Reviews for The Volunteer
Lia chapter 6 . 9/20
Lovely story. And if they can find some love and solace in adultery, well, they sacrificed a lot for the others, they deserve it and I'd say, go for it. Kudos!
Darth Krande chapter 5 . 9/2
This was strangely awesome. I have a weak spot for canon compliance, and this (Merlin! ) is that. Nothing says this couldn't happen before he went back to his own age, right? So bloody awesome.
Darth Krande chapter 3 . 9/2
I guess they're soooo glad Draco didn't just walk in. Also, Narcissa has a good taste!
myafroatemydog chapter 6 . 5/6
Great chapter
myafroatemydog chapter 5 . 5/6
I hated this chapter it was so sad
myafroatemydog chapter 4 . 5/6
This was an excellent chapter
myafroatemydog chapter 3 . 5/6
Holy fuck this was amazing
myafroatemydog chapter 2 . 5/6
Great follow up chapter
myafroatemydog chapter 1 . 5/5
Interesting first chapter
astolfo83 chapter 6 . 5/5
Great story, beautiful expose of love!
AWhiteLight chapter 6 . 1/18
I admit I stumbled upon this while looking for a bit of smut, but to say I was pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. This was a really enjoyable read and I really loved the focus that was on the mindset and needs of each other, beyond just the physical gratification. Thank you.
ThunderSphinx chapter 1 . 12/31/2017
Grimmauld Place isn't all Harry has. He would have inherited the Potter properties as well, dude.
AngelSlayer135 chapter 6 . 9/28/2017
I don't favorite a whole lot of stories but I tremendously enjoyed this one. It was... odd and yet real. It wasn't a beautiful, fall-in-love-with-someone-you-are-destined-to-be-with romance but I think that is what makes it so lovely. It is something I expect from a real life situation, an affair not due to magic or some contract or such nonsense, but just because of two people needing something that they couldn't find elsewhere.

I loved Narcissa's emotional roller coaster and Harry's simplistic, and yet complicated, views of the world. I loved the relationships that they both held onto with other people despite having each other. I loved the ending in which they simply agreed to be in imperfect lives. I loved how their relationship started and how it continued, ended, and restarted.

Very well done, and very enjoyable throughout.
automaton14 chapter 6 . 6/23/2017
This is honestly one of the most artistic works I've read on here. I don't like it, mostly because it's put together so well that it makes me feel things, and I wasn't quite ready for feelings. I'm not sure what I expected, but what I got was a whole bunch of complicated emotions. I think this story is underrated, and I recognize it's quality and the work and effort that went into crafting it, but there's just too many feels for me here. Hope you continue working, would totally read more of your stuff, even if it's sorta the same "feels trip" genre, because you're very talented and other reasons.
julesrulesfools chapter 2 . 5/3/2017
I'm enjoying the burn and the atmosphere at St. Mungo's. Also wondering how Lucius and Ginny will fit in...hell, and Ron, for that matter.