Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
MaireAilbhe chapter 2 . 11/17/2012
Okay, this. THIS is why you are incomparably amazing. If I thought the first chapter was a brilliant twist, this one just blew that assessment away. Your characterization is so believable (as usual) that I feel like I'm watching this on television. Much, much love!
MaireAilbhe chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Ooh! Brilliant twist! :D
kzal chapter 14 . 11/17/2012
My take on the "Buffy dying won't call a new slayer" thing was just that Travers doesn't know that. And it doesn't really matter either; if he kills he and nothing happens, he can just easily off Faith as well.
Rosalea12 chapter 14 . 11/17/2012
Ah! Can't wait for the next chapter. Are they gonna "warm each other up"? And I still want to punch those Larkins!
Touch The Dark chapter 14 . 11/17/2012
Yet another fab chapter i like how this story is progressing
ammuna chapter 14 . 11/17/2012
Great chapter! I read it so fast I was through in no time. I was so excited to see whether they were going to get found out or not. All those leads being followed and suddenly so many things were happening as the other side had it's breakthroughs.

Love how you start this chapter. It's kind of sad but also sweet (which sounds like the priest in Gran Torino “Death is often a bittersweet occasion to us Catholics. Bitter in the pain. Sweet in the salvation” - Oh man, I really need to work on my reviewing skills :-).)

Well, count on Beth and Paul to screw it all up! OMG, that mouth of Beth's! She just can't stop. Really enjoyed her intuitive/nosy comment.

Stupid Angel!

Where do you get those ideas?! The way Spike helps her to adjust the TV - priceless!

So looking forward for the next chapter!
Alottalove chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
the feelings building up between these two are amazing and I can't wait to see them let go.
micmoc chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
Such exercise of restraint! Ha ha. I just love it when they can just let of go themselves with wild reckless abandon...nice!
Embers and Flame chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
Yet again another great chapter. Thanks. Sorry to hear that things are rough. Post when you can, short or long. Doesn't matter to me. I'm enjoying this story too much to complain. As if I would. Thanks again for taking the time to share your stories.
hbmckidd chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
I've never liked Angel. He is such an idiot. Now because of his slip, Travers wants to keep a closer tab on Giles. Thank goodness for friends and typos. I'm enjoying the slowly evolving Buffy/Spike relationship. Your doing a great job with this story and I hope what ever is going on in your "real life" works out ok. Thanks for writing and sharing.
ShyL chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
"This was the absolute best feeling in the world. Buffy sighed in her sleep, felt warmth touching her through the window's filtered sunlight, and felt coolness under her cheek. Spike responded to what he felt in his semi-hibernated state. Warmth. Life. Familiar aromas. Smirked a little in his sleep and held it closer."
...Ahhh this was so giving me the warm fuzzies...and then Squick! Angel and Dru strike again. Lol.

"I guess not. Or I would so flick the Angel switch into the off position." "Not me. I'd flip Dru's switch instead."
...YES! Yes...flip those switches off! In fact, don't stop there...Go out in the garage or down in the basement, find the circuit breaker box and just go ahead and flip the whole main breaker while you're at it! Please.

Loved the whole phone conversation with Joyce! So funny. "Have you- have you done a perimeter check?" Lol.

"I'm now a vegetarian. I can be a vegetarian. Pasta, pizza, veggies, bananas, salads, peanut butter, chocolate, eggs- oh no, that's unborn chickens...Oh no, does pasta have eggs in it? Flour, water-" Lol.

Loved the chasing and playing around in the woods at the end.

Very sorry that you are going through a rough patch.
The Three March Hares chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
Oooo...close one Angel-cakes. He really is a forehead. I do love how Travers was sputtering at Spear's news, but feel oddly sorry for Spears. Quentin's a dick and needs to be castrated. Quickly.

And I love the chasing in the forest. And anyone who makes a Twilight reference should go choke on some glitter. (Only fairies and barbie dolls sparkle!)
omslagspapper chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
uhu! the conspiracy is getting out of travers control! he's putting his head in his hands a lot! i hope he gets a mystical karma ulcer that can't be fixed by doctors!

poor xander getting the boot out of the basement!

are xander and giles really going to live together? LOL

that last bit was rather steamy except for how cold it was!
those flannel curtains will probably come in handy now
Rachel chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
great chapter! read your authors note about not being able to update as often [. very depressing but i do hope you're able to get another one up soon!
cavemenftw chapter 14 . 11/16/2012
Something that screamed "danger" and "enemy". Something that had been muted to simply "caution advised".

I like that description of The Slayer tinglies reacting to a familiar, but still demonic presence.

Petulant Buffy is always fun.

There was a sort of subdued haze settled over the first 1/2 or 3/4 of Buffys' parts of the chapter, sorta a dulled pensiveness that really worked well for me.

The plot was dense, but still very enjoyable in this chapter. Travers is starting to have trouble keeping all his balls in the air, and this specialist he's calling in seems like maybe too big a risk for such a hush hush, low key project.

Excellent job slowing things down over the last couple chapters. I feel like the slower more introspective tone is only going to help once the story ramps back up again.
929 | « Prev Page 1 .. 35 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 55 .. Last Next »