Reviews for Future Says Run
skribleskrable chapter 3 . 11/5/2016
I'm only 3 chapters in but already hooked! Can't wait to read more when I have time : )
Ronin-ai chapter 37 . 10/16/2016
YAAAAAYYY! Finally an update! I was beginning to worry that I was infecting you with my Draggin-ass update issue. Either that or maybe my Muses were giving yours Bad Ideas...Either way I'm thrilled to see that you've finally updated this story!

I have to admit, I was a little lost.. I had to re- read the previous chapter to remind myself of context and so on.. .but as always, I love the way you write Squall and Rinoa's interactions.

Can't wait to see what further revelations occur, what actions take place, and finally, how their situation resolves itself. Keep up the good work...sending loads of creative juju your way. Update soon!
Jagiyacat chapter 37 . 10/13/2016
WHEN I SAW THIS GET UPDATED I SCREAMED. this story meant EVERYTHIGN to me a year or two ago and I still religiously check it out oh my gosh. I just honestly love how it's an AU but you still have the characters so true to what they are, but with Rinoa with such an added cuteness. Gosh, the absolute creativity in this one single fic is awe inspiring. You're amazing, honestly. And Squall's pacing of character development is LEGENDARY in this ! GOSH I LOVED THIS UPDATE SO MUCH.
angelwingprincess chapter 37 . 10/12/2016
I loved this chapter. It was super cute when he finally decided to let her hug him! Ah, I couldn't stop smiling! Even if your chapter updates come sporadically sometimes, I will always be excited when you get a chance to post a new one. Each one is well worth the wait! I wish I was more coherent to go into more detail about how lovely it was, but I think I'm in sore need for a nap. Regardless, very awesome!
FF9Zidane chapter 37 . 10/11/2016
It was such a nice surprise seeing this update! :) I always love how you write the two of them talking to one another. Both are so witty and cleaver I just love it.
siobhane chapter 37 . 10/11/2016
All the cute! I've said before how much I enjoy Rinoa's circular reasoning and silly double-talk, but it's such a delight to read, especially when Squall gives it right back without flinching. (And woohoooo for wacky, wavy tube man skills - you know I was wondering just how the heck that was going to come into play). Cute, cute, cute. And so awkward. Loved the idea of Squall deconstructing "stress sandwich." Something he would do.

Ugh. The flirting!

Glad to see an update and that they wound up more or less on the same page, and super curious as to where they wind up next.
Summoner Luna chapter 37 . 10/11/2016
Awwww. While there's certainly a lot to be said for sudden displays of All The Tension, there's an enjoyment in watching two shy dorks be shy dorks. If shy is a word for Rinoa, but certainly hesitant, given everything that has led them to where they are. And I always appreciate Squall picking up on more relationship cues than he lets on whether he says anything or not, so well done there.

Looking forward to Allison's reaction to seeing them again, I'm sure she'll find some way to embarrass them by picking up on the fact that they are less awkward with each other (or at least differently-awkward).

And that last line. A plus chapter ending!
x Euphoria chapter 36 . 2/11/2016
I love when I see this story get updated! So I read this when this chapter first came out but then I had to re-read the whole thing. It's been awhile and plus I needed something to read before bed x).

I always forget what happens to Ellone but NOPE not the case anymore. I made sure to read everything carefully cause I know I got some things about the powers mixed up last time _ . But I just really love how everything is flowing and how their relationship is building. It's so adorable and very natural.

You're doing a great job with this story and always I can't wait for more! :D :D :D
FF9Zidane chapter 36 . 1/28/2016
Oh well now I'm hooked! Imma just plop myself here and wait for updates. :)
Summoner Luna chapter 36 . 1/26/2016
I've seen some of the dialogue with Caraway before and of course heard you talk about it, but contextually, it really fits very well, and flows very nicely-particularly the lines I know you struggled with more than others, so well done on those! And it's just so *refreshing* to see Caraway in this light. It doesn't give the idea that this one conversation is going to resolve everything between them, but knowing what you were going for, you really did nail the "oh hey, he actually did have my best interests at heart" aspect of their relationship, and make him far less of the villain he's usually painted as.

As for the stuff between Squall and Rinoa...ahhh I thought we were finally going to get a kiss! So close! That first time she had her hands on him I really thought you were going to go for it, the moment was so perfect! Crazy kids and their over-thinking things.

And I did catch the Skye reference in this, and it was perfectly used. And awesome, because Skyenoa.
angelwingprincess chapter 36 . 1/19/2016
So, I totally left this open with the review box zoomed in on so I wouldn't forget to review for this chapter, haha! Anyway, I absolutely love how you worked in the 'old family friend' being Raine. I half expected it to be Laguna but I like the way you made Raine and Caraway friends from childhood. It's interesting and makes me really curious about how he was before he went into the military.

I always get excited for your updates, even if there's not a lot of gush-ness, because I like seeing this slow build that they're having. Rinoa sitting on her hands to keep from hugging him was cute, and then he had to go and say she could as a return favor (which is kindof a hug buzzkkill) but UGGGGGHHHH I am SOOOOO excited for where this goes next! I might just reread the whole thing again just to re-immerse myself
siobhane chapter 36 . 1/18/2016
Ugh. Feels, man. The conversation with Rinoa and her dad was really perfect for their relationship. For him to admit he not only made mistakes but also realized they were different people in spite of their similarities was a nice touch. And the fact that Rinoa didn't sugar coat things was on point-I know we sort of covered similar headcanon ground in this topic, but I really like how you presented it. I also liked that Squall instinctively knew Rinoa and Caraway needed to clear the air after his statement about being needed in a different capacity. That comment and Rinoa's response to it gave me feels in a big way. Ugh.

But on a lighter note, the banter/flirting/LIES part was cute. These two are just cute together. Squall's dry humor versus Rinoa's silly humor is so funny to me. Resistance is futile, Mr. Leonhart. You know you secretly like it!

More, please.
siobhane chapter 35 . 1/18/2016
I can't remember if I said before how much I enjoy Rinoa's silly, derivative thought processes. I'd imagine, being in her situation without much opportunity for conversation or mental stimulation, surrounded by sick people who may or may not zombify, would lead to her having to entertain herself a lot of the time. Given the circumstances, I would say your characterization is perfectly reasonable. And hilarious. I love all the weird, circular reasoning and associations she makes. It's silly but oddly logical.

I found it interesting that though they keep agreeing to not connect mentally, Squall is the one that keeps breaking the agreement. It seemed out of character at first, but he's so nonverbal/reluctant to talk that it actually makes sense that this sort of communication would appeal to him, being that he's stuck in his head a lot of the time.

All the plot twists have been fun to read. Just when I think I have a handle on where this is going, there's a sudden left turn. Tricky to pull off, but it makes for a great read!

I also want to note that I do enjoy the slight role reversal. The idea that Squall's physical well being is linked to Rinoa's power is something you don't see. Usually, if he's dependant on her at all (guilty!) it's a mental health issue and not a physical one. I also like that Rinoa doesn't get her feelings hurt by his stand-offishness. I personally never saw her as being upset by that as writers tend to portray. She gets him, and she gets that it's nothing personal when he pushes her away.

So anyway, there's a new chapter to read (yay!) and I'm super curious about Raine's role in Squall's special snowflake mess, how Caraway knows her and why Caraway seems so suspicious of Jim. Ahem. I mean Squall.

Also, I thought I followed, but evidently didn't so I'm gonna fix that right now.
Ronin-ai chapter 36 . 1/17/2016
yay! another chapter, and more revelations. I do love how gradually their relationship is building...being thrown together and more or less dependent upon each other can make things even more difficult. Can't wait to see where things go from here (sending creative juju your way).
siobhane chapter 9 . 12/30/2015
Well this just got dark. Oh, Rin. So impulsive. So reckless. So much Rin. I'm really loving your characterization of her. The thought processes and rationalization and willingness to get to the bottom of things is spot on. I also really enjoy all the moments of humor throughout all this. I am a big fan of that (as you probably know) and I've always felt that no matter how bad an IRL situation is, there are always moments of humor if you're looking. At least, in my experience.

But duuuuude! What is going on in this clinic?! Zombie vegetables or not, seriously not cool. Horrifying.

Okay, I really, really want to keep reading, but real life calls and I've spammed your inbox enough for one day.