Reviews for Iruka's Contribution
jfcwtfusernames chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
A wonderful one-shot! I love see Naruto actually learn and become a better shinobi.
chubbysquirrel132 chapter 1 . 11/24/2014
I kept expecting Iruka to break out into song singing I'll Make a Man Out of You. This was a well written story and I enjoyed reading it. Good job.
crazzyredhead chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
I hope you update again and soon i think this would be a great story to write more. Love the idea and think it be neat if Naruto would learn faster with team who likes him from the start.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Nice one-shot.
I have to agree with you; a good teacher can make a lot of difference, especially if the student's problems are noticed in the beginning and not deliberately ignored.
zebrin chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
I know this is an old story, but I feel I must say this.
While this would be good as an outline for a story, it is always telling us that Iruka or someone else did something. The truism of "Show don't tell." applies here strongly. When you use language like "After Kakashi passed out after overusing his Sharingan eye to defeat Zabuza, the three genin followed Tazuna to his home." it is a classic and almost textbook case of condensing what could be an entire paragraph or scene into one line. You told us what happened rather then expanding on it, giving it depth and dialogue, and showing us what happened.
At any point if you could replace what you have written with a bullet point list of actions you are falling into this trap.
In later stories you have improved greatly in fleshing out your stories, but I notice you occasionally do fall into old habits.

I hope this helps you become a better writer.
Mohammad.Alzo chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Very well done - I'd have enjoyed it If it were a full story. Is this up for adoption?
egwolf65 chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
great story!
Monki-Neko chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Really vreat! More please?
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
Excellent!
troyguffey chapter 1 . 4/20/2014
7/10

Good idea, but writing was too much summary
Shae Vizla chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Good story. The Civilian Council make a school plan based in theory, probably to allow more children for civilian's families to become shinobi, but only lead them to fail or become meat shield. I don't think in the canon Iruka had as much liberties and was particulary unfair toward Naruto.

In this story, Naruto was able to show he had good qualities (stamina and speed) for a ninja and being praised and motivated, encouraged him to work better. The children were best prepared to be ninja and Kakashi ended with a well rounded team. We don't see it, but I think Kurenai was great for her student too : Sakura and Sasuke had aptitudes for genjutsu (a disciple they didn't bothered with in the Academy in canon) and I'm sure Kurenai beat the fangirl out of Sakura. She's a powerful kunoichi and would never encourage this type of comportement.
PhoenixWytch chapter 1 . 3/19/2014
Fantastic! Any chance of you expanding on this and writing more?
Angelix.onix.luna chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Cool
Sony Boy chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
This AU is something I completely agree and support. It doesn't really change much in the begining but later on has major impact. And that it helps improve not Just Naruto but others in his class.

I admit to being a bit curious on how Sasuke, Sakura and Shino do in this AU.
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 2/17/2014
Outstanding work on this story here. I realy like how it was done as I also love how if you change 1 thing in the beging how it changes so much over time.