Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
skeezixx chapter 12 . 11/12/2012
Don't I wish that I had Spike around when checking into a hotel so I get get the best rooms! Well, and maybe for a few other reasons as well . . . ;) Is Spike a cop!? Lol!

Liked the image of Spike's shaking hands as he lights his cigarette. You are so good at conveying sexual tension in your stories, which is something many fan fic writers aren't always able to do. I like how you can show the UST between your characters (instead of just telling us that they are supposed to be feeling it) to the point of making the reader feel it along with them.

Wow, I wasn't expecting Spike to tell her that he got that coat off a slayer, especially when he wants to get into Buffy's pants! Not surprising though, as he wouldn't really see anything wrong with what he did, and I'm glad that he's still 100% honest with her even in that situation.

I like the contrasts in this chapter. The gentleness of their kisses and the almost innocence of their interaction is the exact opposite of the kind of sex that would normally happen in that room. Also, Buffy thinks of Spike as a "murdering demon", and Spike enjoys Buffy's warmth because "he never got to hold humans for more than a second or two before they were limp and turning cold." These reminders of what he is/has done is a direct contrast to the way he is with her in that moment.

There is something so beautiful in the way they came together in this chapter, and I like the way you conveyed their closeness, and how meaningful their actions are, even though neither of them see it that way yet. I like how relaxed and simple it is, in the sense that they are just passing the time, exploring each other, playing with each other, reaching out to each other with no strings attached. They stop themselves from completing the final act (loved how they found themselves inevitably moving towards it before Spike said he wasn't ready) but what they did do shows more of an emotional connection than if they had just fell into bed together and had passionate sex. One night only. Yeah, we'll see how that works out for them, huh? ;)

I was glad that their banter continued throughout the night with Spike even going as far as to ask "How the bloody fuck did you and I end up in the same bed?" Neither of them are going to fall easily.

Grrr, I'm banging my head against my desk right now after reading about how Loas found the phone book with the imprint of the directions Spike wrote down!

Can't wait to see how this night that they are not supposed to mention ever again will change their relationship and they way they interact with each other.
jewel74 chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
I did not see that coming. Not that I am complaining :) Maybe I thought they would first kiss, hold hands, etc.. but that would be rated T, silly me, M rating is for a special reason. And after 12 chapters of wonderful build up, it is just natural.. no, it was just magical regardless of their circumstances.
It is hard to wait for what is coming next, with the growing tension and the cliffhanger in the end..
Blade Redwind chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
Sorry it took me a little longer than usual to review. I had to hit the hay last night once I was done reading this! Stayed up most of the night working on my own stuff. -wipes brow- Anyway, loved the sex in this chapter. It was really... it wasn't calculated or figured out. They were both a bit of a mess. That's a little different, even for you. It was cute ad at the same time I'm happy it wasn't in the heat of the moment; they knew what they were doing when they do it. Comparing it to chess and watching the Spanish channel was funny and made me laugh. I'm digging it. Can't wait for more.
cavemenftw chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
Sweet/sad. A 'Sweet' specialty.
You're confused shouldn't,almost-maybe, comfort sex scenes always deliver for me. It's the whole angsty loss of love thing that most of us have been through.(and embarrassingly enough, I think a high percentage of us sound even more angsty in our heads during those times.)
It's a little funny that its remembered...maybe if not fondly, then whimsically now.

That end chapter with the Bokor (is that what he would be, or is that his paramour.), though short, had me very engaged in the whole thing. Maybe it's just the flare of the exotic that that is also familiar(being in the world and all. Hoodoo or no Hoodoo.) that attracts me to this particular part, but attracted I be.

Great job and as usual waiting for more.
ammuna chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
Great chapter!

Love this sentence: Buffy took in three deep "psych yourself up" breaths and walked out resolutely, tangled emotions, wants, and voice crowding in her head and choking her throat.
I sooo know that feeling!

And this is soo Buffy: "I guess not." Buffy flushed. Why would they? Couples come here to be together. Well, maybe no couples, and maybe there's no 'together' outside of... What am I doing here? With him?

Saying something and then negating until realizing that she means the opposite entirely, hehe.

I love how both seem to unconsciously start "preparing" themselves for making out as soon as they enter the room. You're a genius!

Love the slow, awkward, chewy, sweet, sexy development and how they are together.

Please don't let the get interrupted during sex!
ShyL chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
"This isn't love. This isn't even like."
"It could never be making love."
"The only time you'll get it is when I'm sad."
...Ugh, these lines killed me. If this is how Buffy is thinking and feeling, I don't want them together yet. I'm just old fashioned that way, I guess.

"Then I guess I won't get it."
"The big man says- this isn't right. Yet."
...Good for Spike. I couldn't agree more.

"Maybe we shouldn't think about the others."
...Yes, please stop thinking about the others...and quit talking about them, too! Ugh. Lol.

The voodoo guy scares me. Can't wait to see what happens next.
ginar369 chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
They are killing me with the foreplay! I just love it when they start comparing Dru and Angel and those two come up short. I can't even feel sorry for Dru, Spike always makes excuses for her but she knew what she was doing. And well I hate Angel and Buffy together so anything that makes Buffy see Angel clearly is fine by me!

Crap someone is on their tail faster than I thought. Hopefully they can take him out. But then does that leave a vengeful 'Queen' back in New Orleans? Cause they really don't need anymore people coming after them!
ValidescopeWest chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
All her realizations about things not being mutual with Angel and how her and Spike clicked and had each others backs. I'm glad she figured that out. I especially liked how she knew Spike wouldn't hurt her. The intimacy was incredible cause they really just seemed to sink into it. I loved how Spike refused to have sex with her while she was sad.
Now that loa/cheval dude worries me a little. Also those council fools trying to track them down. What's going to happen next?
Touch The Dark chapter 12 . 11/11/2012
That was amazing! Lived the tension between buffy and spike keep it going
omslagspapper chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
ooer, sorry voodoo-sir, you're not invited to this no pants party spike & buffy are havink!
!

lol
The Three March Hares chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
You're a real tease when you want to be, you know that? Damn that was some of your hottest work! But you had to stop it there? I was about to spontaneously combust! And then you had to go and reintroduce the real world in again which will probably interrupt our boy and girl and we'll have a big ol' fight scene. Well, it's better be a good fight, cuz Spike might be more than unhappy with unspent (snort) energy. Ok I'm ranting now, I'll shutup. Good chapter!
Rosalea12 chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
Interesting! And this Creole guy is freaking me out!
Alottalove chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
yummy that was some very hot, erotically charged pre sexing. can't wait for more.
Embers and Flame chapter 12 . 11/10/2012
Wow. Perfect scene between Buffy and Spike. I can't wait for the next chapter. Thanks.
Guest chapter 11 . 11/10/2012
OMG the suspense is killing me! Can't wait for the next update to come online! It's going to get romantic soon, isn't it? So far I love this story! I've laughed a lot - there a so many funny passages. The characters and dialogues are really well done! Especially between the Scoobies. I like that the story suggests that Travers might have become a little crazy and I like that he's not acting on behalf on the Counsel. In the TV show, as stiff, strict and heartless as Travers sometimes was, he wasn't an evil muderer - and neither was the Counsel. But I'm still wondering if there are other ulterior motives behind his plan in this story. I'm really impressed with all the plots you have going on and am looking forward to seeing how they turn out. I really enjoyed the nosy Larkins :-) Looking forward to seeing how Buffy and Spike get closer after having become almost-friends. I mean, Buffy must still uphold the notion that she finds Spike disgusting and I can't see Spike cheating on Dru. Can't stress enough how much your song choice rocks! Love this song (people are strange) and it fits! Can't wait to read more! Thanks and have fun writing!
933 | « Prev Page 1 .. 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 .. Last Next »