Reviews for A Toast
Issun the Wandering Writer chapter 1 . 5/27/2020
Very nice, it did seem a little odd for the two not to expect a betrayal from Havelock after he betrayed pretty much everybody else. Casting it as instead them knowingly drinking it from a mixture of guilt and a desire for a no doubt less painless fate than whatever Corvo was going to give them makes a lot more sense.
Nanitesystems chapter 1 . 12/1/2019
Very poetic. Still as poignant as the last time I read it. Keep up the good work!
Nanitesystems chapter 1 . 11/12/2017
Oh my God. I teared up.
Ms MJ chapter 1 . 6/26/2017
Huh, that was very deep. I thought they just were stupid enough to fall for the poison again. In my first play-through, I didn't like the toast too much, it reminded me of Geoff Curnow. Dishonored sure has a thing for poison...
Desiree1717 chapter 1 . 4/12/2017
Very nicely done!
cthulhu-with-a-fez chapter 1 . 2/9/2017
of all the various versions of the 'pendleton and martin catch on to the poisoning early' type fic i've read honestly i think i like this one the most
Seprith Li Castia chapter 1 . 8/29/2016
One of the reasons I have always preferred the High Chaos ending of Dishonored is how it brought more closure to its characters than its Low Chaos counterpart. That being said, this story makes me love the Low Chaos ending. This look at the characters, their mind set, and their thoughts makes them seem all the more likeable. A delightful read if ever there was one.
graydevilforever chapter 1 . 5/25/2016
Wow, I would like them a bit better if this was cannon.
Adamant39 chapter 1 . 2/8/2016
*chink*
The loyalists chapter 1 . 12/23/2015
You have truly captured the whole idea of the low chaos ending. The way they quietly accept their fate and take it. But think of high chaos for a moment, Martin actually tries to shoot Trevor in that scenario, the lighthouse is like an asylum. However in low chaos once you get to the top everything is eerily calm, and I think this is what would have actually happened with Trevor and Martin. Wel done.
Darryl2969 chapter 1 . 8/9/2015
I can imagine this being something Corvo would watch and listen to from the rafters as they sipped their last drink, amazing job!
GingerNinja05 chapter 1 . 5/14/2015
I know I'm super late in review this story, but I just want to say well done man. This was a wonderful read and it was really well written.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/3/2015
I've read this story for some times, but this is the first after playing the Game itself. At a Low Chaos run, but still.

This makes too much sense, and honor to Pendleton and Martin as much as they may be allowed... as Havelock really looked too pitiful to just kill in the Low Chaos Run. I like to think he saw what he had done to the two men, especially after reading this.
Aronim chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Wow. I like. A last, sad realization and a mix of "we deserve this" and taking the easy way out. This is now officially my headcanon for why I found them face-down on the table.
Laluzi chapter 1 . 1/11/2014
Oh, what a fine ending. I like this much more than the thought of the two of them simply drinking the poison without realizing. This has so much more closure, and gives us insights into the minds of the two that we unfortunately didn't get to see in the Low Chaos ending.
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »