Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
Illusera chapter 28 . 1/17/2013
Going through that poison would be a fitting threat wouldn't it? Especially since they don't have the cure for it (anymore). Travers has really done a job on brainwashing people. Of course, believing that Travers was wrong would mean that he was wrong to use the poison in the first place, which might be harder for him to deal with.
shadowcat802 chapter 28 . 1/17/2013
You know you got me thinking some deep thoughts here by bring up some very interesting moral thoughts in this chapter. On one hand you got Buffy who under NO circumstance would she cause a death in a human yet a mind f_. Is not beneath her. Just like majority of us. We could not kill someone but an emotional kill a lot of us don't think enough about to police ourselves and not hurt another. On the other hand you got Spike who would kill this guy in a second but polices himself enough to know when comes to emotions there are consequences to actions for those he cares about as well as himself. WoW human nature,eh?
Old saying opposites attract but nature in all her wonders seems to know what we need, not what we think we want. That is one of the many reasons why I really loved the show. Ok end of deeep thoughts and as always loved the chapter and looking forward to next one :o)
Touch The Dark chapter 28 . 1/17/2013
wow that was amazing. i think buffy is far scarier tha .spike
Neinka chapter 28 . 1/17/2013
Only two or three chaptes left? *sobs* But i am really glad it will be finished. Great unfinished stories are my nightmares :D
And of course we want an epilogue! :)

"Please tell me you did't just kill the evidence?" - HA! That was awesome line :D

Wow i don't even know what to tell you because I just enjoyed this chapter so much I will probably only tell you that i loved it because that's the whole truth :) So I LOVED IT !:)
Thank you for quick update!
LOVEisRealand4eva chapter 28 . 1/17/2013
Wow that was awesome. Buffy was so good and i was so afraid she was going to get the poison on her and go insane again. I love seeing how much spike cares for her. Your writing is incredible and i feel as if i am there.
Also thanks for the dedication i feel all happy now
kzal chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
The muse wants what the muse wants, and while I'm glad to hear there is more Unknown coming, I've enjoyed this very much as well. Take your time! Better to get it right.
N172Shay chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
I really liked this chapter. Short but sweet. Pretty intense as well. Good job.
CailinRua chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Fantastic chapter. I love seeing into Collins' mind as he tries to figure out what to believe, and Buffy and Spike playing Bad Cop/Bad Cop is awesome!
kerry220 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Chapters like this are what give your story so much more depth. Creepy and incredibly riveting. Buffy getting her Big Bad on!

Well done.
ValidescopeWest chapter 27 . 1/16/2013
Travers is a slick son of a gun. Even if he is trapped and found guilty, he still found some person to listen him. I don't know what's in that letter but it can't be good.

I love how Buffy, Joyce, Giles, Willow and Xander were all loving and reassuring to each other on the phone call. Easing a little bit of the qualms Buffy had about putting folks in danger and all. I'm glad she stood up to her mom when she wanted to "talk about this Spike guy." Maybe Buffy is finally secure enough not to let anyone try to shape her love life. I love how Willow hung up and was like she said she loves you etc etc. That was a straight up Willow support move and it was great. Now Joyce is going to grill Giles and Wesley, who knows how that convo will go.

Buffy was feeling so guilty that Spike used the Menfra's Eye to save her. But I'm glad she realized that he did it because he loves her and he didn't want her to die. I'm glad he understood that although Drusilla is crazy, she does have her moments of happiness. But Buffy was going to die and he had to make a choice. She understood about making choices. My heart ached a little when Buffy said I love you too and Spike was like still? She said of course and she wasn't going to stop loving him just because she was out of her mind. Another valid point between them.

I love the intimacy and even more realizations between them. It's just all so lovely.

Collins is a sadistic bastard, 3x the amount! He was ruthlessly trying to kill her. I know that's his job but jeez. I love how they waited out and confronted him...going to see what happens now!
KittenOfDoomage chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Love it love it love it XD so skillfully written, love the ole interrogation! I kinda don't want this fic to end!
Rosalea12 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Haha Buffy got bad and Spike got all worked up from watching. He's definitely got a keeper.

Yay Collins is gonna talk after sufficiently having the crap scared out of him!
PeaceHeather chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Brrr. And wow. Buffy has learned how to embrace the darkness while still being fundamentally good. The bravery it took to recount her experiences, while *using* them to terrify a hardened assassin into spilling his story, is such an amazing juxtaposition.

Short chapter, but an excellent read. Looking forward to more, as always.
The Three March Hares chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Well, though I'm slightly disappointed that a squirrel or knitting needles weren't utilized, I'm very glad he cracked without injury. Good Buffy. It must really suck for a hard nut like Collins to suddenly realize that your reality might not be as cozy clean cut as you'd think. I *sorta * hope that the Council goes light on him. Maybe his sentence can be to spend hours teaching Buffy to gear up!

Now lets talk gleeful shivering. Have you ever considered entertaining the idea of doing a "bad Buffy" fic just for shits and giggles? Come on, you know you want to see what happens if Buffy ever did let her bad self go. I beseech thee oh, goddess of fanfiction, oh, smither of words, great weaver of tales! Grant me just one wish! I shall rub thy verbal feet till Ragnarok! I shall bear thy shield and sword and SMITE! thine enemies who do not pay homage in reviews to thine glory!
Ehem...with a cherry on top?
cavemenftw chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Great chapter here.

You made Spike scary while actually being ineffective, and Buffy effective while not being particularly scary. I feel like it was the emotion she put into her whispers that got him.

Short review, but I feel like you had particular points you hit here, and they didn't so much need deconstruction as they did praise. Very well done.
930 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »