Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
ValidescopeWest chapter 27 . 1/16/2013
Travers is a slick son of a gun. Even if he is trapped and found guilty, he still found some person to listen him. I don't know what's in that letter but it can't be good.

I love how Buffy, Joyce, Giles, Willow and Xander were all loving and reassuring to each other on the phone call. Easing a little bit of the qualms Buffy had about putting folks in danger and all. I'm glad she stood up to her mom when she wanted to "talk about this Spike guy." Maybe Buffy is finally secure enough not to let anyone try to shape her love life. I love how Willow hung up and was like she said she loves you etc etc. That was a straight up Willow support move and it was great. Now Joyce is going to grill Giles and Wesley, who knows how that convo will go.

Buffy was feeling so guilty that Spike used the Menfra's Eye to save her. But I'm glad she realized that he did it because he loves her and he didn't want her to die. I'm glad he understood that although Drusilla is crazy, she does have her moments of happiness. But Buffy was going to die and he had to make a choice. She understood about making choices. My heart ached a little when Buffy said I love you too and Spike was like still? She said of course and she wasn't going to stop loving him just because she was out of her mind. Another valid point between them.

I love the intimacy and even more realizations between them. It's just all so lovely.

Collins is a sadistic bastard, 3x the amount! He was ruthlessly trying to kill her. I know that's his job but jeez. I love how they waited out and confronted him...going to see what happens now!
KittenOfDoomage chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Love it love it love it XD so skillfully written, love the ole interrogation! I kinda don't want this fic to end!
Rosalea12 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Haha Buffy got bad and Spike got all worked up from watching. He's definitely got a keeper.

Yay Collins is gonna talk after sufficiently having the crap scared out of him!
PeaceHeather chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Brrr. And wow. Buffy has learned how to embrace the darkness while still being fundamentally good. The bravery it took to recount her experiences, while *using* them to terrify a hardened assassin into spilling his story, is such an amazing juxtaposition.

Short chapter, but an excellent read. Looking forward to more, as always.
The Three March Hares chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Well, though I'm slightly disappointed that a squirrel or knitting needles weren't utilized, I'm very glad he cracked without injury. Good Buffy. It must really suck for a hard nut like Collins to suddenly realize that your reality might not be as cozy clean cut as you'd think. I *sorta * hope that the Council goes light on him. Maybe his sentence can be to spend hours teaching Buffy to gear up!

Now lets talk gleeful shivering. Have you ever considered entertaining the idea of doing a "bad Buffy" fic just for shits and giggles? Come on, you know you want to see what happens if Buffy ever did let her bad self go. I beseech thee oh, goddess of fanfiction, oh, smither of words, great weaver of tales! Grant me just one wish! I shall rub thy verbal feet till Ragnarok! I shall bear thy shield and sword and SMITE! thine enemies who do not pay homage in reviews to thine glory!
Ehem...with a cherry on top?
cavemenftw chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Great chapter here.

You made Spike scary while actually being ineffective, and Buffy effective while not being particularly scary. I feel like it was the emotion she put into her whispers that got him.

Short review, but I feel like you had particular points you hit here, and they didn't so much need deconstruction as they did praise. Very well done.
mike13z50 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Good update, sounds like we are nearing the end. I just re-read a bunch of your stories, all of which are a pleasure.
Rachel chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
YAY! I was starting to worry when I hadn't seen an update in awhile..glad youre still here! im so sad its almost over but I can tell its going to wrap beautifully. cant wait for the next one
Treadingthedark chapter 27 . 1/15/2013
This story is simply amazing! Every chapter has been a fantastic ride. My emotions going in all different directions and the anxiety during the last few!

This story has so much plot and so much heart, the lovemaking is beautiful and moving. Excellent excellent excellent! You kinda renewed my Spuffy heart!
ShyL chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
I have to admit that I am really glad they didn't do anything worse to Collins. I would have been disappointed had he been killed or "turned."

"Um. Disturbed and flattered. Um." Lol. :-)
Alottalove chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Love the good cop bad cop even if unintentional, cause it's who they reallly are. This fic really has come to life in so many ways. I will miss it when it ends.
ginar369 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Why do I have a feeling that Buffy will hate herself for what she just did? She doesn't like to cause pain and she just did. She tortured Collins mentally and she won't like herself for it. But maybe recounting helped her heal? Personally I liked Spike's idea the best. But I don't think Vamp Collins would make a witness the council would listen too. So I guess it's better they didn't go with Spike's plan. Hopefully Spike gets to beat up somebody?! :)
loverswalk89 chapter 28 . 1/16/2013
Yes! Collins is talk! Loved the good cop/bad cop thing you did with Spike & Buffy. Genius! Can't wait for the next chapter. It's gunna be awesome.
skeezixx chapter 27 . 1/15/2013
First, I want to say that I'm sorry you are injured and hope that you get well soon!

I'm so glad that this isn't the last chapter. I noticed you hadn't updated in awhile and after read chapter 26 I thought maybe this was the epilogue. I don't care if I have to wait awhile until you're recuperated, just happy that there will be more of this story!

I absolutely LOVE their conversation when Buffy finds out Spike used the eye, especially his little outburst. It's great to see them interact again now that she's well.

Think I'm going to love the next chapter! ;)

Sorry I couldn't write more, but I should have started dinner hours ago!
skeezixx chapter 26 . 1/15/2013
This is so Xander and it made me laugh: "Whoa- whoa. English person! Wes, Giles! English person on the phone. Don't hang up Mr. English person. Um."

Great job showing the trance-like state that Buffy is in when she leaves the cabin. I like that Spike knows her well enough to know that she must be thinking of killing herself. I also liked when he realizes that even though this started as a way to help Dru, the only thing that matters to him now is Buffy.

The cliff scene was very intense, like that they were both saving each other.

I'm not sure if you intended this, but the Willow/Xander/Giles/Wes segment when they're talking about showers etc., really stresses how distant they are from Buffy right now. Even though they've been up all night trying to help, Spike is the one that's really getting his hands dirty and working to save her.

Liked the parallel between him knocking Dru out and doing the same to Buffy. Actually, like all the parallels you've been making between the two situations and Spike's thoughts about it.

Whoa, I thought the cliff scene was intense, but even that doesn't compare to the one when Spike's on the phone with Giles as he's trying to stop Buffy from hurting herself. Love how Xander and Giles pick up on Spike's slips about how he feels about her and the intensity and desperation of his actions. Great writing here of Spike's thoughts and actions. The fact that he thought about turning her and his thoughts about how that worked out in the past was perfect. Loving the connections you're making between Buffy, Dru, and his mom. The descriptions of Spike talking to Giles while simultaneously restraining Buffy are great and add to the intensity of the scene.

Ha, I knew that Spike would somehow chose to use the eye for Buffy instead of Dru! ;) That didn't take away from how much I loved the ending of the chapter or how wrapped up in it I was. Such great chapter!
921 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »