Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
haleycc chapter 2 . 11/2/2012
At first, I thought that there was no way that Angel would miss the chance to be Buffy's protector, because it's a role he so loves to play. But the scene with Giles and Angel was just perfect, and it played on two of Angel's worst qualities-his own perceived weakness and his idea that he always knows what is best for Buffy. Although I was extremely irritated with Angel, I also found it completely believable, by the scene's end, that he would refuse to help her.

The main question I have so far is that I was always under the impression that after Buffy's death in Season One, the Slayer line followed Faith, and only Faith. Which would mean that killing Buffy would not call forth another Slayer. As head of the Watcher's Council, that seems like something Quentin Travers would be well aware of (on a side note, I always wondered myself why the Council didn't eliminate Faith while she was in a coma or incarcerated, in order to have an active Slayer under Council control again...but I digress). But maybe Travers is just wrong and that's all part of the plot, or maybe it's something that is addressed in later chapters. Or maybe canon is bending a bit for the sake of the story-which is also okay. Either way, I can't wait to find out! :)

And LOVING bad, scary Spike and his undeniable respect for Buffy, his nemesis. I'm also extremely curious as to how the Menfra's Eye would actually affect Dru, because I suspect it wouldn't turn out quite the way Spike hopes it will.

Excited to see what comes next!
Rachel chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
loved this chapter so much. im glad spike and buffy are finally getting along and starting to get close! ] cannot wait for the next one, please please please make it soon!
jackiemack916 chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
I could picture the memorial so easily. And I loved how Seeker actually had a bit of personality, not just some glowing ball of light. Great chapter.
haleycc chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Ooh, exciting premise! Can't wait to see where it goes!
skeezixx chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
You managed to make the memorial service beautiful, funny, chaotic, and sad all at the same time. It's too bad that Buffy couldn't have seen it, as it would have meant a lot to her. Laughed at Willow's comment about how they couldn't tape it cuz it would be ghoulish! lol!

It's totally creepy that the magic Willet's did took the form of a hound that's going to hunt Buffy down, but even creepier when it started changing shape. Good thing Spike's been getting practice with killing animals!
I was surprised how quickly the seeker found her, but I'm glad that you wrote it this way as it was the perfect time to add something like this to the Spuffy scenes.

One of the reasons why I really love this story is that it makes me laugh, something which most stories, even if they are supposed to be funny, don't do. The popover scene was too cute, and Buffy trying to translate Spanish soap operas and thinking that throwing the book shook the house was hilarious! Really loved Spike and Buffy trying to translate the show together later on. ;)

I like how fiercely Spike fights to protect Buffy (loved when he covered her and told the hound that she was his), even though at this point he's doing it mainly for Dru (or at least believes he is). Also liked how they discussed the way he fought later on and the way they both just have an innate understanding of each other. Nice that Buffy can see the lengths Spike will go to when he's fighting for someone.

What a beautiful ending to the chapter! Glad that you're taking it slow with their relationship as it's more realistic this way and watching them come together is just as fun as watching them as a couple!
cavemenftw chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
"I know- but I got this one touched up and airbrushed. It really smoothed her complexion and tamed that 'I slay' hairstyle. You don't have to thank me. It's the least I could do."

Ahhh, Cordy. Excellent line.

"You were Head Boy, you arranged the christmas concert every year."

Such a sad, sad, yet amazing statement.

The carnival like air to the place, I could so see this actually happening on the actual show.

"just a few."

This Line made me happy-sad. (The lines leading up to it gave it it's emotional pull, but it was those three words that got me.)

"Arh! Emile, you're killing me! Speak slower!" "I'm sorry I threw you." and "I threw a book!" Great little sequence there. Funny.

I really have to compliment you on this chapter. There's all kinds of tention, and what should have been sadness as well as the touchy feelies, but the whole thing(so far) is just so light and fun. Your kinda rapid firing one liners here. It feels kinda like a fun 80's buddy comedy of some kind. I am only slightly more than half way through, but I do not want to fill up a page here so I am going to cut myself off. Just congrats on the chapter. The whole thing (so far) was so tangible? Visceral?, Evocative? One of those words work. Maybe some kind of amalgam of the three.

Anyway I'm gonna finish the chapter and I cannot wait for More. TY.
Sirius120 chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
Hmm... Lots of angst in this one. Very interesting concept of not only the Seeker, but also how to avoid it. Love seeing Spike's protectiveness and his underlying pain at Buffy's assumptions about him. This should help move things along and bring down the walls between them, right?
ginar369 chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
I loved this chapter! I wonder if Spike realizes he is trying to convince himself that all of this is still for Dru. Cause that whole MINE thing was telling. Buffy was wigging out Spike with the nice treatment. It made me laugh. Joyce is starting to get a clue about Buffy's other life. All those people showed up for her daughter. It shows just how important Buffy is to the world and I don't think Joyce understood that before. The end of this chapter was great, Spike giving Buffy a shoulder to cry on.
ginar369 chapter 7 . 11/1/2012
It's a little different to stand in the library and punch Giles' hands than to spar with Spike! Willow and Buffy in panic mode are too funny. Buffy needs to learn you can't save everyone. She did her best and tons of people that wouldn't have been saved were. She needs to be able to see it as the victory it was and not look for the failure.

Spike really is a better liar than her. At least he is quicker on his feet with them than she is. I could just picture her with a deer in the headlights look!

So Buffy is seeing the soft underbelly of Spike huh? He can be a fluffy kitten under the angry lion face.
ValidescopeWest chapter 8 . 11/1/2012
I absolutely love this slow and nuanced lead up to Spuffy. They are learning so much about each other. I also think it compares what they think they have with Angel/Dru and what could be real with another person. Baby steps, baby steps.
Embers and Flame chapter 8 . 10/31/2012
Awesome chapter. And another step closer. Thanks.
touchthedark chapter 8 . 10/31/2012
Anoyher amazibg chapter i loved the seeker! Spike comforting buffy also was very good im sorting my password out asap
Seapea chapter 8 . 10/31/2012
I'm truly loving Giles and Wesley here. And that was a sweet ending for the chapter.
Blade Redwind chapter 8 . 10/31/2012
It's jumpy in a good way. One moment I think I have them figured out and the next it's balls to the wall. Loved the last two chapters. Keep it up, Sweet.
Sirius120 chapter 7 . 10/31/2012
Oh, this chapter is so melancholy... Touching, but depressing. I guess that's where they have to go, though, in order to let down their guard enough to reveal their true selves, right? The neighbors' visit was some good comedic relief. Now I'm hoping they drop by more often!
931 | « Prev Page 1 .. 43 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 .. Last Next »