Reviews for Loving Liz
Lilith Fea chapter 2 . 5/15/2015
"I love when you talk finance to me, babe," for some reason that just cracks me up! XD

You have a wonderful writing style, i have to say you really do justice to the characters! I love how they are both affectionate towards each other without being all mushy! Great work, and i am going to stop talking now and start reading some more!

Lilith fea
sinister-assassin chapter 5 . 7/31/2014
This was really hard to read, but in the best way possible! The horrific account of Hart's death really put a twinge in my gut, both from the macabre nature of it, but also the way you really manage to drive home that he was a person, with a family that loved him and fellow agents who cared greatly for him.

It's nice to see HB reaching out and being the person to steadily care for Liz in her time of need, even when he's grieving, too... and is of course, ever the gentleman when she starts getting a little bold in her medicinally-induced state of goofiness. But I love the recurring theme you've got of him doing the best he can to let her know that he'll never let her fall, and she clearly knows it. And despite her comparatively diminutive size to HB, it warms the cockles of my cold little heart to see that she wants to hold him, and offer some comfort to him in return, as well. Well done!
DealingDearie chapter 5 . 7/22/2014
The emotion, the newfound intimacy, the attention to detail (especially with the medical accuracy)-it's all spot on and perfect! Very strong, powerful descriptions and some nice little moments with Red and co. Great job! ;D
AughraOfEarth chapter 5 . 7/20/2014
Ah, now this is solidly well done! Characterizations all spot-on and finely detailed, shown realistically in the moment and in the larger context against which they've been developing, and are now pushed into higher gear under the pressures of sudden death and the stresses of survival. Credible handling of the aftermath of a gruesome adventure, also shown. Even the OC who perishes gets his due, and it's all a very smooth read.

:) I would say all those days and nights refining this have paid off handsomely!
EmeraldStarOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 5 . 7/19/2014
This is a great chapter and once again, I'm glad you added it. :) I think the structure is well thought out, starting with Prof B's grateful relief to have Red safely back from the latest mission and his worry over his son's silence, and then using that as the launching pad to find out what happened. The professor showed a sympathetic, insightful understanding of HB's feelings of guilt and grief.

The flashback scene of the mission was great too. You always create interesting and unique foes, and this is one of the best yet - I hope Red does get the chance to have a second go at the entity, given what he learns about it in the first, tragic mission. The visual images were also a highlight. ("White. Gray. Black... and hungry for the red.") For a horror fan like me, this scene had everything you could ever want. I think the physical and emotional awfulness of Ben's grisly death (both from his own point of view and from the point of view of those who could only watch helplessly) was handled with a deft touch, hitting all the right notes and neither overdoing nor underestimating any part of the impact.

Everything was similarly spot-on with the scene afterwards when Red took care of Liz once she'd had her shoulder seen to. It was a very tender and loving interlude, and his dawning realisation that his feelings might not be so one-sided after all was a heart-warming moment in amongst the sadness of the day. It's also true to character that as difficult as the temptation was to resist, he didn't take advantage of the situation, wanting to wait instead until Liz was in full possession of her faculties and not under any sort of emotional duress.

I think this story adds another lovely piece to the picture of Red and Liz's growing relationship. :)
Tippy80 chapter 5 . 7/19/2014
Another great chapter! The sweet intimacy you create between Red and Liz is second to none. Even in sadness there is such warmth. I've mentioned before, I adore your writings and am always so excited to see a new chapter! - Tipps
Life-without-L0ve chapter 4 . 11/11/2013
Okay you have the characters written PERFECTLY! I absolutely love the interactions, the scenes and adore this fic all together! Amazing work, keep it up!
RedCostello chapter 4 . 10/21/2013
Sorry my review took so long, but wow. Reading this again I forgot how great it is. Your stories inspire me to write more of my own, honestly.
I love this story, I don't know what else to write which wouldn't just be other words for that.
RJ chapter 4 . 7/28/2013
Loved this too. Love your writing style, can't wait to read more!
DealingDearie chapter 4 . 6/3/2013
As always, your use of in depth descriptions paints a vivid picture in the reader's mind and the connection between Red and Liz, and the relief at their much needed getaway, is unmistakably evident in the way you write each scene. Great job! ;)
EmeraldStarOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 4 . 6/1/2013
I'm glad you added this chapter - it's absolutely lovely. Once again, you put in so many nice little details that all add to the realism - the difficulty of sleeping with a stone hand, the problem of mattress dip when you're sharing a bed with someone Red's size, the need to get away especially when you're pretty much confined to barracks as it were. As usual, your description of Manning's reactions had me smiling - you capture his personality well along with all the worries that beset him over the most ordinary of things.

I particularly liked the images of nature that your writing conjures up - you write with real feeling for the wildlife and landscape, and I thought Red and Liz's break in the woods was a great idea. The love scene was wonderful - well written and full of earthy feeling, and showing the caring between them. It was a nice surprise to find you'd updated this story.
Cheers
ESSI :)
darkangel8950 chapter 4 . 6/1/2013
Nice chapter, please update soon! :)
EmeraldStarOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 3 . 3/26/2013
What a lovely end to this story. I really liked Manning and Hellboy's conversation - it revealed a depth to Manning that made him so much more than a cardboard cutout, and it showed a surprisingly thoughtful side to Hellboy which was entirely in keeping with his character. I loved the phrase "bureaucratic bravado" :)
EmeraldStarOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
The hints and suggestions in this chapter work so much better than anything explicit ever would. You've written not only a beautifully sensual scene here but also one which has a definite edge when you have Liz think on how love has to be nurtured and not taken for granted.
EmeraldStarOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I love the opening scene here and Hellboy's reminiscences. You've shown his romantic side without taking away anything of his basic toughness, and you've shown why Liz is so right for him. I just loved the line about him thinking back to their first significant touch then qualifying it with the thought that maybe it was only important to him - shows a touching vulnerability lurking beneath all his hard practicality.