Reviews for fine word legitimate
CrackinAndProudOfIt chapter 1 . 8/5/2013
This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the alternating scenes; across such an expanse of settings, you reveal so much about Loki and his relationship with Thor. They're both very much in-character!

I love your language and images, too: Yggdraisil, the black space between the stars; the poem and that subtly poignant, "Oh, sing, muse"; and so many more!

A beautiful story. Well-done!
-Crackers
lifechiaroscuro chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Great fic!

Caity :)
The Wayfaring Strangers chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Creepy. Very, very Loki though.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Oh my goodness. I really am in awe of your talent. This was just amazing, and I look forward to more fics from you!
grossasstoenails chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Your stories have such beautiful language and rhythm. I don't always comment, but I needed to say it :)
Anon chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
This is beautiful, thoughtful, and well written.
FlashySyren chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
I have to agree with the other reviewer. You did an amazing job!
wbss21 chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
So, I don't understand WHY this doesn't have a hundred reviews by now. Or for that matter, why all of your stories don't have an innumerable amount, but they deserve it.

I know I'm repeating myself here, but your writing really is just phenomenally gorgeous. It flows as well as any poetry, I think, and is so rich with imagery and meaning and emotion. I'm just continually stunned by it.

And I know I'm repeating myself again here, but my God, do you capture the tragedy of Loki better than just about any writer I've ever seen. I can't even think what to say anymore without getting on your nerves with my over-enthused praise, but I can't help it.

This sort of balance you hit too, between making Loki both incredibly sympathetic, and horribly unsettling, is just brilliant. You capture and incorporate all elements of his character, which is just awe-inspiring to see. He's both a lost and wounded child, and a viciously intelligent, calculating, enraged god. And it creates such a three dimensional portrayal of him. He feels incredibly real in your stories. And every emotion he experiences feels real.

Your opening is just epicly sad, in how you convey this sudden and burgeoning hope within Loki at hearing Odin's words spoken against Mjolnir, because, and this is just purely excellent writing, because you never say it, but the reader senses it, there's this fleeting moment in which Loki believes he might be the one, he might be worthy of the hammer, and the magic it posses. He might be a son as worthy of Thor. And you can sense his unbearable longing for it to be so. Which is what the story is hinged on, and it's just genius the way you loop it back around to the end,and you show this amazing and terrible character arc, where Loki is staring defiantly at Odin and thinking "What a great mistake you have made, Allfather," I am a worthy son. That was just breathtaking, because it shows how his mindset has shifted so radically, really, from hope, to bitterness, and from wanting to prove his worth to Odin, to wanting to enforce the fact of his worth upon Odin and Asgard through revenge. To see Loki's fall through the context of this is just heartbreaking and terrifying at the same time.

I also find your ability to write Loki's inner thought process staggeringly accurate, and that's something incredibly impressive, given Loki is such a difficult character to write, given how intelligent and conflicted he is. When he's contemplating Thor's claims that all that's needed to be a good king is courage and Asgardian spirit, etc... And thinking to himself that there's more, so much more required than that. It's really an interesting study of his character you've crafted here, because you show Loki's realization that together, he and Thor form a complete puzzle, and his subsequent confusion then at why he can never be on equal footing with Thor is just tragic and kills you inside.

And I just adored the scene in the fighting arena, and the exchange between Sif and Thor and Loki and Fandral, and what Loki says, how it's so thick with foreshadowing and Loki's awareness of what he is. When he says he won't fight because he would end up hurting them, and you get the sense then of Loki's internal conflict, this horrible feeling that there's something wrong with him (which I just thought was so poetically and poignantly written in the scenes where Loki is lying awake at night in secluded places, wondering why he can't love as Thor does, why he can't feel as Thor does), and you realize I think that Loki is really, truly afraid of himself, and what he knows deep down he's capable of. It's just so painful when he's begging the muses to sing to him, to let him love and feel as Thor does, to give him some of that ability, and the air is dead in response. You invoke here the idea that Loki is fated to be what he is, that the universe has literally conspired against him to fall and be broken and rejected. What I also loved about the scene in the arena was this sense of mischievous playfulness that Loki displays with his appearing and disappearing, how he's sort of putting on a show, and no one really realizes the price he's paying for it, how such a great exertion of magic is physically deteriorating to him, and then what he hears from the gathering crowd, the only regard he receives from those others is that of disdain and mistrust and repulsion. Them calling him a coward for not being as the culture dictates he should be. And Loki's already diminishing self-regard latches on to that and only plunges him further down. You really get the sense of almost a little boy trying so hard to impress and be seen as something worth something, and met only and continually with rejection and scorn. It just kills you.

And through it all, I love how again, it's only really Sif who senses these things about Loki, who is aware of the pain in him, because she herself knows what it's like to be singled out and looked upon with disapproval.

Again, another brilliant piece of writing from you. You capture Loki's character with such beauty, I just can't ever get enough of it.