Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
Sirius120 chapter 30 . 2/8/2013
Crap! So I totally had every intention of being the model fan by reading your latest chapter and faithfully posting an immediate response. Ugh, I'm sorry! My only excuse is that life is finally starting to get back to some semblance of normal, and the necessity of escapism is no lot the powerful drive it once was. (Trust me, it's a good thing.) anyways, here's the review I owe you:

I think it's hilarious that, as soon as the mortal danger passes, you dial up the crazy on these two. In ways that are truly, idiosyncratically them, about to kill each other in a car. And I love how their relationship is accepted by the Scoobies. I think story was perfectly written to be able to bring them to this point, where there is still some skepticism, of course, but an equal willingness to believe in Spike because he has already proven his love and devotion to Buffy. It's almost a relief not to have to re-hash the obvious trust issues again. There are definitely some great Scooby moments written into this chapter.

I found Joyce's confrontation with Spike especially poignant; I completely empathize with his roller coaster of emotions as he waits for her rejection and Buffy's reaction. Especially because all of this leads to the crushing reality, as brutally reminded by the Watchers, that a Slayer's life is never a long one. And Spike's immediate reaction is impressive, to say the least, as if someone had threatened to kill Buffy right then.

The Faith/Sylvia storyline is an interesting turn. I'm looking forward to how you wrap that up in the end.

Ok, that's as much brain power as I have left today! I'm going to read 31 :-)
omslagspapper chapter 31 . 2/8/2013
aw, fweslaith. go go wesley mobile!
LOVEisRealand4eva chapter 31 . 2/8/2013
Im so glad to see that Wesley has actually become a man and that Spike and Buffy ate together. Im happy and sad that the end is so close. Happy because i want to know the end. Sad because i dont want it to end
ginar369 chapter 31 . 2/8/2013
Someone needs to either yank that pole out of daddy Pryce's ass or shove it all the way up until it hits his brain stem. That man is a waste of a human body.

Go Wes you tweedy maniac you! I think the two of them can become an excellent team together. I always thought so if they had been given a real chance. She'll loosen him up a bit and he'll teach her some control. A match made in watcher heaven. And one that will probably give Travers a heart attack if were all lucky. When he finds out Wes thwarted his final move. I can't wait to see it when he finds out! Maybe dear old dad with have a stroke when he finds out! Here's hoping. :)
jewel74 chapter 30 . 2/8/2013
I knew it: You made everyone witness that Buffy could drive! Honestly, I never understood why she could not drive. She can slay monsters but she is afraid of driving?
Her interpretation skills are much worse than her driving skills though: This is not a case of sleeping around! Seriously Buffy :))
Oh, and dear Spike, being Spike again, pretending to forget names, being smart, being lovesick.. I love it when he behaves like that. And I loved how you turned it around for all of them. Eating is always a favorite subject is it not?
It was time Collins reevaluated his loyalties and his mission. Good for him.
Buffy's outburst was.. Well, I am glad that she faced the people she loved about a decision they are all against. But it is her decision and she is very brave to stand for it. Especially when the alternative, giving in to the good girl mode, the standard life with family and friends, is so easy. But after all she is 18! The age of bravery ;)
I really love Offers very much, feel sorry that it has to end.. but you know, life goes on, and you promised so much about Unknown, my true favorite, so I am.. still happy :)
Illusera chapter 30 . 2/6/2013
Isn't it funny how Spike is more afraid of Joyce than Buffy?

I'm also wondering if everyone else will find out what Buffy was hallucinating, but I'm guessing no. And Collins is really taking things hard. Not that he shouldn't, but what will he do afterwards? I'd imagine his trust might be a little shaky right now.
micmoc chapter 30 . 2/6/2013
I am so happily sad:-( :-)
alexiarrose chapter 30 . 2/5/2013
Bad, bad reader. Sorry I got a bit behind again. Love love love: the smudgy slate. And the moment we should force Joss to go back and write in: "'And I'll be...' ... 'I'll be his.'" To quote the Willow: Awwwwwww! And damn skippy too. Interested in seeing how things work out for Faith. I'd love to see you take her on in a major role in a B/S fic, or even in her own starring role. I know you'd take her to some interesting places. OK, wrapping this one up for now: I do like Collins beating himself up. Feel free to up the self-torture there all you like. And someone can rip out Travers' tongue anytime now ... ;)
loverswalk89 chapter 30 . 2/5/2013
Yay! Buffy is home and all is right with the world!? Well for now... I can't wait for the next few chapters I have really enjoyed this story.
jewel74 chapter 29 . 2/5/2013
Although we are nearing the end, your story never loses momentum, with lots of unanswered questions and unsolved issues, like.. what will Collins do in the end. Travers. Faith. The tensed silence between B&S. The choice of Spike seems rather clear, how about Buffy's choice?

All I have to do is read the next chapter to find my answers. Lucky me :)
N172Shay chapter 30 . 2/4/2013
I really am loving this story. I love that the Scoobies are involved even just a little bit. And I really love that Buffy is standing by Spike now that she's home.
Neinka chapter 30 . 2/4/2013
Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you :D
ValidescopeWest chapter 29 . 2/4/2013
I loved the interactions with Buffy and Spike. How they are really and truly listening to each other. One month and they are a better couple than most in real life - I know, I know that it's written that way but the things they went through. It's a miracle. You can see the love and protection Spike feels for Buffy in his every step. It's amazing. If I didn't now feel bad for Collins and how his world seems to be imploding then I would have voted for just a little more Cruciamentum juice in that syringe. But hey, he's just realizing that his boss is the bad guy so, I'll let it slide lol.

I loved the talk they had in the car. Both a little scared on some level to start the Talk they know they need to have, then Buffy just busting into it and Spike saying that he would basically never leave her and Buffy basically saying you're my home now too.

I like Joyce. I do. I guess the mother in her refuses to see who Buffy really is. It's her own version of naivete I suppose. Wanting Buffy to drop Collins off at a police station or somewhere safe. That she thinks Giles could have made her do it or that she would have listened to her. Exactly when did Buffy last listen to her mother when Slayer business was involved? On top of that she is now 18, seems to have truly found herself and a love that believes in all of her and knows her a little bit better than anyone else. But then again, Joyce isn't aware of that yet. Let's hope she takes her maternal blinders off to really take a good look at who her child is now. Also in her distress just to have Buffy safe, she seems to have forgotten that Spike was her protector for a whole month even keeping her from killing herself while she was poisoned. But like I said, maternal blinders and all.

The conversation Giles and Wesley had with Quinn and Martin when they were alone was funny. It sounds like the beginning to a bad joke..."Exactly how many Watchers does it take to escort one lone Wet Works/Threat Removal technician?" Martin sounds like a douche getting angry that they lied to the Council...I'm glad Giles put him right in his place. They lied to a treacherous Travers, not the whole darn Council. He is but one man. I have a feeling that what Wesley feels he has forgotten is Faith. Perhaps because she is in a coma that no one worried about her. But he should be worried with that spineless, eager Sylvia ready to do anything to get in good with Travers with hopes to get a Slayer or potential of her own. So sad. Don't they do mental evaluations at the Council? I'm sure plenty of crazy Watchers could be ruled unfit that way.
mike13z50 chapter 30 . 2/4/2013
She's home, and they are accepting Spike provisionally. But now they have to save Faith!

So happy to see an update.

I loved the talk between her and Xander, you write Xander so well. Most Spuffy stories make him such an ass, and he can be, but he really just wants to protect Buffy. My favorite one of all was his encounter with Angel in Unmentionable.

Good job with Collins as well.
MaireAilbhe chapter 30 . 2/3/2013
This darn computer isn't letting me log in again, I don't think... but, yay! So happy for a relatively-painless homecoming and for Buffy standing up for her relationship. Hell, you've even made me feel a bit of compassion for Collins! As I increasingly say-you're amazing!
928 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »