Reviews for A Tale of Four Holidays
ASuDC chapter 4 . 12/15/2012
What a great, great final chapter – a lot is going on and it has some wonderful moments. ;-)))

I’m very fond of the beginnig…it’s so cozy, Alan reading and admiring the tree…it’s full of atmosphere. ;-) In passing we learn what gifts Alan and Denny has presented each other on Christmas, well done! The gifts are so fitting to their characters – and I love the fact, that Denny likes to spoil Alan. ;-)))
Alan climbing into bed to Denny, resting his head on his chest - and Denny, (even in his sleep) instinctively laying an arm around his husband, is simply cute. ;-)))

The New Year’s party is very eventful in my opinion. ;-)))

Alan dancing with Shirley made my day…let alone Alan giving his thanks to Carl:
"Carl, thank you for allowing me to dance with your wife. Feel free to dance with Denny anytime."
I immediately imagined this particular scene in my head and went ROTFLGO – I really doubt, Denny and Carl dancing together will EVER happen. LOL

Now to Alan, the Lanfords and Gladstones: their inadvertently encounter was really heavy. Phew!
It was just like a duel…and Alan gave them (in his best chilly Alan Shore manner) the death blow. Thumbs up! Alan can be so mean sometimes...Jessica has deserved it so much. ;-)
The best remark came this time from Shirley:
"Please tell me you didn't smell him on her?" that was priceless! ROFL

And this one was good, too:
Denny's eyes widened in surprise. "How do you know what I said?"
Shirley waved her arm around. "This is a theater; the acoustics are very good in the entire building and especially here onstage. So be mindful of what you say. :)

Again you found a perfect end to a wonderful story – it was a big pleasure to read it, thank you so much. ;-) It’s greatly appreciated…I hope you will write a new story soon…at least next year. ;-)))
Guest chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
I have really enjoyed these four stories. I love these two and I wish you would write more.
You seem to understand them perfectly.
MLaw chapter 4 . 12/9/2012
Ah, revenge is a dish best served cold and Alan gave it to them positively polar. Excellent finish to this piece! Thanks for a great story.
ASuDC chapter 3 . 12/8/2012
…I knew the Cranes would win this feud. :) Even though I’m a little disappointed that Jessica’s friend Joanne asks Shirley to intercede with Alan and Denny, instead of Jessica herself. :( Otherwise it makes me think that Joanne does it unbeknownst to Jessica, so the dispute isn’t over yet – maybe Jessica isn’t ruefully at all and wouldn’t dream of apologizing…not yet. Still part four is left…yay!

Chapter three itself is great, too – all the guessing and rumors of people why the Cranes and the Lanfords could have this huge dispute is priceless. ;-)
I also like that Alan and Carl getting along so well with each other – in the show itself it was never really clear if Alan likes Carl or not and vice versa…

LOL…LOVE Alan’s interpretation who approached Shirley in the bathroom - let alone his wonderful remark, when he greeted her:
"Shirley, you look positively…delicious," he said with a glint of humor in his eyes, "If you ever get tired of Carl, you can marry Denny and me."
It’s awesome and very in character…it really made me giggle. ;-)
That Alan asked Shirley what she thinks about a “truce” is a nice touch – he really thinks the world of her and of her opinion. ;-)))

The end of this chapter is cute…Alan and Denny spending the Christmas morning with breakfast in bed together…on top of that, Alan retrieving his blinking star ornament…wonderful idea!

…again I have a favorite sentence (apart from Alans remark) in this chapter:
"Screw 'em," he had opined, "As far as I'm concerned, he's part of the problem. If he kept his spouse satisfied, she wouldn't have tried to seduce mine." ROFL
I only wonder about this one:
"Denny and Carl were wise to make me promise never to attempt to seduce her."
I know Denny forbid him to hit on Shirley…but Carl, when does that happen?

Great continuance, love every bit of it…well done! Thanks for writing it, now I’m curious about chapter four. ;-)
Linda chapter 3 . 12/5/2012
I did review thsi but for some reason it has not shown up.

I also feel New Year's is going to be very interesting... I wonder what will happen if Jessica and/ or her husband end up confronting Alan on that night. He doesn't like to make a scene but Denny could care less... there is bound to be some kind of retaliation in the works for them... am very interested in seeing what happens next!
Linda G chapter 3 . 12/3/2012
Not signed in, sorry...

New Year's Eve they are actually going to encounter each other again. I have NO idea what you have in mind for that.

Thinking that Mrs Lanford may get very shirty with Alan, and if she does it publicly it's going to be very unattractive for them, Alan will be caught between trying not to make a scene and defending himself (and placating Denny...)...

Oh, all my plans were to write this week but it's 102 degrees and I can't sit in the car and relax, I'm stuck in a shopping centre... I WILL be writing in the next two weeks!

Well done!
MLaw chapter 3 . 12/3/2012
This was outstanding! Am grinning from ear to ear. :D
ASuDC chapter 2 . 11/24/2012
…the second part is even more intriguingly than the first one…it’s so well and vibrant written, I’ve had to re-read it a second time immediately. ROFL

Your Alan and Denny conversations are always a great pleasure to read and spot on to the characters…and this one is no exception. :)
The beginning is so lovable – Alan and Denny sharing the newspaper, each of them reading their special sections – what a sweet imagination. ;-) Let alone the Cranes sitting in front of the TV, watching a football game together – more or less. CUTE!

Denny is very powerful in this chapter…I like it a lot how he talks to the Mayor on the phone, how he backs Alan up and how he puts his foot down that the Mayor disinvites the Lanfords from his own party - great, simply great. LOL

This one is my favorite sentence:
Alan, we aren't going away for Christmas or New Year's; we are staying right here for the holidays. I think we need to piss on this town to mark our territory and push the Lanfords out of our way."
Alan started guffawing and said, "Oh Denny, I am so hoping you are speaking figuratively! You are wicked!" I really went ROFLMAO after this. ;-)))

Thank you for involving Judge Victoria Peyton,(I always liked her a lot), for letting Denny say “Denny Crane” AND that he called Alan “a BRAT” in this story again. It’s just so endearingly in my opinion…

I’m very curious how this power game between the Cranes and Lanfords will turn out (as Alan pointed it out so perfectly “…this game just got really heated” - I can only agree with him) and who will be the loser at the end. (Personally I don’t think the Cranes – Denny NEVER loses anything.) LOL

I only wonder, why Alan didn’t tell Denny the story about Jessica earlier…he had no reasons to keep it to himself at all. And I don’t think he thought Denny wouldn’t believe him…

Anyway, I love this story…thumbs up! I’m addicted to it…so please continue as soon as possible, and thank you so much for writing a very entertaining BL story again ;-))) I’m a very happy camper. ;-)))
L J Groundwater chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
How exciting that there's another chapter... and that someone has managed to use the work braggadocio so effortlessly :)

I do love words, it's one of the things I like about this show so much. And I love that you always make Denny and Alan ground and comfort each other. Loved watching them in front of the TV having that conversation... it just seemed to be the right place to do it!

:) Please keep going... I'll catch up when I have a chance!
MLaw chapter 2 . 11/19/2012
Eww such intrigue and cattiness. Love it! Can't wait for the next installments. This was great!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Love it. Can't wait for the next story.
ASuDC chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
FINALLY an Alan and Denny Halloween story…this idea alone deserves a huge THANK YOU and a special word of praise. ;-)))

The story starts very interesting and suspenseful, and you even refer to one of your other stories…I like that a lot. :)
That you open chapter one with the Halloween party already, was a big surprise for me...since I have assumed the typical costume party in a Halloween story would take place at the end. ;-) You disabused me LOL - even better you used this party to get Alan (and maybe Denny) into trouble in future chapters. I’m already a little worried what Jessica’s revenge for Alans turn down will be. Phew!

The costumes Shirley and Carl wore fits them very well, as well as Katie as Lady Macbeth…and I would LOVE to see a picture of Alan as Don Quixote and Denny as Nick Carraway. ;-) I only wonder, in what costume Jerry showed up at the party?

What I like the most is Alan’s and Denny’s cuddling in bed at the end of this chapter…what a wonderful imagination - Alan laying his head on Dennys chest and Denny encircle him – this is sooooo cute. ;-) I know they are not gay…but I really can picture them doing this display of affection. ;-)))

Chapter one is really great…thank you again for writing it…I hope you will continue soon. ;-)))
L J Groundwater chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Don Quixote! Excellent! Loved it, love seeing a new story, and Denny's idea about how the women should dress was just perfect, lol. I do like the statement that realistically, Alan is more conservative than Denny because he really is. Well done all around! Four stories promised! (does little happy dance)... Christmas! Thanksgiving! New Year! Yay! :)
MLaw chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This was a hoot! Another excellent story and looking forward to the next installment. Great job!