Reviews for Family Feuds
the lola chapter 1 . 3/16/2013
I loved Bellatrix's obsessive need for revenge and to kill her, it showed her character very well here. I love Tonks, and I love how you've written her! I hated knowing what was going to happen because I really didn't want Bellatrix to have it her way.
WeasleySeeker chapter 1 . 3/15/2013
I really liked this. Bellatrix is such a great character, and I think you've got inside her head really well here. It makes sense that she'd have that hatred for Tonks, especially after Voldemort made that comment about her marrying Remus.

Tonks, as I've told you before, is one of my favourite characters, and I love how you've written her here. It was THE SADDEST THING in the final scene when she was holding her own against Bellatrix, and then sees Remus fall and can't fight anymore. I love that she was so talented that she could maybe even have escaped Bellatrix a third time, and her reaction to Remus's death was completely heartbreaking. :(

There were a couple of little grammar issues but nothing too problematic, and overall I think this was really well written and really enjoyed it!
lowi chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
While I guess it was inevitable that Tonks would die at Bellatrix' hands, I couldn't help myself from feeling really upset that it would happen that way. I don't know, this just struck me really hard.

You wrote Bellatrix really well, she was definitely in character what with her thoughts and dialogue.

And Tonks' shout when Lupin died. *shudder*

Great work!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 3/13/2013
Even though I knew she'd die, I still hate you for killing Tonks. And Remus, mustn't forget him.
I liked how you showed Bellatrix's determination to kill her niece in this, and I don't remember if we ever new who killed Tonks in this end, but having Bellatrix do it seemed very realistic to me.
Good work :p
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Nice job building up Bellatrix's determination to kill Tonks and incorporating her humiliation in front of the other Death Eaters as part of that motive.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Your Bellatrix is really well-written here; her hatred for Tonks is so canon and realistic for her, and you've done a wonderful job with her personality. I find Bellatrix really difficult to write, so that was impressive to me. I like that you show the three times that Bella and Tonks meet, too, and I think you did a nice job showing the differences between them. A few errors scattered throughout the piece - for instance, it's Stupefy, not Stupify - but nothing crazily distracting. Tonks seemed to be in-character as well, and the whole piece fit very nicely with canon. Nice work!
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
A Couple Things:

[She still felt her blood run cold when she remembered how the Dark Lord had taunted her with blood band with this piece of vermin.] I have nooo idea what you're trying to say here :3

And secondly, wasn't Tonks one of the fake Potters? So how would Bella have been able to target her?

That being said, I really enjoyed this! The rivalry between Bella and Tonks makes so much sense and I love how you've weaved it into canon. I also like your portrayal of Tonks' death at the end. Well done!
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 12/26/2012
It's interesting to read a story about these two. They definitely don't have a typical aunt-niece relationship. I really like how at the beginning Bellatrix didn't realize they were related. Writing this in three snippets works well and I like the progression. There are a few English things in this that aren't perfect, but they're not distracting from the overall story. I think you did a great job!
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
I like the three time points you picked to show Bellatrix's and Tonks's relationship, and it seemed very realistic to me that Bellatrix didn't know who Tonks was during the first time point. As a bit of constructive criticism, there were a few typos/minor grammar mistakes so I might recommend a beta. Also, heh, I think this is a sign I've been reading too much Harry Potter Wiki recently, but technically in canon it's Dolohov who killed Lupin, not Rookwood.

Anyway, this was an interesting one-shot, and I thought the ending was appropriately blunt and horrifying, and I think Bellatrix immediately continuing to coldly search for more victims was very IC.
TamariChan chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Oh my god. The last section gave me literal shivers. This is so creepy, but you wrote it so well. This Bellatrix is basically canon, but you expanded on the scenes we didn't get to see, which I always adore. The only thing I saw wrong was Tonks' dialogue in the last section- "You didn't succeed last [time], you won't succeed now[,] auntie," the younger witch taunted.

Other than that, your writing was great and your voice was so Bellatrix I was scared for a bit. Wonderful job on this!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
*sob* I always liked Tonks. She was one of my favourite Order members and probably one of my favourite all round characters. I was devastated when she died.

This was really good. I loved Bellatrix's hate and how she didn't care that they were related. She just wanted to kill her. That's such a Bellatrix thing to do.

There were a few spelling and grammar mistakes throughout, but over all I thought it was good. Well done!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Really brutal and really well done. Just one thing though. It should be nappies, not diapers. Keep writing