Reviews for Walk by Faith
Richard Castle Fan chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
Good chapter. Probable Cause was one of my favorite episodes of Castle. Despite all the evidence of the guilt of Richard Castle, Kate Beckett still believed in her boyfriend because of faith and love.
Nice work using a Biblical quote.
Keep up the good work.
jareya chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Very well written, very true to Beckett and what must have gone through her mind at that difficult time.
Twyger chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Perfect how Kate processes the events and comes up with the right choice! Thank you for a beautiful chapter on their progressing relationship.
Kaz chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
Wow this was fantastic, best pre ep fic I have read yet for this most exciting and scary looking episode! really loved the reasoning you gave for Beckett to be still involved in the case can imagine that being the case. Oh and this reminded me in a good way of a scene with Olivia in Fringe. Thanks for posting. Kaz
Guest chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I liked the style of this story that show the inner turmoil Kate is going through. Please continue
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I'd always enjoy another chapter, but this was well written as is and could easily stand alone. My only complaint is that Tammy Wynette is now haunting the soundtrack of my mind. Beckett may forgive Castle, but 'Stand by Your Man' on mental repeat? Not sure that's a pardonable offense!
AnimalsAreMyCalling17 chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Please continue this story. It is by far my favorite version of 5x05 possibilities. :)
3rdfah chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Realistic, plausible and likely to occur in some fashion similar to this. And what Castle fanatic doesn't remember that Kate said she'd get him out of jail? Keep going. We'd love to see how she does it.
nikkidog chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I like your take on the upcoming episode. Definately looking forward to finding out who is framing him, maybe the senator?
fbobs chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
OMG! I love it. What does she do next? This is like eating one delicious salted peanut, or one Oreo ...
Caskett1 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
This was seriously beautiful and exactly what I think will happen on the show - Beckett always believed in Castle and if she is doubting him even for one sec it will only be because of her insecurities relating to Castle's playboy ways and the fact he did not tell her he once had an affair with the victim.
If you would want to leave it here as a one-shot it would be fine. But if you decide to add one more chapter, I think you could make work. I'd love to read how she'll tell the boys, and especially Castle, that she'll fight for him, try to find the truth. There's no need to go into the case at all, just one more chapter where she'll openly support Castle would be enough.

Maybe even add Lanie into the mix, although this won't really work anymore now after your Beckett already broke down and made the decision to stand by him. I believe Kate will break down in front of Lanie on the show. Tamala Jones made some comments in an interview about a really emotional scene with Stana - it could happen in this next episode, considering the eps after that are more lighthearted.

Either way, this was a really believable insight in Beckett's mind. Thank you. :)
janet chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
very well written maybe it needs another chapter.
Tulips77720 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I loved reading it. You've done a very good job explaining Kate's inner conflicts. You could write pieces about Ryan, Esposito and Castle's inner thoughts too. Just a suggestion. :)
Lamarquise chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Unfortunately, the whole premise of the show would be destroyed if Beckett broke him out. The show has played fast and loose with Beckett's behavior already. (She shouldn't have kept her job after the shenanigans over her former partner's murder.) Outright breaking Castle out of jail-regardless of his innocence-would get Kate kicked off the force and maybe even arrested; there wouldn't be any way to hide it and no police force in the world could countenance that kind of insuboordination and interference. If I were the writer, I'm not sure I'd have gone there because so far as I can see, it's a no-win situation. Either Kate goes too far and no more NYPD, or she comes across in a way that makes people want to throw up their hands and give up on the whole thing. It's good to see progress, but excruciating for all of that to be constantly knocked back to square one. Their relationship won't survive unless the trust issues are fully and finally put to rest.
dopeysac chapter 1 . 10/18/2012