Reviews for Offers You Can't Refuse
zanthinegirl chapter 10 . 2/24/2013
The whole comedy of errors is really entertaining. THough why do I suspect that overly complicating things isn't going to turn out well for Our Heroes?
zanthinegirl chapter 9 . 2/24/2013
Spuffy fan that I am I probably should be excited that your Buffy & Spike are getting closer. (And I am! It's developing into a real relationship!) But I have to say it's the plotty goodness in sunnydale with Giles, Wes, and so on that's holding my attention. I know I've said this before, but this story is just really, really fun.
zanthinegirl chapter 8 . 2/24/2013
The intrigue is getting deeper and more interesting. Plotty goodness!
zanthinegirl chapter 6 . 2/24/2013
Continuing to really enjoy this. The "what we have in common" list was a good way to build some common ground with Our Heroes. Plus: Fun for your readers!
zanthinegirl chapter 5 . 2/24/2013
The driving in Portland bit was funny! I remember driving there as a newish driver though and taking the wrong exit... much sympathy for Buffy!

Your wrote the (pretend) grief of Joyce and the scoobies well. Poor Oz and Cordelia.
zanthinegirl chapter 3 . 2/24/2013
this is really terrific!
Beige Flicka chapter 33 . 2/23/2013
This must be the first time I've read Drusilla as sane and she was almost frightening! But probably more misunderstood than Angel, I'd love to read more of her like that..

Yay for a little Faith and Wes too, I'm really curious what they had to go through to get into that stage of their relationship, knowing Faith, it couldn't have been an easy ride, plus I can't help but think that Wes could've easily made things difficult as well?

It's sad that this journey is over, but what a ride it was, thank you so much for sharing it with us! :)
touchthedark chapter 33 . 2/21/2013
ita me i loved it was amazing! whats the next story?
WayWard Childe chapter 30 . 2/22/2013
What a fantastic story, just came across it and even though I'm usually more of a Spike/Willow, Spike/Tara, Spike/Cordelia, kinda guy. You totally right a great Spuffy, Of course it's season 3 Buffy when she wasn't a bi...Love this story can't wait for the next update!
Seapea chapter 33 . 2/22/2013
I enjoyed the tying of loose ends. This has been quite a ride. Hope you have more ideas in your mind for our Buffy and Spike.
Sirius120 chapter 33 . 2/22/2013
I am so happy you wrote this epilogue! While I was satisfied with how 32 ended, I can never get enough of your stories! I hope you realize that you could write several spin offs from this chapter alone.

Did I mention that Travers' fate is completely creepy? Because it is. I'm glad we have closed that door.

So Faith and Wesley are awesome! Faith's (temporary) physical weakness is the only way to break down her walls. She would never admit to needing his help, and she would have run away from him immediately if not sooner. Wesley is starting to develop that hard edge we see in the Angel series, which is an absolute necessity when dealing with her. When they show up in LA, they are a perfectly matched set. I love their willingness to go all out for one another, and their constant awareness of each other's mortality tugs at the heart strings. I would love to see what brought them to this point, among other things.

For the Scoobies, I love that Spike is readily accepted into the gang. Within a year, Willow is spending time alone with him, and in two years, he's integrated into the normal banter. And Joyce is still alive! I would have liked a little more clarity on the status of relationship with Giles, but I can live with this.

It's interesting that you brought Angel and Cordy together. They had such minor parts in this, and I'm so curious to know how their relationship progressed, as their story line obviously separate from Wesley's.

And finally, Dru finds her peace and reclaims vengeance. Man, she's a complex character. It's a shame that she kills herself, but I would rather it be her than Wesley, that's for sure.

Ok, so I do have one question. It seems there is no Dawn in this story. I've noticed that you tend to include her or Joyce, but usually not both. Is there a reason why? I'm just being curious, I promise I'm not complaining :-)
Sirius120 chapter 32 . 2/22/2013
Again, I love seeing Wesley step into his own. Seriously, he's not even in the chapter, and he steals the opening scene! And then Joyce steals the next one for punching out the reporter! Classic Joyce moment.

I love that you deflected the gang's attention from ther momentary focus on Faith's escape. Giles was right; it's no different than what he did for Buffy, and they don't even know half the story yet. I'm glad they were able to let it go. Buffy and Giles' conversation was also touching. I love that stuffy Giles was discussing emotions! But more than that, he is able to see pepole for who they are, for better or worse. He is a true Watcher in this story, observing all these personal transformations happening around him.

And I have to say, I love the complexity of the conversations in this story. I mean, there are so many story lines intertwined, and yet, paradoxically, everything simply makes sense. Spike is able to be incredibly honest and state that he does miss Dru, and Buffy is able to accept that and not feel like he's settling for her. For me, real love is about accepting your past and acknowledging that it has brought you to this present. God bless this broken road, as it were.
mike13z50 chapter 33 . 2/22/2013
These were my two favorite bits:

"Close for us. Way we move." His pelvis moved to emphasize his words. It rolled. It insinuated and invited. "Wanna make it home, Baby?"

"Needs heavy curtains." Buffy ran her hands longingly over his chest and stopped at the belt.

"Needs a woman's touch." He hinted, his own hands lingering on her hips.

"I told her I'd call her at- three point four! A three point four! What is that, a B? Solid B, init?"

"Yes! The English paper you wrote for her must've-"

"I didn't write that paper! I thought you did."

"I didn't either."

"She did it on her own! Bless her little birdbrain!" Spike roughly hugged the witch in front of him and picked up the phone.
Embers and Flame chapter 33 . 2/22/2013
I loved this epilogue. You tied up the loose ends beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing.
Kathryn Merlin chapter 33 . 2/22/2013
I'm glad you posted the epilogue! I really enjoyed the parts about Drusilla, and how she finally got some peace. But I also liked how you didn't make her "good" because she wasn't getting a soul, just healing her mind.
920 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »