Reviews for The White Album
Cutest story ever
Izaranna chapter 11 . 8/28
Oh, but this was beautiful!
You really have a wonderful way with characterisation, and they're all so brilliant and dynamic and REAL, that they don't really seem fictional, as people I mean.
And it's so easy to see this as fact, that they were this nerdy and callous and GROWING and fragile and self-centred and nervous but not overly so, patient but impatient, torn but not wallowing, breaking and making and keeping promises, that I just...
And you've left them at the cusp of their future, where anything could happen, and we all know it isn't going to happen, but it's so wonderful that they can still dream.
It was so beautifully subtle, the way you made them believe in their futures naturally, as though there was no chance anything else would happen, as though there was never really an end-point to THEM.
And the way you brought up conflicts specific to the wizarding world - muggleborn in-jokes (Conan O'Doyle), pureblood lack of wonder at the lack of limits of magic - was amazing and made this world you've created REAL in a way nothing else could.
And I especially love Algernon.
Honestly.
He's amazing. My favourite character by far.
mspstar97 chapter 11 . 8/15
Oh my gosh that last bit though! He finally got his sandwich! And Lily, which was what we all were waiting for. SO FUNNY! And so satisfying. I was a little nervous...you put off getting them together until the very end. But it was a great ending. Nice job! :)
mspstar97 chapter 10 . 8/15
Ok so I haven't finished reading the chapter yet. Just got to the part where she forgives him. WHAAAAAAAAT?! So it looks like I didn't know what she'd say after all, can't say I'm not happy about that. You write these characters to be more mature than most of the fandom, so I should've known. This made me happy. :)
mspstar97 chapter 9 . 8/15
Oh my god. Oh my god. OH MY GOD! This is too much. I was so worried he was going to blow his cover when he was high with her, but now he's doing it all on his own! I know that this is probably for the best...y'know being honest and all that. BUT IT FREAKS ME OUT! I just know how this is going to turn out. But hopefully things will be resolved in the next chapter.
mspstar97 chapter 5 . 8/15
I love how so many of your fics overlap. I mean the bacon sandwiches, for one. And Algernon, everyone's favorite cat. Plus James' distaste for the French. I might have missed these if I'd not read all of your fics in rapid succession, but since I'm doing that (because your writing is way too good to stop at just one fic even if my MCAT is in three days) I especially enjoy the similarities.

Also, I really like the humor in your story. A little dry but also a little outlandish, just up my alley.

Another thing, I'm amazed at how much effort you put into your fics. Each chapter is so long, yet not a bit feels unnecessary or unenjoyable (yes, I know that's not a word, but that's not really the point here). I'm thoroughly enjoying myself while reading your work.
AprilMuggle chapter 11 . 7/4
Oh, stop! Now I'm crying
Bellanu421 chapter 11 . 6/23
it was a lovely story! thats the first time I have read such an oddball story, characters are way different than what we expect, but really sweet and lovely.!
Wat dis be de end? Nooooooooooo
Hayden Avery chapter 11 . 3/5
Well written and very funny
This was one of the first Jily fanfics I ever read. That was a few years ago, and the liberal application of Beatles drew me in like a moth to a flame, as I am a huge fan. I had almost forgotten about this story until I stumbled on it yet again. I think I appreciated this story more than I did a few years ago (when I thought that 11 chapters was a super long story, fanfic-wise). But I'm rambling, and if I don't stop now, this may be pages long. Keep up the good work!
expecto-patroniam chapter 11 . 11/4/2015
awww that was soo cute! i love your fics! and i love how algernon finally brought him a bacon sandwich i actually thought it was impossible :P
lilieswho chapter 11 . 10/9/2015
See, this is exactly how a story should end: with a happy ending where no one dies.
I loved this so much! Well, you're probably tired of reading that you are amazing and that what you write is pure gold, but I'm going to do it anyway!
YOU. ARE. AMAZING.
YOUR WRITING IS PURE GOLD.
YOU ARE A JILY GODESS THAT CAME FROM HEAVEN TO MAKE ME HAPPY AND SAD WITH YPUR WORDS.
There it is
HeriadlasofHest chapter 11 . 8/13/2015
That was the sweetest, bestest thing ever. I adore this story more than I can say.
bluefangirl chapter 11 . 7/28/2015
this did start off a bit dark, but ended up light and fluffy. i really liked it :D