Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
cavemenftw chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
Sweet/sad. A 'Sweet' specialty.
You're confused shouldn't,almost-maybe, comfort sex scenes always deliver for me. It's the whole angsty loss of love thing that most of us have been through.(and embarrassingly enough, I think a high percentage of us sound even more angsty in our heads during those times.)
It's a little funny that its remembered...maybe if not fondly, then whimsically now.

That end chapter with the Bokor (is that what he would be, or is that his paramour.), though short, had me very engaged in the whole thing. Maybe it's just the flare of the exotic that that is also familiar(being in the world and all. Hoodoo or no Hoodoo.) that attracts me to this particular part, but attracted I be.

Great job and as usual waiting for more.
ammuna chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
Great chapter!

Love this sentence: Buffy took in three deep "psych yourself up" breaths and walked out resolutely, tangled emotions, wants, and voice crowding in her head and choking her throat.
I sooo know that feeling!

And this is soo Buffy: "I guess not." Buffy flushed. Why would they? Couples come here to be together. Well, maybe no couples, and maybe there's no 'together' outside of... What am I doing here? With him?

Saying something and then negating until realizing that she means the opposite entirely, hehe.

I love how both seem to unconsciously start "preparing" themselves for making out as soon as they enter the room. You're a genius!

Love the slow, awkward, chewy, sweet, sexy development and how they are together.

Please don't let the get interrupted during sex!
ShyL chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
"This isn't love. This isn't even like."
"It could never be making love."
"The only time you'll get it is when I'm sad."
...Ugh, these lines killed me. If this is how Buffy is thinking and feeling, I don't want them together yet. I'm just old fashioned that way, I guess.

"Then I guess I won't get it."
"The big man says- this isn't right. Yet."
...Good for Spike. I couldn't agree more.

"Maybe we shouldn't think about the others."
...Yes, please stop thinking about the others...and quit talking about them, too! Ugh. Lol.

The voodoo guy scares me. Can't wait to see what happens next.
ginar369 chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
They are killing me with the foreplay! I just love it when they start comparing Dru and Angel and those two come up short. I can't even feel sorry for Dru, Spike always makes excuses for her but she knew what she was doing. And well I hate Angel and Buffy together so anything that makes Buffy see Angel clearly is fine by me!

Crap someone is on their tail faster than I thought. Hopefully they can take him out. But then does that leave a vengeful 'Queen' back in New Orleans? Cause they really don't need anymore people coming after them!
ValidescopeWest chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
All her realizations about things not being mutual with Angel and how her and Spike clicked and had each others backs. I'm glad she figured that out. I especially liked how she knew Spike wouldn't hurt her. The intimacy was incredible cause they really just seemed to sink into it. I loved how Spike refused to have sex with her while she was sad.
Now that loa/cheval dude worries me a little. Also those council fools trying to track them down. What's going to happen next?
Touch The Dark chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
That was amazing! Lived the tension between buffy and spike keep it going
omslagspapper chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
ooer, sorry voodoo-sir, you're not invited to this no pants party spike & buffy are havink!
!

lol
The Three March Hares chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
You're a real tease when you want to be, you know that? Damn that was some of your hottest work! But you had to stop it there? I was about to spontaneously combust! And then you had to go and reintroduce the real world in again which will probably interrupt our boy and girl and we'll have a big ol' fight scene. Well, it's better be a good fight, cuz Spike might be more than unhappy with unspent (snort) energy. Ok I'm ranting now, I'll shutup. Good chapter!
Rosalea12 chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
Interesting! And this Creole guy is freaking me out!
Alottalove chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
yummy that was some very hot, erotically charged pre sexing. can't wait for more.
Embers and Flame chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
Wow. Perfect scene between Buffy and Spike. I can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/10/2012
OMG the suspense is killing me! Can't wait for the next update to come online! It's going to get romantic soon, isn't it? So far I love this story! I've laughed a lot - there a so many funny passages. The characters and dialogues are really well done! Especially between the Scoobies. I like that the story suggests that Travers might have become a little crazy and I like that he's not acting on behalf on the Counsel. In the TV show, as stiff, strict and heartless as Travers sometimes was, he wasn't an evil muderer - and neither was the Counsel. But I'm still wondering if there are other ulterior motives behind his plan in this story. I'm really impressed with all the plots you have going on and am looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I really enjoyed the nosy Larkins :-) Looking forward to seeing how Buffy and Spike get closer after having become almost-friends. I mean, Buffy must still uphold the notion that she finds Spike disgusting and I can't see Spike cheating on Dru. Can't stress enough how much your song choice rocks! Love this song (people are strange) and it fits! Can't wait to read more! Thanks and have fun writing!
Rachel chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
loved it! such a great chapter. loved seeing spike and buffy getting closer. i wish shed stop telling herself how wrong it is though! for the love of god its spike, how can she not jump him in a heatbeat. haha. cant wait for the next one ]
LunaML chapter 11 . 11/10/2012
Awesome story! Very well written.
jewel74 chapter 11 . 11/9/2012
Very exciting chapter in general.
Just when he is about to fall into a pit of misery she comes in asking silly questions and manages to change his mood with unyielding persistence. Does that make them best friends? Well.. it depends.
Finally,the hiding place of our heroes is uncovered by Travers. On the other hand, the anti-conspirators are not sitting idle either.
I loved Spike's idea of hiding place, a cabin in the woods. Reminds me of the latest Joss Whedon movie. But I am sure your version will be a lot more romantic ;)
As a last word, I am glad you keep reminding us of those rock groups long lost but never gone from memory; the Doors, the Clash.. Some songs are really fitting for B&S, like he wants to lay her down on a bed of roses right now.
Also, the shish kebab reference is not lost on me either, since it is considered a national food, kind of hard to miss.
Thank you thank you for everything you write, for every moment of joy you make us feel.
930 | « Prev Page 1 .. 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 .. Last Next »