Reviews for The Other Vessel
Danny Barefoot chapter 1 . 5/23
This is amazingly good, the dialogue and psychology are great, and the anticipation between Al and Mei when they make out is exceptional.
videogamenerd101 chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
Oh God, where do I even start.

First of all, let me tell you that this is one of the greatest character pieces I've ever seen on this site. I love how well you characterized and developed Al over the course of the entire story. You showed his vulnerabilities so amazingly well, and his portrayal is really believable for a post-canon fic. Mei was great, too. I love how she was the voice of reason for Al and she helped him get through his struggle of not being able to protect those he loves like he could when he was still in the armor.

Your way with words is so beautiful, too. It all just seems so flawless and easy that it's really just so unbelievable. It all flows really nicely and there was never a moment where I was bored.

This was truly an outstanding fic. Amazing job. :)
Crush-Chan17 chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
Wow. This is Uh-MAZ-ING. You characterized Al and Mei so well - and it's impressive. The descriptions flow so well and I never got bored.
Carolnuts chapter 1 . 12/13/2013

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEI.
songs chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
The BEST AlMei I've ever come across. What a beautiful story (:
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Beautiful character piece. 5/5.
Anon chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Absolutely gorgeous.
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 1/29/2013
So he's been physically beaten, threatened with his own death and that of his loved ones, rilled to the point of seriously considering killing someone despite his usual pacifistic nature, haunted with guilt from no longer being unstoppable and immune to pain and thus easily protect those he cares for, managed to take away the mugger's gun despite the insanity of the day and the killer workout regimen that got him in trouble in the first place, and *he still lets the defeated mugger take some cash.* Only Alphonse.

It's the characterization detail like this that makes your FMA work a joy to read.
vapanalley chapter 1 . 11/19/2012
this is gorgeous. seriously lovely, and i think one of the best fic featuring these two ever. al getting used to his body and mei being helpful, assertive, and brilliant is just too great. :D wonderful.
Mizily chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This is breathtakingly written. Some lines I read over thrice just because they were so stunning. But what made your story stand out is the heart in it. I don't think I've cared quite so much for a character of fanfictional reconstruction in such a short space. Your characterisation was spot on and so very real- for the record, you write Al and Mei beautifully. There's a depth to them that might've come right out of the manga. Please keep writing, you have some talent. This was a pleasure to read.
Quarkmire chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
Wow. This is stunning. Your character depth and natural dialogue are unbelievable. I really appreciate the fact that you wrote Al and Mei with a great deal of emotion and sensitivity, and their interactions were natural and developed. Too few writers see the potential of the couple or the characters in general, and this fic shows wonderfully what I believe Arakawa intended to portray. Please, keep writing, because you have an amazing talent .
awesomeasusual chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
So good! I loved the story, it was original and I felt it was true to character. I could totally see Al having issues after being metal for four years. Realistic and well written, I can't wait to read more of your FMAB fiction 3
quintilis chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
This was a great breath of fresh air. It's very rare to see anything about Al and Mei here. I like that you approached this essential quality of Al's nature. He's ever the pacifist, but there's also this burning in him to protect. It's very interesting that you wrote about this conflict of interest.

Nice work!
quintilis
maglors harp chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
This is definitely one of the better AlMei stories around. You write well. :)

Maglor
somebody's world chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
I just...

You are such a good writer. ghlsdaldfjlksd