Reviews for Ashes (was Stranger in the night)
smithcrafter chapter 23 . 8/28/2013
I enjoyed this story a lot.
Guest chapter 23 . 12/1/2012
This was great! I do looove happy endings, especially after all the excitement you've given us. Ana was a really loveable character who brought quite interesting twists to the story.
It truly is kind of sad that it has ended cuse now I won't be able to check if your story is updated like three times a day (yes, you really had me hooked on to this).
I do however wonder what happend to de Soto since his lancer killed Ana who was under the protection of the king and not to be harmed. Will he be sent back to Spain to face the consequences?
Well, I really just wanted to thank you for charing this story and piece of yourself with us.
I hope we'll se more from you
Best wishes from south Sweden (wich is currently a very snowcovered souch) ;-)
ABlape chapter 23 . 12/1/2012
wonderful :)
jkl88 chapter 23 . 11/30/2012
I wondered what explanation you would offer for De Soto's fear of Ana and you came up with a unique and logical one. I'm sorry the story is over as I have enjoyed it very much. Please start and post another tale when you are able. Thank you so much for the entertainment and joy you have given so freely.
jblevins0927 chapter 23 . 11/30/2012
Very well done! Great story...excellent plot and a lot of mystery...all the makings of a fine story! I am sad it is over as well. I am looking forward to your next one! Blessingsn to you!
Debra chapter 23 . 11/30/2012
Great story. I am still wiping my eyes. Well written and totally fictional.
Thank you.
jkl88 chapter 22 . 11/29/2012
This was certainly unexpected. I never expected to see Ana knowing and having some power over De Soto. I'm sorry that she does not survive. Please post soon...what a mystery.
katie1999 chapter 22 . 11/29/2012
I didn't review the previous chapter because I was too scared about the turn of events, but I'm happy you found a way out for Zorro. Now I'm curious about the explanation. You left it for the very end.
jkl88 chapter 21 . 11/28/2012
I think Alejandro was a little too trusting. I would have had someone sleeping in the cave to make sure Diego didn't ride out on Toronado. Besides which, Diego ought to have known better...he's still injured. The Alcalde showed more sense than usual. He had plenty of soldiers to help in Zorro's capture. I'm surprised he didn't take off the mask right away. Suppose his prisoner gets away? Then his plans would have been for nothing and he still would not know Zorro's secret identity. Poor Mendoza...he's going to make him pull the lever...nice touch. The flogging is a bit much, but I could see De Soto doing it. Zorro has been a thorn in his side and he wants revenge. Thank you for your concern, but the foot is broken. At least I have more time to read.
ABlape chapter 21 . 11/28/2012
Omg. :)
Suzanne chapter 21 . 11/27/2012
Soooooo... what are u going to do now? Is Ana going to come to the rescue? Or will the people of Los Angeles be the ones to stand up to DeSoto... or Mendoza? Oooooohhh, there are so many scenerios that can be played out in this story. Which one will you choose... or are you going to take a different route altogether? You need to make a decision and stick with it.
Hope you won't make us wait too long to find out!
jblevins0927 chapter 21 . 11/27/2012
Okay you are starting to scare me a little bit...LOL I am expecting somehow that there will be a happy ending and I am expecting somehow that Ana will probably have something to do with saving him..not sure but just a thought in my head!

Really like the story even if I am disappointed about Ana not getting Diego/Zorro!
Guest chapter 21 . 11/27/2012
Think I stopped breathing for a moment there. Poor, poor Diego! Praying to all the higher powers that he will be alright. ;)

your writing is really great, it always pulls me right into the world of your story. just the way I want it when reading and I'm sure that goes for other readers too

the very best regards
katie1999 chapter 20 . 11/25/2012
The confrontation with Alejandro went better than expected. But why didn't Alejandro recognize Diego's clothes as Zorro's?
jkl88 chapter 20 . 11/25/2012
I knew Diego would try to get out of telling his father the truth. I really like the ending of the chapter. Excellent. Thank you...I'm doing better since the walker arrivrd. But I must say getted around outside of the house is exhausting.