Reviews for Firebird's Son: Book I of the Firebird Trilogy
Toghgal chapter 31 . 8/2
It's like this strange vampire wizard world where being a wizard would totally suck. It's definitely not the happy go lucky realm of JKR.
Toghgal chapter 5 . 8/1
This is so wicked! I’d this even Harry Potter? Love it so far.
chaunalyse00 chapter 40 . 7/21
Holy shit
flames and roses chapter 4 . 7/19
Next year the Aether will be Luna, I bet!
MrsH chapter 40 . 7/12
Wow. What an amazing, fully detailed, enchanting alternative universe. Loved the first book, can't wait for the next two in the trilogy! Thank you so much for sharing your talent and your unique story!
Glumski chapter 40 . 7/8
I'm really, really incredibly impressed. Truthfully AUs are not really my thing, so saying that this is the best Harry Potter AU I know doesn't really mean much. Still, it is so well done that I'm astonished. Your version of the wizarding world is the most mature I know, with a Hogwarts that actually makes sense and a society that on the surface appears as perfect and quickly becomes incredibly dark. I don't think there has ever been a non-OOC Harry Potter I didn't immensely dislike - truthfully I can't stand JKR's characterization - but this Harry is one I can get behind completely while still being the person of the original works. Likewise, your take on Hermione is beautifully done, and all the secondary characters are likeable as well. And I really didn't see this plot coming.
Unfortunately it's late Sunday evening in my time zone, so the sequel seems very far away. I suppose the anticipation must suffice for the week...
Efloresco chapter 1 . 6/19
"Do you think the child is an Aether?"

Oh my god, an Aether?1?!

Oh wait I have no idea what it is so feel nothing upon reading that.
Wow chapter 5 . 6/15
As a guy I have to say I would be leaving as soon as I could. While multiple wives seems like it would be fun having them in a matriarchal society would be horrible. Most families have 1 head, a matriarchal society that has multiple wives would suffer from the "too many cooks in the kitchen" problem.
Abbey Riddle chapter 38 . 6/1
Damn. Poor Cedric.
Abbey Riddle chapter 37 . 6/1
I can't imagine discovering that and not devouring every word. Here and in canon it's odd how he can be obsessive, but also push away huge things out of mind.
Abbey Riddle chapter 18 . 5/31
Well you captured everyone lying and manipulating Harry in this AU very well. If they aren't telling him he's an oracle then they shouldn't make him take divination. Lame.
Abbey Riddle chapter 10 . 5/31
Snape always gets excused from being a jerk to a child because he was spurned by the mother. It is ridiculous that he is given a pass for that.
Abbey Riddle chapter 3 . 5/30
So far this is exceedingly interesting. Very impressed so far.
Pavic124 chapter 40 . 5/23
This is actually beter then I rember from my first reading.
DragonLadyA chapter 40 . 5/17
I'm totally into this. there is a fair amount of quidditch but I understand that it's such a HUGE part of who Harry is at this time an in this setting... he's gonna be consumed with it cause it's his thing. I cannot wait to start on part 2. good job!
3,840 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »