Reviews for To Die for the Republic
Guest chapter 38 . 8/5/2015
Your reputation, solid. No gossip.

The storytelling is mostly, very tight. No blaring errors in language. The fact of ambiguity in your divergence from canon is itself helpful in the reading experience.
TypewriterGirl13 chapter 38 . 8/4/2015
Before I say anything else, I just want to tell you that I have been following this story since the start. I only made a fanfiction account very recently, so this is the first time I have reviewed this fic, but it is one of my favourite stories. Anyway, I loved this chapter, and I'm really glad to see that Padme told Sabe about her and Anikin, instead of trying to keep it a secret from Sabe. Thank you for the update, and I can't wait to see what happens next!
Freefan1412 chapter 38 . 8/1/2015
Great new chapter. :) I loved the part where sabe was in denial about Padme and Anakin getting married; it was typically Sabe and fun to read, until the moment came where it wasn't funny at all anymore, because well, the situation isn't funny at all. Padme and Anakin get married, which is romantic, but that's about where it ends. At least Sabe has the mind not to botcher the situation up completely. And she knows. She actually knows about the marriage. That's...kind of big. With the emotional pressure she put on Padme I admit, there was very little chance for her not to fold and talk, but still. She knows about the marriage when no one else knew. Like no one. Not Obi-Wan, not Palpatine. Not her family. But hey, support is important. I imagine that will play a very big part in the future.
I also have to admit that the firth thing I thought when Padme told her side of the story and the part where Anakin confessed was: He sure knows what he wants. Lost his mother, was still grieving but his attraction to padme didn't escape him. I also see that we got cleared up on the rest of the happenings in AotC, which you finished well. Anakin lost his hand, as it makes sense, the war broke out, Padme and Anakin are in the relationship, Obi-Wan has no idea. Now stands to hoping that given pressure Sabe won't fold the secret to him in the next part...which would be like the grossest betrayal. And now that I think about it, just by telling, Padme has dragged Sabe into a secret of great importance and responsibility for it on her shoulders...which I don't think either of them realized yet. There are so many things that can go wrong with this...
Great work as always and I'm looking forward to more. :)
not paranoid enough chapter 38 . 8/1/2015
Wow. That's really going to put Sabe in an awkward position - friends with everyone involved but not able to talk about it. Add her recognition that this is a bad idea and her jealousy that she can't have something similar with Obi-Wan and her life is really going to get awkward.

I know she doesn't want to keep being a handmaiden, but will she be able to quit now that she knows this?

Good luck with RL and prayers for your sister! Looking forward to the next chapter, whenever that will be :D
Sigy Artyn chapter 38 . 8/1/2015
Gosh that's some dilemma for Sabé... Wanting to see her best friend happy, knowing what is best - and having that secret desire to have such love for herself despite everything... Must be very hard!

Gosh, to think that this fic is also going to end soon - it's almost sad but I am looking forward to seeing what's going to happen! As for what I'd like to see in the 3rd fic... I'd like to see Obi-Wan losing some of his composure around Sabé, that'd be brilliant :D

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, I hope she continues to recover well! It's fine to miss an update date for that sort of thing, I mean I think we can all understand that your priorities lay in a different direction and all then eh :) when my younger brother was in te hospital I was very worried as well and all. I care very much for him! So yep, hope she's better soon!

Best wishes and thank you for the chapter (even though I read it late ;))
Guest chapter 38 . 7/30/2015
Update! It's so good. Please update soon :)
Brievel chapter 38 . 7/28/2015
Well, now that I've come to the current end of this, I have no idea what to do with myself.
Brievel chapter 37 . 7/28/2015
Boyfriend. xD
Brievel chapter 35 . 7/28/2015
You killed Cordé! I thought the point of an AU was to keep alive the ones you don't want dead! Now I'm crying, and I didn't even cry for the movie.
Brievel chapter 34 . 7/28/2015
Yes, I think you did a very good job on this chapter.
Brievel chapter 32 . 7/28/2015
Um ... wouldn't it be a good idea to, you know, try and remember that dream as well as possible, since she has saved your life before? (Sorry, I'm in beta mode and it'll take me a bit to shut off.)
Brievel chapter 31 . 7/28/2015
And *that* is the way to enlist help! xD
Sue Clover chapter 38 . 7/27/2015
I'm glad you updated again. I haven't been reading the stories I'm following right away when they update for the last little while, because I've been doing other things, like cleaning out my grandma's house because she moved to Colorado, and reading other fics. But when I wanted to start catching up, I went to this one first.
So, is she uneasy because of her innate pseudo knowledge that she got from the little girl in her dream that she mostly forgot? Because that's cool. I wonder how she's going to handle that whole situation - Padme being in a secret marriage with one of her good friends, who is apprenticed to and good friends with another of Sabe's good friends, whom she doesn't allow herself to have feelings for because he's a Jedi but Anakin is a Jedi, too, and she can't betray Padme's confidence or Anakin's but she'll feel guilty for lying to Obi-Wan, and really I think she's a terrible liar, at least to her friends, so how is that going to work?
At this point I'm dying to see what Obi-Wan really feels about Sabe. Maybe another interlude when you're finished? Or an epilogue, or a prologue for the next one? Because Sabe is so in denial, so determined to suppress her feelings and not even think about the possibility about him having any, I can't know how far his feelings have progressed. Even worse, Obi-Wan himself is very good at hiding his feelings, even from himself. I want to know how he feels when he sees her, what it did to his heart to hear she got hurt, to hear she'll have trouble walking again. I want to know if he knows he's struggling with feelings for her, or if he's just as thick in denial (or more) as Sabe is. I want to know if he's wondering about whether attachment is wrong, even if only in regards to Anakin and his mother. Does he know how far his caring for Anakin really goes? I know later he says he thinks of him as a brother; I think he also thinks of him as a son. He did raise him from 9 years old, after all. Rather like an older brother suddenly thrust into a parent role. I kind of want him to talk to Sabe about his feelings for Anakin. Ask her if she thinks it's wrong for him to be so attached to Anakin. Maybe try to explain to her why the Jedi think attachment is wrong. And then Sabe has to be very diplomatic in her answer, and also do some soul-searching. Because you know that while he's talking about the dangers of greed, and attachment leading to the dark side, she'll be wondering about Anakin, and trying not to let her feelings for Obi-Wan make her response biased.
And I know you can't overtly show me his feelings in the main body of the story, because so far it's all been from Sabe's point of view except for the interludes, and you can't break the pattern. Unless you want to be bold. But you can give us hints as to Obi-Wan's true feelings and thoughts, things that Sabe just doesn't notice or actively tries not to read into. His instant-reaction facial expressions, for instance, before he has a chance to control them. The way he phrases things, things he starts to say, things he omits saying. Huh. Maybe you've been doing this all along, and it's just too subtle for me? Please, just throw me a bone. I need to know what's going on on Obi-Wan's mind. Thank you.
Brievel chapter 28 . 7/27/2015
And what, miss Matron, if there is literally *no one in the galaxy who cares enough to help?*
Brievel chapter 23 . 7/27/2015
Oh no, tea is *way* better unless the caf happens to be iced, espressoed, and carameled. I could drink tea all day, every day, and never have plain water again if I could get away with it. And having been highly addicted to caf for two years, give or take, and trying it each time my mother changes brands, I *know.*
849 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »