Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
CailinRua chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
I love so much about this story and the way it's progressing! Buffy and Spike's insecurity and the way that they interact is great. The part about how Travers likes to see strong girls be made weak by the men they trust really stood out to me. That relationship between strong women and the Council seems like a point that Joss would make, and the way that you include those themes makes it so easy to believe that this story could fit into canon. Also, the length of our chapters is great. I appreciate having longer chapters to read, since your story is so compelling that just a couple paragraphs at a time would be pretty frustrating!
DragonMouse chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Ack with cliffhangers already! *Shakes Wesley*
Spit chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Joyce had a great idea of how to transport Collins. I love when she's protection-motherly-violent. And I love haggling Buffy and Spike. But they are awesome and everyone else. Really great and exciting story.
And excuse my English please, this is not my native language.
MaireAilbhe chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Oooh! The Sylvia thing was a twist I hadn't expected! Brilliant!
And I love the cigarette argument. Spike always pines for Gauloises in my stories for the same reason. Heh! :D
ginar369 chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Oh holy crap! They forgot about Faith! Shit shit shit. Buffy's finally safe, or relatively safe and Faith is hanging out there with no protection. Travers is criminally insane and because of it two others are trying to commit murder.

Joyce cracks me up. Walking out the front door holding a tray of muffins to confront the people spying on her. I love it.

I don't think Spike has to worry about his welcome in Sunnydale. Everyone except for Angel will be fairly happy to see him. He saved Buffy's life after all at the cost of his payment for being her body guard to boot!

Evil cliff hanger. But I love you anyway.
Bamboo Angel chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Loved the way Joyce greeted the people sent by the council. And I hope Wesley figures out what he's forgetting BEFORE Faith gets killed, or she wakes up in time to protect herself. One or the other.
PeaceHeather chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Excellent wrap-up begun here. "As if I'm forgetting something." Oh, Wesley. Yes. You are. Your SLAYER. But I forgive you.

I absolutely love the way you've got Collins questioning his loyalties.
Neinka chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
Oooo poor Faith! Come on Wesley you have to remember!

I can't wait for Buffy and Spike to arrive and to see how will Scoobies and co. react to their relationship :)

Thank you! :)
omslagspapper chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
oh wesley, so adorable and forgetful.
KittenOfDoomage chapter 29 . 1/25/2013
*waits for next chapter like excited five year old going to the circus*
ValidescopeWest chapter 28 . 1/25/2013
It's wonderful how when Buffy was doubting herself, wondering had she lost her grip on her Slayer side, that Spike was there to boost her up and let her know she had control of her power and it was completely hers. He was right in saying that if she hadn't then Collins would already be dead by her own hand. I also think that says a lot about Spike's control of his demon and his love for Buffy that he hadn't torn Collins apart the minute he got him in the door. That backhanded fist slap made me all sorts of happy though and I'm not really all that violent.

I love how Spike told Collins about his boss Travers and how he'd played with the devils, so to speak, even before calling in 'Threat Removal.' Lets him know what kind of man his boss really is. If nothing else, I have to say Collins is loyal to the end.

Fortunately that just led to Buffy showing him that she is the Force to Be Reckoned With. Badass with a capital B. Quietly and steadily telling him how she would put him through the paces that led up to her almost dying hopefully had Collins peeing in his pants. She did it with dignity and strength while hold onto her pain and fear inside. Amazing.

Wonderful writing my dear.
Sirius120 chapter 28 . 1/24/2013
Short, but sweet chapter! How awesome is Spike? Giving Buffy a pep talk about good and evil! Talk about loving someone as they are... And they are a hilarious, and intimidating, good cop/ bad cop routine. Almost makes me wish I knew all things Buffy said to Collins. Can't wait to see what comes next...
Sirius120 chapter 27 . 1/24/2013
I know, I know...this review is seriously long overdue! I have many excuses, but put simply, life got in the way.

First of all, yay! Buffy is saved! I don't think I could stand many more of those crushing, soul wrenching madness scenes that you write so well. And the pieces of the Travers's plot are being assembled to discredit him after all. I am curious to see what his last play will be, this subplot to send this important letter.

Buffy's reunion with the Scoobies is classic. It drifts from happy and heartfelt, to strategizing the next plan of attack, to lecturing Buffy about her latest love, all in the span of a few paragraphs. I love that Willow hung up on Joyce, and that Xander is supporting her!

I love Spike's impassioned confession about using the eye to heal her. There are so many layers of that conversation, all ending in the realization that he finally got what (and who) he wanted. And how quickly things progress from love and sex to springing the next trap on the baddies. I love that you jumble all of those things together, that things are messy and complicated.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 18 . 1/23/2013
Lol Travers' reaction to finding out that Spike is the one with her.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 17 . 1/23/2013
WOW that power speech was so good! It's even better than the one in Checkpoint!
930 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »