Reviews for The Castaway
Korra chan w chapter 296 . 9/26
MOAR CHAPS PWEAAASEEE! T~T
Si chapter 59 . 8/28
guest she is! I saw that she is active on tumblr. I hope she will continue soon.
I just realized it has Been almost two years since your last update. Please for Spirits sake tell me you are still allive!
Waitingformore chapter 292 . 8/24
I hope that we get one more noatak/liu/nilak chapter. Where they just talk about everything that happened and some cute liu and nilak moments. Maybe Korra joins them at the end. :)
Oh i See what you did there with all those warnings and katara talking about Aang. Noatak is going to die isn't he?
Please continue chapter 296 . 8/17
I just re-read the last cheaper and urgh what cliffhanger! Please more!
Truth be told, i loved the story so far, but this chapter is... Dissapointing.
splattermusic chapter 296 . 5/9
Ohmygod, it feels so weird to be at the end of this. I mean I clicked on this fic without really looking at the length. Once I saw the length, I thought "oh I'll just stop reading once it gets boring, I mean its probably just a bunch of mindless fluff" but I never got bored? it's actually so well written and well planned out. I mean so many fics that exceed even fifty chapters tend to just keep going on and on but this actually has plot! And character development! And creative villains that fit the theme of the story! Like wow, it is so good, props to you for writing this because you are simply amazing. I can't even stress how distraught I was when I reached the end and found out that the story wasn't done! Keep up the amazing work and I'll be waiting patiently for the next chapters
Barleyguy chapter 107 . 4/13
Well... Things would have been a lot easier in the long run if Korra let him do it. Just saying, also I kind of expected more of the whole, marry Sukada or else bit that Unalak made, but it was dealt with fairly easily, I expected him to be a minor villain at first that I remember, an annoying ass who wanted to marry Korra, Christ he turned out so much worse in the end, much worse than I ever expected, also I love how Noatak puts his point into a single word "Tarrlok" and she immediately knows what he meant, made me laugh. Loving this the second time around raven so. Keep updating eh.
Barleyguy chapter 105 . 4/13
I know this is a spoiler for those who haven't read so spoiler warning. Anyways I hate Mei, I hate how protective she is despite what she eventually does, and what she friggin lets happen, and I still find it amazing how you long ago mentioned her first kiss being with a friend, and said friend appearing, when writing that originally did you have in mind that Mei would eventually come into the picture? Lol I'm starting to retread again, I miss reading your work raven, and wait patiently. So as always. Keep updating eh.
RashestRumble16 chapter 296 . 4/13
You are starting to scare me now... Every few days I check your page, site, whatever the hell you call these things (yes i'm a little technically challenged particularly when it comes to social media so sue me) and I can see that you haven't updated anything in a year, nothing bad has happened to you right?

And no I am NOT stalking you in case the thought crossed your mind, I just find it a little odd that you suddenly stopped posting anything and we haven't heard from you for a whole year... Maybe this is just me, I have been told that I overthink things a lot.
mariaguadalupe.escutiabelmonte chapter 143 . 2/1
I don't k is why but laughed way to hard then I should when she yelled at all of them because they wanted to escort her to the bathroom lok XD
Praegressus chapter 296 . 1/30
How does one go about reviewing over a million words worth of story? The devotion itself is admirable, but word count isn't this tale's sole quality.

Let me start with the good:
-Consistency. There are few plot holes you left overlooked. Sure, some things get swept under the rug too quickly, but for a fic this long, it's fascinating it didn't fold in on itself thrice over by now!
-Worldbuilding. Not the best I've seen, but it's still very well done, smoothing the at times rough outlines of the original work's premise. The best moments are the details you brought up every time Noatak angsts about his former extremism; how non-bender life differs and thrives in a world where people move mountains and part seas on occasion.
-Avatar's Troubles. The Korra of this fic is scarcely the Korra of the original (more on this later), but the change is natural and always just barely on the side of tasteful. You run the whole gamut, from discrimination to suicidal fantasies, slavery to rape and back again; for all that, you managed to always cut it off right at the last moment, just before the angle would get too dull. It's a testament to either your skill, or your luck.
-Liu. I will bitch about your obnoxious OC's later, but Liu is a savage. The Avatar series are both filled with surprisingly deep characters, and Liu is the one sole character with whom you truly pay homage to that quality. Well done!
-Pairing Lin and Bumi was fresh, I'll give you that.

And finish with the bad:
-Warped Characteritzation. It isn't in Korra's nature to be so completely dependent on a single person (even if he's the love of her life) that she can't have a normal night's sleep without him.
Also, I'm under the impression that this Korra would throw anyone and their mothers under the train if it would save her partner and daughter, and that you have to actively reinforce the necessary selflessness by Avatar-Ex-Machinaing the cataclysmic events that would otherwise kill everything.
-Underused cast. Asami not as much, but Mako and Bolin have definitely been demoted to extras. Especially beyond chapter 200 or so, where neither one did anything more significant than speaking. Poor guys have taken a back seat to Korra and Noatak's reassuring of one another.
Same goes for the other two of Aang's kids, Varrick, any Beifong except Lin, and the cabbages guy (who merited a story arc of his own, at least).
-Obnoxious OC's. Mei and Lisu were ok, but pretty much everyone else is a flop. The tattoo pair seem especially pointless, seeing as their perceived roles as 'family friends' could've been filled by original cast members. This Chiyo chick counts too - the only fun part of her chapter was the worldbuilding regarding the Agni Kais!
-Mediocre Villains. Ummi was cool, and it's with her that you get super-close to the DEPTH of a true Avatar villain, if not the impact. Sukuda and Koh, however, were frowny faces that kicked the dog and had rape and murder listed on their bad guy resumes as weekend hobbies. Sukuda had the one good play with the two-way mirror, and then... predictable and dull.

That's my rather extensive two cents. Hopefully this long tale lives through 2016 as well!
RashestRumble16 chapter 296 . 1/28
... Your still alive right? I find it a little troubling that we've gone without an update since late July (life getting in the way?... Writer's block?). If it wouldn't be any trouble could you shoot us readers a quick author's note to let us all know you haven't vanished into thin air?
LilithiaRW chapter 179 . 1/7
I really liked this story. It helped to solidify Noarra as my OTP. The previous arcs were exciting. But I am afraid I have to stop with this chapter. I am no stranger to violence, but rape is something altogether more repulsive. This chapter was simply disgusting, and I will not be reading any more of this. This is not a comment on your writing - you are a talented author for sure - but I cannot stomach this.
1,208 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »