Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
Alottalove chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Love the good cop bad cop even if unintentional, cause it's who they reallly are. This fic really has come to life in so many ways. I will miss it when it ends.
ginar369 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Why do I have a feeling that Buffy will hate herself for what she just did? She doesn't like to cause pain and she just did. She tortured Collins mentally and she won't like herself for it. But maybe recounting helped her heal? Personally I liked Spike's idea the best. But I don't think Vamp Collins would make a witness the council would listen too. So I guess it's better they didn't go with Spike's plan. Hopefully Spike gets to beat up somebody?! :)
loverswalk89 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Yes! Collins is talk! Loved the good cop/bad cop thing you did with Spike & Buffy. Genius! Can't wait for the next chapter. It's gunna be awesome.
skeezixx chapter 27 . 1/15/2013
First, I want to say that I'm sorry you are injured and hope that you get well soon!

I'm so glad that this isn't the last chapter. I noticed you hadn't updated in awhile and after read chapter 26 I thought maybe this was the epilogue. I don't care if I have to wait awhile until you're recuperated, just happy that there will be more of this story!

I absolutely LOVE their conversation when Buffy finds out Spike used the eye, especially his little outburst. It's great to see them interact again now that she's well.

Think I'm going to love the next chapter! ;)

Sorry I couldn't write more, but I should have started dinner hours ago!
skeezixx chapter 26 . 1/15/2013
This is so Xander and it made me laugh: "Whoa- whoa. English person! Wes, Giles! English person on the phone. Don't hang up Mr. English person. Um."

Great job showing the trance-like state that Buffy is in when she leaves the cabin. I like that Spike knows her well enough to know that she must be thinking of killing herself. I also liked when he realizes that even though this started as a way to help Dru, the only thing that matters to him now is Buffy.

The cliff scene was very intense, like that they were both saving each other.

I'm not sure if you intended this, but the Willow/Xander/Giles/Wes segment when they're talking about showers etc., really stresses how distant they are from Buffy right now. Even though they've been up all night trying to help, Spike is the one that's really getting his hands dirty and working to save her.

Liked the parallel between him knocking Dru out and doing the same to Buffy. Actually, like all the parallels you've been making between the two situations and Spike's thoughts about it.

Whoa, I thought the cliff scene was intense, but even that doesn't compare to the one when Spike's on the phone with Giles as he's trying to stop Buffy from hurting herself. Love how Xander and Giles pick up on Spike's slips about how he feels about her and the intensity and desperation of his actions. Great writing here of Spike's thoughts and actions. The fact that he thought about turning her and his thoughts about how that worked out in the past was perfect. Loving the connections you're making between Buffy, Dru, and his mom. The descriptions of Spike talking to Giles while simultaneously restraining Buffy are great and add to the intensity of the scene.

Ha, I knew that Spike would somehow chose to use the eye for Buffy instead of Dru! ;) That didn't take away from how much I loved the ending of the chapter or how wrapped up in it I was. Such great chapter!
skeezixx chapter 25 . 1/15/2013
I am very behind on this story as I'm finally settled in after moving. This fic has been on my mind though, and I'm so glad to get back to it! Have a feeling my reviews for the next few chapters will be brief, as I don't have much time.

So great seeing Traver's squirm a bit!

I think I mentioned this in my last review, but I think you're doing a fantastic job showing us how the drug is affecting Buffy. It was even a little creepy when she saw herself. I also really liked the interaction between Spike and Buffy and how they were misunderstanding each other, and how easy circumstances made it for them to do so. I especially liked the exchange when Buffy smashed the mirror and Spike told her that she's sick.

Spike's caring for her is so touching, particularly since he's not exactly sure how to care for humans, which adds to his fear.

The best part of this chapter has to be the return to their list of things they have in common. I had almost forgotten about it and think it's the best idea ever to bring it back now. So touching, I had tears in my eyes when he brought it out has a way to bring her back and then she started adding to it too. Perfect scene! Love this exchange:
"We - love someone we're not supposed to love." Buffy whispered hesitantly, pushing the pen back towards him.

"Was that before, Luv? Or is that now?" Spike's own voice came out as whisper, though he was trying to keep it solid.

Wow, I was a bit shocked that Giles only response to Spike's question about how to handle the curiosity of hospital employees was to try not to kill them!

And this:

"Screw 'em." Spike rolled on top of her. This is gonna end badly. However it ends. "Love you, Slayer. Love you like you're in my head and under my skin. If you've got a disease, I can't catch it, if you've got something scarin' you, it can't frighten me off. I love you, and I hate you for makin' me fall."
Traveler07 chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
Beautiful story. I have loved every chapter so far!
RedEclipedTwilight chapter 27 . 1/15/2013
Hey, as always love your stories, can't wait for the rest!
CrazyforSpike chapter 27 . 1/14/2013
I love your story! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Guest chapter 3 . 1/13/2013
Beautiful.
Guest chapter 2 . 1/13/2013
Loving this story. What a fantastic idea! And everything makes sense. That's exactly what Angel would say!
jewel74 chapter 27 . 1/14/2013
Suck-o-meter :)))) That is soo funny, together with the other Xander-Willow dialogues.. I loved them all.
I loved all the emotional talk between B&S, but Spike's answer to Buffy when she confronted him about using Menfra's Eye, was outstanding; explaining all the unmentioned facts, answering all the unanswered questions.. to Buffy of course, since we already knew them. And yes, he made a decision, he chose, but what is wrong with making someone choose? even if not today he would have to choose one day anyway.. if his love is strong enough. So.. the sooner the better ;)
I looooved the ending very much: a B&S classic. I like vampire Spike as much as sensitive lover Spike, you know. Go Spike!
PeaceHeather chapter 27 . 1/13/2013
Okay, reviewing while reading now, so this ought to be fun (and dammit, I shouldn't have paused to read the last paragraph before going back to the beginning of the chapter, 'cause now I've spoiled myself).

Anyway. Don't hate me, but I've noticed two things. One, you've got more sentence hopping going on in the more recent chapters - sentences with words missing for no apparent reason? Two, continuity error. In the last chapter when Buffy's poisoning became known to the Council, they escorted Travers back to his cell. Here, you have him still sitting in the room when Wesley calls.

Moving on...

Wow, Travers' megalomania knows no bounds, does it? Though I suppose that's the definition of the term - he is utterly convinced that none of them can touch him and that he has every right to act as he has. In a way he's even putting himself above the Powers That Be - "the Universe may choose her but without us she's just a freak"... total crock, but he genuinely believes it.

Poor Wesley. "She's not my Slayer," convinced she'll only see him as a hindrance, that he doesn't have the right to pride in her.

Travers putting nails into his own coffin, trying to discredit Wesley; Mr. Fallows turning it all back in his face. Glorious. Understated, elegant, British, and still glorious.

Willow and Xander are awesome friends and do not need to be slapped in any way. Yay! (Sorry, a lot of fic shows them not at their best; these most recent chapters have reminded me just how awesome they are, as they've been throughout the story.) Marvelous. "French Foreign Legion." Heh.

Spike loves her to pieces - almost literally. "Even at your weakest you're a vicious little thing." Hee. Also, poor thing; he's been through the wringer with worry, and the "ready to chew like shredded wheat" his cigarette... you do know I love you forever, right? Your phrasing is just phenomenal.

*gasp* Travers, you BASTARD. Gullible stupid guard... let's see where this goes. Hopefully they won't be stupid.

[[ mumbling to himself- one version of himself, "Not good at sports. Ha. That'll show' em."]] The "one version of himself" is just priceless, a perfect little detail, as is the rest of the line - but something about that is just a little diamond sparkle in the middle of it all. Of course, them being all fragile and cautious around each other is just... Okay. How about I stop reviewing every damn sentence, here. YOU ARE PERFECT AND I LOVE YOU, THAT IS ALL, MOVING ON.

"you cloth-eared thing" is a perfect little phrase. Ah, okay, now instead of reviewing every sentence I'm down to phrases. We'll do words next, and then possibly punctuation. YOU ARE TOO AMAZING, PLEASE STOP IT, THAT IS ALL. Moving on! :D Oh, poor Buffy, still finding something to feel guilty about, as if getting poisoned and Spike falling in love and deciding to save her life were somehow her fault. 'Cause she's so manipulative, really. _ She's right, though, I bet Spike does hurt - but he came to that realization a little while back and it's still new to her.

This realization of how deeply he loves her is earth-shattering for them both. Her understanding that he had to do things he hated, and did them for HER - and then absolving him completely because she understands and as had to do it before. That's probably earth-shattering for him.

I continue to love that he helped her really embrace her Slayer side in a way that no Watcher ever could (or would?) - and that he thinks it's hot when she becomes even more lethally dangerous. I want to say something here about predators and prey, but after several minutes can't find anything that makes much sense.

Mua-hahaha. Collins. This will be interesting, especially once he sees that his own motive for killing her was a false one and he's been misled.

Damn. There isn't a chapter 28 waiting for me to continue. DAMN.

You are awesome. That is all.
PeaceHeather chapter 26 . 1/13/2013
Wow. I should probably leave a longer review than that, but just wow.

Okay, I lied.

Why the HECK did I forget about Menfra's Eye when it was the whole reason Spike got involved in the first place? Oh, wait. No, he got involved in the first place because he decided Travers was a bigger scumbag than Spike was evil.

I love that the cat is out of the bag and the way that emergency pushed the issue aside - multiple cats, really, with Spike being her bodyguard, but now also Spike being in love with her and it being mutual, and I LOVED Xander's understanding that Spike wasn't just bullshitting them, based on the tone of voice. And Willow's "scary to sweet ratio" deciding that it is okay with the Buffy/Spike combination.

The scary parts weren't quite as scary as I thought they might be, thank goodness, though I was on the edge of my seat fearing that the Council would be stupid or too bureaucratic to be effective. Instead I found THEM realizing Travers' motive entirely: she's the best we ever had, and the only one he couldn't control. Glorious.

So, the scary parts weren't as bad as I thought they might get, but I'm still glad I waited to read them till you gave me the all-clear signal. :) This was a valuable service and I'm grateful you performed it.
PeaceHeather chapter 23 . 1/13/2013
I appreciate you warning me that it was gonna get spooky. I've been on tenterhooks getting through this chapter, knowing that there are a couple more before it gets better for her.

As always, really well written, believable characters. None of them are omniscient, so Spike can't know yet what is going on. I imagine him being absolutely frantic with worry once things escalate.
881 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 .. Last Next »