Reviews for Snip, Snip
nevergone4ever chapter 1 . 4/4
but at the end of the day .
no matter how hard u try
2 make them beautiful ?
no matter how many times
u give their hair the whole
SCHNIP SCHNIP?
they will perish within
the arena .
no amout of hair cutting
will
change
that .

so powerful . i cried oxox
jacob1106 chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
this struck a cord with me towards the end where he mentions that he tried to quit but couldn't people don't think about how everyone involved with the games is a slave to it. tributes are just the ones who die
Cashmere67 chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
this is s ooooo gud
mangesboy01 chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
So I stumbled upon you after reading one of your reviews in a SYOT my tribute is in. First, I'd like to say that what led me to this story was the fact that you did it in Flavius's POV (I've never read anything in his before and I was quite curious as to how you would write him.) Might I say that this one shot was beautiful, and I'm not saying that because of the imagery you gave of Flavius's orange curls, haha. I'm saying that because the realization. The realization of a puppet of the Capitol cutting his strings. I mean even if it's in his mind so to speak.

Oh and the emotion/empathy with the little girl was brilliant too.

Well, nice once shot, and good luck with the contest. :)
Anla'shok chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
Ah crushed hopes...
What's very poignant here is that he seems both passionate and empty. Whenever he starts being furious or sad, the next sentence is dispassionate, almost as if he was pulling back, trying to defend himself from a storm of feelings he wants to avoid because he knows there is no way out.
It's also beautiful how he first saw tributes as 'hideous' before he started paying attention to them, to details, to their lives. But you don't make the mistake of steering too far from the physical appearance, which helps keep Flavius in character.

It's quite full of meaning for a piece so short. A great take on a seldom portrayed character.
Hannah the Scribe chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
That ending. Disturbing. In a good way.

Anywho, I thought this was a really good take on the idea of what some Capitol citizens think of the Games. Unique idea for what changed his opinions, more interesting to read than if it had just been someone from the 74th Games.

The lack of dialogue, direct action, etc. helped keep the piece moving along nicely, and I enjoyed your development of Flavius' voice and personality.

Thanks for entering!
Insert a Catchy Penname Here chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
I never thought of him like this...beautiful :) You should do one for the other two!
Rikachan101 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
gorgeous job on this fic! i love your take on flavius's personality, and i found it so poetic, it was beautiful! hope you win the contest!
indelibles chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Gorgeous job. I love how you show such detail. ;D
District11-Olive chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Jake I have already said it but since I have read it I feel like I should review xD just fair, lawl (nothing to do with the fact that I'm bored and Megan is wrapped up in her legends...)

Okay well I love this story and I think you gave Flavius some amazing depth of character. We do not know much about Flavius from the original HG novel and so he is nice to read about. I love how he understands what is going on and he isn't just the stupid stylist that we always assume him, Octavia, and Venia to be. The story of him seeing the young girl killed after he prepped her was heart-wrenching. In all truth he is just like the mentors, they do their best to prepare the kids but really they can do nothing and in the end the kids just end up dying.
You actually make the readers feel sympathy towards a character whom normally would be associated with being part of the problem of the Hunger Games. When if you really think about it, they are just as wrapped up in the tragedy as everyone else, just in a different way.

If you are still reading this you must have real patience! Excuse my rambling!
You did amazing with him (considering you couldn't remember who he was -.-)!
That is all.