Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
cavemenftw chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
Mephistopheles looked up at his brown sugar beauty, with her kitty cat eyes and those honey sweet lips, and honey sweet hips, hair all cascading down from her priestess' crown of bones.
(I heard the musical opening from the song "The way I Walk" by the cramps during this scene.). I guess that's non-story related divergence, but I loved it.

"See Slayer punch Spike in the mouth, See Spike cry!"

My favorite line of the chapter.

Huge huge chapter, I dug it ,but it's hard to review, so dug it is gonna have to do ya.

Or, I could say Sweet posting such a long chapter makes me happier than popcorn that pops just from the heat of your mouth, but that doesn't exist(yet) so I'm not certain it's a valid compliment. Ta.
Clara Raye chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
Great chapter! Too bad we can't just get rid of Travers and have Spike and Buffy caught in a storm in the cozy little cabin they are heading for ;)
ginar369 chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
First off I love the Doors!

Crap! Just when things were getting interesting between them! Damn nosy neighbors! Here Spike was thinking that Dru might not be the girl for him and this had to happen. Buffy was starting to see him in a different light too! But now they'll be in an isolated cabin far from anyone. Could be interesting. :D

They still don't have enough to go to the rest of the council with. Until there is actually an attack Travers can play it off as just angry ranting. The weather is slowing the bad guys down and the good guys got a jump on escaping. Although that guy in the bayou has an advantage with his 'seer'. He has to know Travers is going to double cross him. So maybe he won't go after her?
Sirius120 chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Loving the interpersonal dynamics that come with being housebound. It's hilarious that they're both horny devils, yet staunchly denying their attraction. It will be interesting to see who finally makes the first move. The nosy neighbors may cause problems in the long run; I wonder how much Geoff's curiosity will be piqued, as well as what that will mean for Buffy's safety.
Sirius120 chapter 9 . 11/5/2012
I like that it's getting serious. Light-hearted humor is good, don't get me wrong, and I think the plot is developing perfectly on pace. I just think the serious topics are coming up in just the right way, at just the right times. I like that everyone is expected to play a part in the deception against the Council-the Scoobies, Wesley, Joyce, even Buffy and Spike have to play pretend with the neighbors. And it's good to see Giles and Wesley quietly fostering a mutiny from within.
The Three March Hares chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Lovely chapter. Lawless Chess - love it! Gonna play that when my older cousen corners me on Thanksgiving and forces the game on me. Wonder how he'll take Spike's tunnelling move?
skeezixx chapter 9 . 11/5/2012
Okay, I'm a complete idiot. I somehow skipped chapter nine and went straight to chapter ten this morning. Good news is that I now have something fun to read on my lunch break!

Loved hearing Giles take his frustration out on Travers, to the point that Travers wasn't even sure how to react and couldn't get a word in! Joyce's reaction was even better!

Yay, I knew you'd find some reason that Giles wouldn't be able to stay with Spuffy!

Like the sexual innuendo Spike has started to throw into the conversation. And how sweet was it that he stole nail polish and chocolate for her!

My favorite part of this chapter was the section when Spike told Buffy that she needs to learn to accept her Slayer side and work with it instead of against it. Not only is he helping her with this, but he's doing it for himself as well. I really liked this line from Spike's thoughts: It drove him mad, that sitting on the line of knowing she was everything he wanted in adversary- and so much of what he wanted in a friend.
And this line from Buffy's: Because the more I get to know him, he doesn't seem to have a human part or a demon part, or a cover or a secret. He just seems like himself. And God I would love to just be myself and not have to worry about hiding or controlling or secrets...

LOVED their discussion about love and the reasons their partners had for leaving, etc. Liked that Buffy was able to get close to the real reason why Dru left Spike this time, and I was pleasantly surprised when he actually admitted that Dru wasn't in love with him. He's allowing himself to be pretty vulnerable around her.

It's so fun seeing them now that they've settled into a routine together.
omslagspapper chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
i loled so hard for like 15 minutes during the laundry thing and then the larkins thinking buffy was up the duff omg. brilliant.

1 laugh track audience for your zoo. lol
skeezixx chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Another great chapter! For some reason the jokes about the Spanish channel and soap operas get me every time. Maybe it's because my husband and I sometimes watch them when there's nothing else on, using our limited knowledge of Spanish to try and figure out the plot, or make it up as we go along.

I thought the following exchange when they were playing chess was hilarious!
"You're killing all my little pawny people!"
"They're expendable!"
"Tell that to their families!"
"They're wood!"
"Well...die Black Bishop!" Buffy scooted her knight to jump over top of him."King me!"
"You can't do that, they move in an L-shape, I've told you a million times! This hour."
"Not this horse! This horse has little pawn friends on the front lines. He's bustin' some moves."

I was a bit confused at first about what they were doing later on, but then realized that they ended up making their own games out of it. Perfect analogy for how they'll be making their own rules up in their relationship.

This chapter made the changes in their relationship very clear. Spike was actually able to make an offhand comment about eating a scalper without Buffy jumping down his throat, they flirted with each other, and they discussed the possibility of vampires maintaining some of their human qualities.

The laundry scene was so funny, and I enjoyed the way you alternated between each of their thoughts/sentences. It really added to the whole comedy and chaos of what was going on. I like they way it ended on a bit of a serious note with Spike's comment about how he's trying to live as normally as possible for her.

I agree with Spike. I hate the Larkins too and I wish he could just eat them. Or at least just the wife. Maybe he could at least just daydream about it so we could live out this fantasy? lol! Geoff finding out that "Giles" and his pregnant wife are staying at his place can only lead to bad things!

Oooh, the sexual tension is starting! ;)
Guest chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
I am so loving this story! I get excited when I get an email showing an update has been made, I am hooked.
jackiemack916 chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Bravo!
Rachel chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
great chapter! thinks with buffy and spike are getting interesting. but damn those nosey neighbors! lol
Embers and Flame chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Another awesome chapter. I'm looking forward to Giles' friend coming home. I wonder how that's going to work out. Thanks again.
ShyL chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Ugh...Those pesky Larkins! Is it wrong that I just want Paul to smack Beth upside the head? And a big "Uh oh" because Geoff just refered to l his house guest as "Rupert Giles." Giles Johnson...Rupert Giles...Not good.
Rosalea12 chapter 10 . 11/5/2012
Every time the Larkins told Geoff something new I screamed "Oh shit, he's gonna figure it out!" The pregnancy thing is hilarious. And oh my goodness they're starting to he friends...or possibly more. (I totally did that in Wes's voice from the scene in Fredless btw) can't wait for more!
929 | « Prev Page 1 .. 40 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 60 .. Last Next »