Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
The Three March Hares chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Lovely chapter. Lawless Chess - love it! Gonna play that when my older cousen corners me on Thanksgiving and forces the game on me. Wonder how he'll take Spike's tunnelling move?
skeezixx chapter 9 . 11/5/2012
Okay, I'm a complete idiot. I somehow skipped chapter nine and went straight to chapter ten this morning. Good news is that I now have something fun to read on my lunch break!

Loved hearing Giles take his frustration out on Travers, to the point that Travers wasn't even sure how to react and couldn't get a word in! Joyce's reaction was even better!

Yay, I knew you'd find some reason that Giles wouldn't be able to stay with Spuffy!

Like the sexual innuendo Spike has started to throw into the conversation. And how sweet was it that he stole nail polish and chocolate for her!

My favorite part of this chapter was the section when Spike told Buffy that she needs to learn to accept her Slayer side and work with it instead of against it. Not only is he helping her with this, but he's doing it for himself as well. I really liked this line from Spike's thoughts: It drove him mad, that sitting on the line of knowing she was everything he wanted in adversary- and so much of what he wanted in a friend.
And this line from Buffy's: Because the more I get to know him, he doesn't seem to have a human part or a demon part, or a cover or a secret. He just seems like himself. And God I would love to just be myself and not have to worry about hiding or controlling or secrets...

LOVED their discussion about love and the reasons their partners had for leaving, etc. Liked that Buffy was able to get close to the real reason why Dru left Spike this time, and I was pleasantly surprised when he actually admitted that Dru wasn't in love with him. He's allowing himself to be pretty vulnerable around her.

It's so fun seeing them now that they've settled into a routine together.
omslagspapper chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
i loled so hard for like 15 minutes during the laundry thing and then the larkins thinking buffy was up the duff omg. brilliant.

1 laugh track audience for your zoo. lol
skeezixx chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Another great chapter! For some reason the jokes about the Spanish channel and soap operas get me every time. Maybe it's because my husband and I sometimes watch them when there's nothing else on, using our limited knowledge of Spanish to try and figure out the plot, or make it up as we go along.

I thought the following exchange when they were playing chess was hilarious!
"You're killing all my little pawny people!"
"They're expendable!"
"Tell that to their families!"
"They're wood!"
"Well...die Black Bishop!" Buffy scooted her knight to jump over top of him."King me!"
"You can't do that, they move in an L-shape, I've told you a million times! This hour."
"Not this horse! This horse has little pawn friends on the front lines. He's bustin' some moves."

I was a bit confused at first about what they were doing later on, but then realized that they ended up making their own games out of it. Perfect analogy for how they'll be making their own rules up in their relationship.

This chapter made the changes in their relationship very clear. Spike was actually able to make an offhand comment about eating a scalper without Buffy jumping down his throat, they flirted with each other, and they discussed the possibility of vampires maintaining some of their human qualities.

The laundry scene was so funny, and I enjoyed the way you alternated between each of their thoughts/sentences. It really added to the whole comedy and chaos of what was going on. I like they way it ended on a bit of a serious note with Spike's comment about how he's trying to live as normally as possible for her.

I agree with Spike. I hate the Larkins too and I wish he could just eat them. Or at least just the wife. Maybe he could at least just daydream about it so we could live out this fantasy? lol! Geoff finding out that "Giles" and his pregnant wife are staying at his place can only lead to bad things!

Oooh, the sexual tension is starting! ;)
Guest chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
I am so loving this story! I get excited when I get an email showing an update has been made, I am hooked.
jackiemack916 chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Rachel chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
great chapter! thinks with buffy and spike are getting interesting. but damn those nosey neighbors! lol
Embers and Flame chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Another awesome chapter. I'm looking forward to Giles' friend coming home. I wonder how that's going to work out. Thanks again.
ShyL chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Ugh...Those pesky Larkins! Is it wrong that I just want Paul to smack Beth upside the head? And a big "Uh oh" because Geoff just refered to l his house guest as "Rupert Giles." Giles Johnson...Rupert Giles...Not good.
Rosalea12 chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Every time the Larkins told Geoff something new I screamed "Oh shit, he's gonna figure it out!" The pregnancy thing is hilarious. And oh my goodness they're starting to he friends...or possibly more. (I totally did that in Wes's voice from the scene in Fredless btw) can't wait for more!
cavemenftw chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
"Rocking horse and... check mate?"

"Rupert Giles! You sneaky, tweedy dark horse!

To great lines for me.

Your banter has been top notch all throughout this fic. Buffy and Spike are in top form. And the reoccurring bits. The Spanish soap operas with the dictionary, Lawless Chess which seems to resemble a soap opera an "I hate the Larkins." there is just a ton of great reoccurring stuff here.

This chapter flew by for me. It was nothing but fun, almost day to day stuff and I was sorry when It had to end. As usual, I cannot wait for more.
ValidescopeWest chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
And the bread crumbs keep dropping. That Beth neighbor is going to get them found out.
jewel74 chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
The ending was very very beautiful.
To want something but to be unable to decide whether to act upon it or not. I think this is the dilemma that we all face at some point of our lives.
I am glad Spike understands that acting upon an "urge" immediately would not be such a good idea, even if desired by both parties. Because when you decide to cross the thin line between friendship and love, you need to have a really good justification to hold onto. Otherwise, the friendship will be ruined forever.
Alottalove chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Again another great chapter. Their casual banter is always a fav of mine. Laughed so hard at the laundry incident. The whole "stay up there, I'm not coming down" then both rushing to see whats up, was perfect.
Blade Redwind chapter 10 . 11/4/2012
Really good ending here. I like how he compared himself to Buffy without doing it directly. He acknowledged that he wouldn't be able to do it half way with her. Because she wouldn't want it that way. Very cool. Best part of the whole chapter.
924 | « Prev Page 1 .. 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 .. Last Next »