Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
skeezixx chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
I have never laughed so hard while reading a Spuffy story as I did during this chapter. Some of my favorite parts were when Spike and Buffy were in the car and she took the wrong exit and he asked her if she had a stake, and when Spike came back from hunting a deer and Buffy thought he had been attacked by demons! LOL! You have a talent for writing great dialogue between these two characters.

I also really liked the following exchanges.

"Alright. Do you know what's wrong with this picture?"
"The two of us bein' in a stolen Buick, in Portland?"
"Yes. I mean, no, not just that. Whenever we worked together, we always had a deal."
"We do. You don't die, I get the Eye. Simple."
"And it rhymes." Buffy tossed on cheekily.

This one isn't funny (although her comment about the painter guy was), but I like how it puts the two of them in the same category.

"Yes! Totally paid attention during the 20th century art chapter." Buffy congratulated herself. Spike snorted. "This is really nice."
"I know."
"I don't think we belong here."
"I know." He agreed.

I can't believe that Giles didn't think about Spike needing to be invited into the home! I didn't see that coming at all.

Happy that Spike's subconscious comparisons of Dru and Buffy have already begun.
micmoc chapter 6 . 10/29/2012
I wonder who would have the first stirrings of lustful feelings ha ha... Though buffy seems to be slowly noticing the stark contrast between spike and angel when it comes to the way they love...i just love the way you play that !Nice!
ValidescopeWest chapter 6 . 10/29/2012
And the finding of common interests is the first step. I love these moments.
omslagspapper chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
teehee

i literally teehee'd outloud when giles made them make that list
cavemenftw chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
"Do anything for the person we love. Always find a way."

Those characters to a tee.

"Yes, I'm half 'people' after all."
That line tickled me.

Excellent chapter though I am really not 100 percent on why I enjoyed it so much. Funny,(with the tattling) sad,(with the Kendalls') and the first budding of tolerance and a little growth between our heroes.

Also, I get why not, but who could possibly be trusted if not Oz, and I'm not sure If I have mentioned it before, but you Wesley is particularly good for this stage in his characters development. (who would have ever thought after seeing him in season three Wes could become as awewome as he did.
Sirius120 chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
Ooh, I love this chapter! Spike and Buffy are too funny when they're being whiny children. Giles' solution is priceless-a brilliant scheme to get them to discover their similarities. Who would've thought they would bond over a common attempt to murder a slayer? Now they'll spend some quality time sparring, and we all know where that will eventually lead. Also, great scene with Wesley and Giles, hilarious banter and heartbreaking reality a breath apart.
The Three March Hares chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
Ok, I just googled Bovril, and I got to say that Brittish food sucks. Ewww.

I can't wait to see their sparring session. I'm sure absurdities will ensue.
Blade Redwind chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
What you did in living conditions is really reflective here. I love that same sense of camaraderie. It's fun to read, especially the bits with Giles. I felt sorry for him getting all those calls. Knowing you, they've got to have a moment coming the chapter next or after. I can't wait.
jackiemack916 chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
Yeah, so excited to read two chapters in one day. And another great one!
jackiemack916 chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
That was so hilarious! After the emotions from the last chapter, this was a very fun lift.
Embers and Flame chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
I've gotta say that Giles making them do the list was genius. Although I doubt that it will make them instant friends I think it will help them view each other as individuals. Not just by their titles- slayer and vampire. Thank you for sharing so frequently.
ginar369 chapter 6 . 10/28/2012
I was laughing out loud! Giles really knows how to get to them doesn't he! Threaten the clothes and the eye. The list was the funniest thing ever. The two of them fighting and tattling to Giles was priceless. Reminded me of my kids when they were little.

I know they don't see it yet, the fire that they have? Buffy didn't have that with Angel and Spike really didn't have that with Dru. That passion is important and when it finally bursts free I just hope it happens somewhere other than the house. Cause I don't think the house would survive!
cavemenftw chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
OK, so stage set, along with a few chuckles.

I am feeling concise at the moment.
hbmckidd chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Love the humor...only Spike would get beating up by a deer!
Rachel chapter 5 . 10/27/2012
Can I just say I love how awesome you are about updating?! It's fabulous to have an author with a great story who doesn't leave me hanging. ] Can't wait for the next one.
930 | « Prev Page 1 .. 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 .. Last Next »