Reviews for Iruka's Contribution
troutman30 chapter 1 . 7/9
Not only did you give us a strong Iruka but you gave The Hokage the balls to go against the Council and not give Sasuke to Kakashi.
Sieghard chapter 1 . 3/4
You're the first author at this site I've added to my favorites list, after having placed three of your stories at such list, it would've been stupid to not admit that I admire you as an artist.

As for this story in particular I've read a rather stupd review stating that Umiko was too robotic, to me he was a great teacher he did have his favorites but didn't allow himself to treat them better than the others.

He taught anyone at his class who wanted to learn, tried to motivate everyone to achieve their best, offered to listen to their problems before deciding what actions he would take towards them.

Just because Umiko didn't guilt trip himself into becoming Naruto's surrogate family, somehow, all the empathy he showed towards his students has been ignored by some.

Simply because he did what any employed adult is supposed to do, he did his job. He ignored his biased opinions, observed his students and gave them all more that anyone can expect from most teachers nowdays.

His concern for their future.
TheMaddogMerc chapter 1 . 10/4/2016
I believe this is like the 20th time ive read this now! dude, have you ever considered either doing more little one shots to this or turning it into a multi chapter story, big hit. either way luv your works :)
momocolady chapter 1 . 8/28/2016
good story
odd one out chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Btw, I didn't get to finish your story. I just skimmed through it when I reached more than halfway. I've nothing against your writing style, just the content. You can just delete or ignore my reviews, but I hope you thought it through.
odd one out chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
I might be the only one who doesn't like this. I don't see where the Will of Fire (everyone is family, no one gets left behind...'those who leave their friends are worse than scum' type of mentality) comes to play. You're all about professionalism that you believe it's only theory and practicals that are taught at the academy. Iruka's become very professional to the point that he's robotic, doesn't go through his turning point (and I think Naruto, the series, is all about changes that people undergo - what causes them and how it affects others), and doesn't become the father figure Naruto needs.

The team groupings are understandable though and also interesting. I am with others in saying that I'm curious about Kurenai's team. However, it's still iffy how everything just seems to go too perfectly, as if Hinata wouldn't go deaf from having both Naruto and Kiba in her team (and I'd say: poor dogs... Kakashi's dogs are. You know how sensitive a dog's hearing is.) Real growth happens when people learn. And people learn by experiencing/making mistakes.

I just feel like the whole point of the manga/animé is lost when you changed one seemingly small character. But Iruka's more than that.
Shadowpawzzz chapter 1 . 3/10/2016
Wow if this story was fleshed out it could be great.
Disturbedhrt chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
Should be made in to a major story great quick read
musme chapter 1 . 1/3/2016
I like it
silverseed chapter 1 . 12/28/2015
I completely agree that that is what would have happened, though I am somewhat curious as to what was of Sasuke's team. I was half-expecting him to interrupt team seven's training sessions with challenges to Naruto for the number one spot. I think your characterization was spot-on, and the idea itself was very interesting. Great work!
777angeloflove chapter 1 . 12/9/2015
awesome~!
Ankreiyas chapter 1 . 11/8/2015
I will admit it...i squealed at the end of this fic. AWESOME! I love the idea
zhoover chapter 1 . 8/30/2015
Please do more of this. This is to good to be a one-shot
Anime Princess chapter 1 . 7/22/2015
I love how Iruka Umino was able to be a professional and teach each student equally. Love how she brought out each skill they had and gave them the foundation of being good ninjas! POST MORE ASAP!
Sakihinata chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
I love the differences between this version and th eoriginal ;)