Reviews for Firebird's Son: Book I of the Firebird Trilogy
Learning wandless magic is a good idea, according to possessed Quirrell.

lol that chapter title
old-crow chapter 40 . 3/24
Hi,

Wow! In a good way, that's about as AU of an HP story as I've ever read. On to the next installment.

O-C
old-crow chapter 8 . 3/23
Hi,

As of the first Quidditch game, you've made a lot of changes to the canon fabric - Quidditch, half of the wizards being witches, different classes and the like. Some of the changes are fine; Charlie being a girl is OK because he's off-camera, changing the twins is harder. I'm beginning to question - have you made changes for a specific reason or just to make changes? By example, it might have been easier to have simply invented more female characters than change all of the boys. While it makes a better game, I'm not certain that changing Quidditch scoring adds anything to the story, other than more things that a casual reader needs to remember.

Time will tell,

Old-Crow
TxA-GunFighter chapter 9 . 3/19
Good chapter.

guny
TxA-GunFighter chapter 8 . 3/19
Good chapter, bummer at the end.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 7 . 3/19

Fine chapter.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 3 . 3/18
Another good chapter.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 2 . 3/18
Good chapter, love AU stories.

TxA-GunFighter chapter 1 . 3/18
Interesting start.

s-david-m chapter 5 . 3/17
I don't quite get it. Sure there's a shortage of wizards, but there's no shortage of muggle men. A magical baby may need a witch for a mother, but you never required a wizard as a parent.
If you're like me and place too much faith in reviews before picking up a new story, please consider the fact that there are a lot of rather pathetic people out there that cannot stand to even entertain the idea of a world where women hold the reigns of power.

Darth Marrs has done an incredible job building this AU, and events that occur actually make sense, they don't feel forced or tacked on in order to move the plot forward. You wouldn't know this though, if you simply put your faith in the critical reviews. I urge potential readers to give this story a chance, it's an amazing piece of work.
3,586 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »