Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
zanthinegirl chapter 24 . 2/25/2013
I'm pretty sure I see how that "eye of sanity" thingy is going to be used. Great Crazy though!
zanthinegirl chapter 19 . 2/25/2013
Very nice balance of the various plot elements. This is coming together nicely!
skeezixx chapter 32 . 2/24/2013
I liked the contrast of Wesley's actions in the last chapter to Buffy, Spike's, and Giles' views of how wimpy and by the book he is as they go through his apartment, although I did feel better that Giles did seem to know Wes a bit more than Wes thought he did. The image of Spike not being able to enter and getting frustrated made me smile.

Did Joyce punch the journalist to protect Spike? lol. So glad that Jezza got her revenge on Travers and will be reunited with Meph. I really started to like them as a couple, even though we saw so little of them.

Beautiful conversation between Buffy and Giles. Laughed that he was more surprised that she played chess than that Spike did. Liked his assessment of how Spike helped Buffy come to terms with herself and was thrilled that he accepted her relationship with Spike and that Buffy was adamant that she loved him and wouldn't be giving him up. Liked the way this line expressed her insecurities: :What if he has to choose between two people who both love him, on who made him immortal, one who was with him for a century?:

"More like Victorian Punk." LOL! I feel bad that both Spike and Buffy are having doubts now that they're back. I don't blame Buffy for being worried that Spike would have to at least try with Dru once/if she's cured and can understand that Spike feels he needs to stay on the sidelines.

I'm glad you haven't forgotten that Spike is a vampire, with his desires to rather be drinking the crowd than drinking his whiskey.

"Mindless vandalism? You do realize you are seriously not at your criminal best, right? All I had to do was follow the quarters. You're like Hansel and George-el with silver bread crumbs." ;) I though Giles had been joking when he said this was what Spike was doing!

Words cannot express how I feel about the discussion Spike and Buffy had about Drusilla, the cure, and staying. This was so touching and I feel like any review of it cannot do it justice, but I'll try! For some reason, this simple line had an impact on me and even as I write this it wants to bring tears to my eyes: "I miss her. I'm not gonna lie."

Had to laugh when Spike started getting carried away with what Dru does at the monastery. Also laughed here:"I wanted to let you have your homecomin' with all your little mates, not havin' to stop every three minutes and say, 'Oh, let me introduce Spike, the anonymous gentleman with a suspicious lack of reflection who rescued me in my fake story. You may recognize him from the times he terrorized your neighborhood, school, or local business.'."

I really liked when Spike told Buffy she makes him feel "Annoyed, brassed off, violent, and happy." Also liked when Spike realizes he had been trying to change Dru but not Buffy. Great idea to have him place the Eye in a place Dru would find it and let her make her own decision, I'm happy that the situation wlll be resolved that way.

Loved when the came upon where they first met and talked about Spike looking for her and the double meanings behind it.

Great ending, it put the hugest smile on my face. Of course I knew they'd end up together, but I really liked the little part about him trying to make her say "I love you". Too cute!

I know I've said this before (and I'm sure I'll say it again) but I absolutely loved how this final scene between Buffy and Spike included such a wide range of emotions. They argued, they bantered, they had a serious, sad discussion about Dru and their relationship, the reminisced (Spanish channel! lol!), they kissed and they teased. Perfect!
zanthinegirl chapter 17 . 2/24/2013
Great demons! You made them legitimately scary and still kept them (at least a little bit!) sympathetic. Nicely done!

For the record you write action scenes well!
skeezixx chapter 31 . 2/24/2013
Great scene between Wesley and his father. I liked that you showed how both father and son were feeling, and how even though his father was very critical of him, he was just reacting partially out of his own insecurities. I especially liked this line: "Perhaps you have to be given some in order to know how to ask for it." Wesley whispered tightly." I thought this scene had a very powerful ending with Wesley hanging up on his father and deciding in those moments to show some gumption and go to rescue Faith. Liked the idea of him not needed anything he was leaving behind. Just loved this entire scene!

I also loved the scene between Wesley and Faith, with neither of them fully knowing or trusting each other or themselves. There is a vulnerability and lonliness in each of them. I liked these similarities between them and the idea that it will be them against the world.
zanthinegirl chapter 13 . 2/24/2013
Aww. I really like Mephistopheles; what a great character. Very three dimensional. And his wife is fun in a scary way.

But cute spuffy forced-to-share-a-bed-ness!
zanthinegirl chapter 11 . 2/24/2013
Continuing to enjoy the heck out of this. Your plot is tightly written, and it's really zipping along. So much love!

Though FYI as a person who's spend many, many hours skiing down it's sides it's Mt Bachelor, not Bachelor Mountain. Though probably non-northwesterners wouldn't know that!
zanthinegirl chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
The whole comedy of errors is really entertaining. THough why do I suspect that overly complicating things isn't going to turn out well for Our Heroes?
zanthinegirl chapter 9 . 2/24/2013
Spuffy fan that I am I probably should be excited that your Buffy & Spike are getting closer. (And I am! It's developing into a real relationship!) But I have to say it's the plotty goodness in sunnydale with Giles, Wes, and so on that's holding my attention. I know I've said this before, but this story is just really, really fun.
zanthinegirl chapter 8 . 2/24/2013
The intrigue is getting deeper and more interesting. Plotty goodness!
zanthinegirl chapter 6 . 2/24/2013
Continuing to really enjoy this. The "what we have in common" list was a good way to build some common ground with Our Heroes. Plus: Fun for your readers!
zanthinegirl chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
The driving in Portland bit was funny! I remember driving there as a newish driver though and taking the wrong exit... much sympathy for Buffy!

Your wrote the (pretend) grief of Joyce and the scoobies well. Poor Oz and Cordelia.
zanthinegirl chapter 3 . 2/24/2013
this is really terrific!
Beige Flicka chapter 33 . 2/23/2013
This must be the first time I've read Drusilla as sane and she was almost frightening! But probably more misunderstood than Angel, I'd love to read more of her like that..

Yay for a little Faith and Wes too, I'm really curious what they had to go through to get into that stage of their relationship, knowing Faith, it couldn't have been an easy ride, plus I can't help but think that Wes could've easily made things difficult as well?

It's sad that this journey is over, but what a ride it was, thank you so much for sharing it with us! :)
touchthedark chapter 33 . 2/21/2013
ita me i loved it was amazing! whats the next story?
912 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »