Reviews for Understudy
moon so bright chapter 3 . 12/9/2014
That shopping trip and all their interactions were awesome.
moon so bright chapter 2 . 12/9/2014
His/her interaction with his/her coworkers were adorable. I liked the introduction of Ranma here, as well.
moon so bright chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Poor Tooru! I love the whole concept!
fellow chapter 3 . 12/4/2014
Freaking awesome.
Eric-Brune chapter 3 . 10/16/2013
I do hope this story isn't forgotten. I don't know why it would be unpopular, unless it's because it's not "action-y" enough.

Might have been better to list it as a crossover story, rather than a "Ranma 1/2" story.
tuatara chapter 3 . 1/14/2013
This was another superb chapter. Great, great work. Such smart writing, as always. I don't have time to comment on everything that interested me in the chapter, but I just wanted to show my thanks for a lovely update. I greatly look forward to the next chapter, as well as to new installments of your other stories.

(Oh, and this could possibly benefit from one more proofreading pass. Just some minor errors here and there.)
Mig-31 chapter 3 . 1/11/2013
Quite nice, this. Hope to see more of this play out over time. :)
Spica75 chapter 3 . 1/9/2013
Nice cliffhanger. And a pretty good story so far.
tomaO2 chapter 3 . 1/8/2013
I have to say, that of all the fanfictions I have read on this website, this one is, by far, the most normal.

I like it. The story is only distantly related to Ranma 1/2 but that's okay. It's nice to see a world where Ranma and crew are living their 'happily ever after' story. No more big fights to go through or horrible surprises in store. Just having them go about living their lives.

I like the challenges that Tooru faces, nothing extreme like Ranma did, just the 'normal' day to day problems that the cursed form brings. You even normalized the curse by giving it a support group. I really like your approach and look forward to the next update.
ijpowers92 chapter 3 . 1/8/2013
well, I already read your google doc version so I just skimmed it this time. But I did notice that the "and a the" was still there.
Compucles chapter 2 . 11/15/2012
Hmm, this is a somewhat interesting take on the Ranma-verse, although you made a couple of mistakes. The Nannichuan is meant to be a cure for male curse victims, otherwise the Jusenkyo Guide never would've sent that cask to the failed wedding. Also, Herb was accidently cursed in the Nyanichuan after Ranma.

I suppose you'll eventually explain how Akane was cursed. I'm going to take a wild guess and say Kenta inherited the curse but not Ryuugi (or the Amazon boys) due to Akane being pregnant with him at the time she was cursed (which I guess would mean the curse didn't manifest in Akane until after he was born). This would then beg the question of which Saotome actually carried Ryuugi.
weebee chapter 2 . 11/15/2012
Hmm, neat stuff!

Stayed away from your other curse story, since dealing with Ranma's curse can go horribly wrong so easily, but Tooru's an independant character, and given the quality of the writing itself, whatever you do to him likely won't screw up his characterization. Not to say you would have screwed up Ranma's, but several hundred times bitten, twice shy, y'know?

The story itself is quite good. Your characters seem well thought out. They adhere to cliches, but honestly those are there for a reason, and a story set from the position of a generic sallaryman is really a neat idea, especially since he's reacting to the world going nuts in a very fascinating way.

If this story's unpopular, I'm sorry for it. If what you said about monthly updates is true, it's going to be hard enough waiting for the next chapter without the negative reviews getting you down so you decide not to update.

While I am a guy who likes Ranma in his Ranma fics, the characters you do have should make up a good deal of the difference, and honestly, I wish FFN had an "Original work" tag in the crossover list. Still, you indicated the content early enough that I don't think anyone should feel overly indignant, and seeing Nerima's most popular hellraiser as a supporting character, who's apparently grown up some, could be pretty fun.

If you can't tell, I am greatly looking forward to the next chapter. As for the love situation, I hope you're a little easier on it than canon Ranma was, since though it started out as the series' heart, lack of any resolution eventually turned it into a bit of a cancer.
[X]Story Alert.
tuatara chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
Wow, I can say, quite unreservedly, that I'm truly loving this one so far. I went over to Fukufics and read the rest of what you posted there, and that just made me even more fond of it. In fact, I think this is my favorite work of yours to date. You even threw in a Murakami shout-out, which was pretty rad. (I went to the superb exhibition of his work in L.A. a few years ago…great stuff.)

Thank you greatly for posting this. I'm quite eager to see more!
Monkeys With Typewriters chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I do love me some Josei. Good stuff so far. Look forward to further installments.