Reviews for The Successor
x Euphoria chapter 20 . 7/13/2014
First off congrats on finishing this story. It took me for a ride. I really enjoyed all of it. The best part honestly was how easily I can see all of these happening. With that alone makes this story really beautiful. I liked the ending because it was fitting and it seemed very true. Rinoa was finally "free" and I'm very happy for her and Squall.

I still can't get over the Seifer chapter! I think that is going to stay with me for a while lol. Thank you for the story it was worth the read :)!
x Euphoria chapter 17 . 7/13/2014
Stop. Stop making me cry. I didn't realize I needed this chapter in my life. The whole conversation between Seifer and Rinoa was just so realistic. I accept this as cannon. It makes me so sad. Oh my god :[. It makes me sad because I have this scenario built up in my head that everyone will be friends and grow old together and die happy :[. Obviously that won't happen but my little heart can't take the reality lol.
x Euphoria chapter 16 . 7/12/2014
Oh thank god they are both alive. That was really scary _.
x Euphoria chapter 14 . 7/12/2014
Ok. ok. Ok. wow. So I shed a few tears when Squall was talking to Ivy. I'm not joking. It was just wow really powerful. Because it was the truth. It's just crazy to think that's REALLY what happened in the game. I really wish they'd release something new about FF8 ugh. I need it. But wow.

"I didn't want to live without her, which has honestly been the primary motivating factor behind most of the decisions I've made since meeting her "- those lines. I love those lines so much. It's just so accurate. I really love LOVE your understanding of their relationship.

This whole chapter was really beautiful. My favorite so far.
x Euphoria chapter 13 . 7/12/2014
I already reviewed this chapter 12 so my thoughts will go here lol. I really like that Noelle is a lesbian. It doesn't matter but it's just a small something that I really appreciate.

Noelle and Rinoa sharing the same dreams is also very interesting. I wonder what it all means aahhh.

Chapter 13 was crazy I take it was when Rinoa transferred her powers to Noelle. I really like Ivy too :)

*I would be way past chapter 13 if I didn't end up doing a whole bunch of errands today _*
x Euphoria chapter 8 . 7/12/2014
I just can't get over how lovely you write Squall and Rinoa's relationship. It's pretty incredible. Like their love is so strong it makes me happy. It seems like they suffered through so much but their just so devoted to each other. It's so special and rare. Perfect for them :)
x Euphoria chapter 6 . 7/12/2014
AHH I have so many questions but I know the answers are there I just have to keep reading :).
x Euphoria chapter 5 . 7/12/2014
I really enjoyed the Laguna and Squall part. It just makes me really happy reading about them.
x Euphoria chapter 4 . 7/12/2014
Have you ever read a story and were like man this is amazing but still like really nervous when reading the whole time. I swear this is one of those stories. Like it's not scary but all the mystery surrounding it I want to know I'm just nervous to find out lol. Hope that makes sense x_x

"I've been a terrible influence on you," she said. "How am I supposed to despair about the future when I've done such a good job teaching you not to?" I love that. It's so accurate.

Older Squall and Rinoa give me all these feelings. They will always be so adorable together.
Savae chapter 20 . 7/11/2014
Yay, you did it! Honestly, this wasn't even close to the ending I was expecting, but I was still sincerely happy with the turn out! I hope you're good with it too, because this story is quite the achievement.

I'm glad that Squall and Rinoa were able to be at peace with everything in the end. It might not be exactly the future they wanted, but it's one they can live with, and that's better than most scenarios I could envision for them. I'm glad you didn't pull the story into a whole different direction with the information hunt at the end because I think it would have been belittling to their struggle. Your restraint was definitely a good thing.

Anyways, great work, and I hope you post another epic soon!
x Euphoria chapter 1 . 7/11/2014
I looked back for my last review and found out that it was April of 2013... :[ And I spelled beginning wrong. ugh _ Fail. Well I'm starting over :) The first chapter gives me so many different emotions. I love seeing the happy Leonhart family so much with their adorable daughter. But then the present makes me scared cause I remember some stuff ahh !
angelwingprincess chapter 20 . 7/11/2014
Waaaaaaah, Finally finished reading this and you did a wonderful job wrapping it up! I'm truly more of an optimist at heart and would have hoped for a happy ending, with them finding a way to get Rin better or some other nonsense, but this is more realistic and I can see it being a more plausible ending than whatever rainbow I'd have put in there. Definitely a great work and ending. Just so you know, I have spent the better part of the past two days reading this in every extra moment so you defnitely got my attention! 3
Guest chapter 20 . 6/28/2014
Wonderful. brilliant. and even flawed, those flaws throw off rainbow prisms of absolute beauty. I love this story, and i love the ending that you gave it. I cannot express to you how wonderful a writer i think you are, and how much i admire you sticking to this despite the challenges you've had.. i mean, you had a frickin' BABY, for crying out loud!

Thank you for the shout out, I'm really glad that I was able to help you in some small way to continue this.

So. Now you know how to write a novel. Use it (and btw, PLEASE don't stop writing FF8 fic!).
Victor chapter 20 . 6/27/2014
YAY! Finally posted. I'm so very proud of you for this. And now the entire rest of the internet can be, too. :) I truly do think the ending is perfect as the story itself couldn't have gone any other way, so not only do you get kudos for finishing, you get accolades for sticking to your original idea of where you wanted things to be at the finish.
Way to go, M'Love. You did it. *kiss*
Emerald-Latias chapter 20 . 6/27/2014
You know, I never really thought much about how rare it is for them to have happy (relatively speaking) endings. I see chapters close on happy notes but nothing suggesting that it would reasonably stay that way with the turbulence constantly swirling around them. It is so important here in this story to see them say I'm fine and mean it. It is also so important to let go of the things that tether them to the past and make honest efforts to move forward because given game canon, the whole past shaping one's future is a big hurdle and it's kinda neat to see the parallel here.

All in all, I'm glad that the ending didn't find some deus ex machina to get all they wanted answers-wise and opt to have them learn to be cope with what they cannot feasibly know with the documents lost. It's perfectly imperfect. And given that I've been stuck figuring out notes for my own story for months, this gives me courage to have faith in my gut feeling and continue to lean towards a similar ending in tone for FSR.

Anyway, finishing a story is definitely an accomplishment to be proud of (despite the inevitable fic idea jonesing your brain is probably doing right now - been there, done that) and I'm glad I was able to help you out along the way. :)