Reviews for The Volunteer
AngelSlayer135 chapter 6 . 9/28
I don't favorite a whole lot of stories but I tremendously enjoyed this one. It was... odd and yet real. It wasn't a beautiful, fall-in-love-with-someone-you-are-destined-to-be-with romance but I think that is what makes it so lovely. It is something I expect from a real life situation, an affair not due to magic or some contract or such nonsense, but just because of two people needing something that they couldn't find elsewhere.

I loved Narcissa's emotional roller coaster and Harry's simplistic, and yet complicated, views of the world. I loved the relationships that they both held onto with other people despite having each other. I loved the ending in which they simply agreed to be in imperfect lives. I loved how their relationship started and how it continued, ended, and restarted.

Very well done, and very enjoyable throughout.
automaton14 chapter 6 . 6/23
This is honestly one of the most artistic works I've read on here. I don't like it, mostly because it's put together so well that it makes me feel things, and I wasn't quite ready for feelings. I'm not sure what I expected, but what I got was a whole bunch of complicated emotions. I think this story is underrated, and I recognize it's quality and the work and effort that went into crafting it, but there's just too many feels for me here. Hope you continue working, would totally read more of your stuff, even if it's sorta the same "feels trip" genre, because you're very talented and other reasons.
julesrulesfools chapter 2 . 5/3
I'm enjoying the burn and the atmosphere at St. Mungo's. Also wondering how Lucius and Ginny will fit in...hell, and Ron, for that matter.
julesrulesfools chapter 1 . 5/3
I really enjoyed this, what a rich first chapter! And boy, it's damn near impossible to find a Harry/Narcissa fic, so I applaud you further.
Frenchie84 chapter 6 . 3/9
I really love the idea of them together. They make a lot of sense.
Moe H. Kyaw chapter 6 . 10/19/2016
i have mixed feelings. but thank you for this amazing work.
Guest chapter 5 . 10/11/2016
Pregnant :) :) :) :D
Netherworld chapter 6 . 5/17/2016
Goddamn. You really do write this pairing well. Would love to see more HP/NM from you!

At any rate, this was a brilliant piece. Their dance, their guilt, the whole gamut of emotions... simply brilliant. And I have to confess that while I'm a sucker for happy endings, I quite liked this one as well. Sort of, oh, I don't know... it just fit this version of them really well.

Wonderful story. :)
Aus chapter 6 . 10/28/2015
Simply beautiful. This was an amazing read.
l3ct0r chapter 6 . 7/28/2015
incredible story not the tipic Lemons-story got reason, developement and not the happy ever after finish. its different and in some sense beautifull

thanks by share it
SwiftMusings chapter 6 . 6/11/2015
This has to be one of the best Harry/Narcissa fics out there. So beautifully written. I'm so sad they can't be together though :( But it's understandable, even if it does make the end a bit sad.
Blazeb79 chapter 6 . 4/18/2015
I love this story. I really wish there was more. I hope.
PureBlood Vampira chapter 6 . 2/26/2015
I love this, I just wish those two could be together. They deserve each other but I can understand why they can't be together.
Lady Mischief chapter 6 . 11/2/2014
I found myself hoping for an ending that would leave them to be together, but I like the ending you left us with. You argued Narcissa's side well for why she couldn't leave.
Pyryp chapter 2 . 9/17/2014
Song lyrics too? Seems I'm really not part of the intended audience for this fic.