Reviews for Firebird's Son: Book I of the Firebird Trilogy
Valiryo chapter 40 . 15h
By far the best AU Harry Potter Fic I've read, seriously looking forward to reading the sequels.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 40 . 9/23
You know... This is related to Harry Potter in the same way I'm related to sea slugs.

It's still bloody brilliant though, I look forward to catching up.
Marvolo666 chapter 36 . 9/22
What an amazing story edge of my seat.
rekrula chapter 18 . 9/17
The whole story is very hope anywhere. I would rather die then live in such a world...
rekrula chapter 9 . 9/17
This is sooo sad. Is here any hope in this?
rekrula chapter 8 . 9/17
Wow. This is much darker then I thought it would. And I feel like you are leading us gently into a slave fic. I honestly don't know how much more I will read, but thank you for sharing! Hate the women in this...just yuck!
Al chapter 6 . 9/17
Amazingly different story line. I am intrigued. Thanks for sharing!
Simianpower chapter 5 . 9/15
This is my second read-through, and it seems that Hooch is lying. If a wizard fails to "perform", later chapters indicate that he's bound and/or drugged, and raped by a gang of women. Granted, a teacher likely wouldn't say that to a group of 11-year-olds, but that seems to be how it's done in this world.
StoryReigns96 chapter 26 . 9/7
Harry is a bitch in this story, only being angry in short bursts in one paragraph is ridiculous. I am only still reading this for novelty's sake, oddest story I have ever seen, whatever you were doing with this strange female centric world is baffling. It is possible I missed something, but I haven't noticed why witches need to leech men in the first place, it seems totally unnecessary, at first I thought it was a natural event but you specifically stating it was not always the norm proves otherwise and you definitely haven't explained the women's absolute obsession with it, their desperation makes no sense if it is law and are willing to accept the bare minimum.

The stupid little bit on life not being fair was idiotic, redundant, non-sensical and cliche, all at once.
bleme chapter 40 . 8/26
I just finished the 3rd book of this trilogy and this may be the my favorite fanfic yet, although I've only read about 200 so far, but still...

The story started off a little slow for me but I think that was needed for all the groundwork that had to be laid. There were very few spelling/grammar errors and none of them were too bad to understand what was trying to be said.

It is never a happy story but I kind of like that the author stuck with the way he wanted the story to go, instead of choosing the popular path.

All-in-all, a thoroughly excellent read!
rpeh chapter 40 . 8/22
I've just read this story from start to finish, non-stop, eschewing things such as food and basic hygiene because it's one of the most gripping stories I've ever come across.

I find most AU stories to be unsatisfactory because they stray too far from the source material and lose an important connection. This one doesn't do that. It adds a brilliant twist to the HP world and weaves it seamlessly into what we already know. There are a few things I don't link, especially what you did with Sirius, but I think I can understand that in the context of the overall story.

The sign of a great story is that you're upset to have finished it because you want to keep reading. Well I had that until I realised there were two sequels. Starting on those now.

Great work. Thank you for writing this brilliant story.
Jimbocous chapter 40 . 8/5
Don't know how I missed reading this for so long. Incredible amount of thought you put into this alternate vision, and a credible universe it. Thanks for a great read so far!
As of this chapter, I can see absolutely no positive for a wizard to bond. If I were in this world, I would refuse to bond and anyone who attempted to make me would undergo no small amount of suffering. I'm surprised that the wizards never committed a genocide of witches, in all honesty.
Das Legio chapter 1 . 7/28
I don't think you understand much about gender relations. It was less about numbers, and more about who had the better predilections towards organized violence.

4x as many men as women just ensures that either more men meet their match, or rich guys have awesome harems. Basically nothing changes. Sorry.
Jesus bloody christ this story makes be bloody goddamn angry. Its great though, well written. No Grammar or spelling mistakes, WOOO!
3,627 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »