient breath
-She gave a short bark of laugher.

I like how you keep the actual classroom scenes interesting. Wish my past classes were like that! I got a particular kick out of Moody's moodiness!

Keep up with the great job!

Emma-girl chapter 11 . 3/6/2013
great story i hope you up date soon.
southern-reader chapter 2 . 3/5/2013
Sorry but your Harry is a bit of a swot.
Oh boo-hoo... I let the Great and Powerful Oz?
Oh crap I meant the Deranged and Delusional Albus
down.
That letter from that idiot was laughable and more than
a bit stupid.
I was going to read this but after that, not going to
happen.
FMKitsune chapter 11 . 3/5/2013
Loved the chapter. I'm glad you let Ron and Tenobia on the team! Yay! Please don't make Harry lose to Malfoy on that stupid broom! I don't think I could stand his taunting if he won. Go Harry! :P Can't wait for your next chapter!
Peeves' best friend chapter 11 . 3/5/2013
Well hell, are you planning on having Tenobia catch the Snitch in the Gryffindor/Slytherin match? With how you're setting it up, famous granddad and all, it sure as hell looks like it at least. Wouldn't really support such a decision, as Harry is supposed to be a once in a lifetime talent, and just inserting ANOTHER unique first year who's even better on a broom... Nah, don't really dig that. Still, story is good and will continue to follow even if I'm not Tenobia's biggest fan.
Thot84 chapter 10 . 3/3/2013
This really feels like a Harry Potter story: The figures are in character, no senseless bashing, the interwining plot-lines which the readers has to figure out how they are to be put together and more.

Looking forward to this story.
truephan chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
MsFrizzle: Talking about the subjects in school in a story can be boring; but of course, Harry's school is not ordinary. Still, you did an awesome job with making the Hogwarts' subjects interesting with some delicious twists added (like the truth potion).

Fav lines, which I ALWAYS relish:
-The sound seemed to make the room temperature drop twenty degrees.
-A fat crescent moon cast shadows into the room.

Kudos on those!

I also love how you ended this chapter-refocusing on the Quidditch game. It makes us re-excited! Seems like the school term will be anything but boring.

Good job.

truephan chapter 9 . 1/27/2013
Fav lines or phrases:

not to mention worry about Voldemort's next attempt to subjugate the world.

Don't worry about people thinking you're an idiot because you did something embarrassing. I do that all the time."

Dobby vanished and Harry let out his breath in a whoosh.

She singled Harry, Malfoy, and Warrington out for a special glare that made Harry think he knew what a mouse felt like when Hedwig spotted it.

Harry opened his mouth to say something but nothing fell out.

Next to him stood Crabbe and Goyle like two personnel warts.

She considered him for a while as if she were weighing him to the last molecule then she nodded.

You're doing a good job moving the story along; I particularly like how you show a balance on how Harry's team's sizing up. I do hope that Ron AND Tenobia get to be on the team. I also hope, of course, that Gryffindors win.

I actually find the game of "Quidditch' boring-and unfair. All that work from both teams, only for the leader to lose all because of catching the Snitch. That doesn't sound fair. And speaking of 'unfair', I'm beginning to think how even MORE STUPID the Gryffindors-and Harry-were for agreeing to have Harry ride a broom of Malfoy's choice on TOP of playing Quidditch with them. Sounds like the Gryffindors are going to have ENOUGH trouble getting their act together without adding the 'handicap' of Harry not being on his own broom.

Good job. truephan
truephan chapter 8 . 1/18/2013
Ms. Frizzle: Another good chapter. You did a good job showing the continuing tension between Malfoy and Harry. And you did a great job showing Harry, Ron and Hermione's unwavering loyalty to Dumbledorf.

I'm very concerned about the bet, though. I agree with Tenobia that the bet was a foolish thing for Harry and the Gryffindors to do. I sure hope it turns out all right and the Gryffindors don't find themselves stuck as house elves (though I think the house elves would love the vacation time!).

Very well written over all. The only thing I would suggest is not to start the chapter with 'They' (in first sentence). Since it's been a while since you updated, I didn't know who 'they' were until Ron spoke-and I guessed at that. I'm assuming, still, that it was the trio who were the 'they'.

Can't wait for an update.

FMKitsune chapter 8 . 1/15/2013
Great chapter! I loved it. Oh, how I would love to smack Malfoy in his stupid face. He annoys me so much. Can't wait to see how Harry does on a horrible broom! Keep going and I really don't want to wait for your next chapter! :P
truephan chapter 7 . 12/26/2012

I absolutely loved these lines:

-Crookshanks looked ill tempered enough at being made to travel in the cat carrier. Harry thought Hermione had a point. He wouldn't want to be around when the cat got let out of the bag. (clever play on that old idiom! Kudos!)

-"Dobby?" asked Hermione, the fire of revolution lighting her eyes.

And speaking of that last line, I have a question about this snippet of conversation:

("Dobby?" asked Hermione, the fire of revolution lighting her eyes.

Ron looked at her warily. He had always taken the status of house elves for granted and wasn't sure if he wanted to join a house elf revolution, especially as the elves in question seemed to find the notion abhorrent.

"He stopped me just as I was about to go onto the platform. He said he tried to talk to me before but he couldn't get through the confinement spell."

"I didn't know it would keep house elves out as well as you in," said Ron.

Harry shrugged. He was beginning to suspect that the confinement spell was a lot more complex than the Ministry of Magic had indicated. "Ask your Dad if that spell was the Ministry's idea of protective custody?")

Here's the question: Shouldn't it be HARRY who's first responding to Hermione? He was the one who spoke with Dobby, not Ron.

More fav lines:
-Their hulking forms looked like mobile brick walls.

-Malfoy's air of affected civility grated on Harry like talons on a blackboard.

Great job overall. I'm really enjoying YOUR version better than the original!

kelwin chapter 7 . 12/21/2012
good fic.
truephan chapter 6 . 12/13/2012
Nice chapter. I liked the 'seven-leagues boots'-they would come in handy when I want to travel! (Though I have to admit I probably would have gotten even dizzier than Harry while using them AND I would prefer them in black so they wouldn't be so conspicuous!) I also loved Perseus' Purse for obvious reasons.

Your banter between the characters was good as well. The only thing that is beginning to brush my hair backwards is that I'm still seeing some rather obvious areas in need of editing. Words were repeated and some of basic punctuation was absent.

Overall, however, I'm very much enjoying this story.

truephan chapter 5 . 11/24/2012
MsFrizzle: Lots of things happening in this chapter which made it an interesting read. I loved how Harry outsmarted his uncle and cousin so that he could get some kind of 'good deal' out of living with them for the next few weeks-even if it meant tutoring Dudley.

I am getting creeped out more and more by Mr. Krumpet. I'm convinced that he's DEFINITELY up to no good. I think it would be wise for Harry to stay as far away from him as he can.

I'm so glad that Ron was able to come and see Harry and that Harry wasn't forgotten by his friends on his b'day!

Overall, it was enjoyable- though you know me and I couldn't help but notice the need for more editing at times. XD I look forward to another installment!