Reviews for Resistance
Mercenary Flyer chapter 4 . 2/20
Man I'd thought this one was gone for good.

I like how you portray both sides as not completely good and evil. It would have been entirely too easy to make the Estovakians "Mustache Twirling" evil.

You know the worst part of all this carnage is knowing that its going to be a full 6 months before Gracemeria is liberated. I do feel the escalation is a little on the fast side, not even a month after the invasion and they have a solid resistance group set up. But I suppose it just makes me more curious to what will happen next.
laZardo chapter 4 . 2/15
I am continuing to enjoy the rather graphic detail you put into this because it ironically brings out the flawed humanity of both sides of the conflict. Especially when it is all appearing to lead to the kind of slaughter that may or may not involve a certain pilot's family...resulting from which side snapping first?

Call it nitpicking though, and I'm sure this is more due to familiarity on your end, but its hard for me to envision the Stovies as Soviets (spelling aside) as compared to Serbs. But again, thats just a detail.

Keep it up.
Mercenary Flyer chapter 2 . 11/8/2012
It seems really odd that the Emmerians would be desperate enough to resort to suicide bombings so soon. It hasen't even been a month since the invasion.

Maybe you should have waited until later to introduce such a thing. Suicide bombings are pretty messy and can easily cause civilian casualties, which kinda something you want to avoid if you want the people on your side.

Anyway, its good to see the resistance fleshed out some and it seems like they are gaining strength and confidence. Emphasis on that last part if they're considering going after a high value target like that general.

It looks like Louis experience is going to come in very handy, if reluctantly on his part. Like the use of the model spy plane, a nice touch.

Overall, this is very refreshing for the Ace Combat section, keep it up.
Trainalf chapter 2 . 10/30/2012
Counter-insurgency is even more difficult then convential warfare. Great chapter, I was shocked to see they resorted to such a desperate tactic early on. But that should mean everything else they plan will be interesting.
laZardo chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
If there's one kind of Ace Combat fic that catches my eye it's the kind that fills in the gaps, builds new characters and opens up more of the world while still retaining a faithfulness to canon.

While I am a bit nitpicky about "casual" language here and there, yours is exactly that kind of fic, and it deserves a follow.
Mercenary Flyer chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Someone finally made a story on this subject. Its shaping up to be pretty good actually.

It seems odd that Louis would travel all the way to Emmeria, maybe it has something to do with a certain incident 5 years before?
Trainalf chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Interesting start! There are a lot of Resistence Movements in the series, though they don't get a lot of attention. The writing is superb, it really captures the setting of a occupied country. I'll add this to my alert list, I hope updates won't be too infrequent?