Reviews for Loving Liz
MiMiMargot chapter 5 . 3/31
A beautiful chapter again. I loved how you describerd Hellboy's feelings, his affection towards Liz and his inner struggles. Good work!
MiMiMargot chapter 4 . 3/30
And this story just keeps getting better and better! Loved the atmosphere in this chapter! And Christ, was that lovescene hot or what?! I had to read it a couple of times, for it was that good. Might have to come back and read it again tomorrow. :D No, but seriously, good work with this chapter. I can't get enough of the way you write HB and Liz.
MiMiMargot chapter 3 . 3/30
Nice work, again. I loved this little chat HB and Manning had. Yeah, Manning is just a lonely guy, really. It was wonderful how Hellboy understood that. I am loving this story, you write the dialogue very nicely and the characters are so real. It's obvious you have a lot of affection and understanding towards them.
MiMiMargot chapter 2 . 3/29
Oh my God, was that hot or what? Damn that shower scene! :D I just loved this chapter.
MiMiMargot chapter 1 . 3/29
Ah, so romantic! I loved this chapter! And the guys, awwww! Clay and Abe, trying to help Red, so nice. It brought a smile on my lips. Wonderful! Very Well written!
Forest's daughter chapter 5 . 11/13/2016
A more detailed view of HB and his adoptive father, the death of a close associate and then taking care of Liz. This chapter has you portraying HB in all his relationships. He is amazingly strong when he is caring for Liz even though he is in pain himself...
Forest's daughter chapter 4 . 11/13/2016
This was a wonderfully sweet chapter. I often think how the two manage to keep it together when they spend so much time in the underground facility of the BPRD. You have created a gorgeous and well deserved respite for the lovers here. I was a little worried about Manning being a problem but Lon's presence solved that bit out.

I was hoping Liz would set the two idiots on fire. Most guys would run from a strange girl in a dark, deserted island, but men...they just have to try, don't they?
Forest's daughter chapter 3 . 11/13/2016
HB and Manning's relationship has always been on the rocks. I think they just don't get each other at times, even though they are both trying from their ends. It is good to see that you showed Hellboy understanding that Manning is lonely at the Bureau. He has to act the boss over all the agents and it can't be easy managing that lot AND answer to Washington.
Forest's daughter chapter 2 . 11/13/2016
Liz is a very understanding and considerate woman. Perhaps, it is because of the lonely childhood she had that made her so aware of other people's feelings, especially Red. Hellboy could not have asked for a better partner.

You managed to portray Liz's playful side in this chapter. She appears grim most of the time but she really lets loose with HB. He must be the only person to whom she can show her vulnerable side.

Another BPRD scenario, excellently shown. The men are brothers; they let the two lovers have some fun time without being sour about it. I agree with HB that things wouldn't have gone down so smoothly in the Ladies' locker room lol
Forest's daughter chapter 1 . 11/13/2016
You have absolutely humanised Hellboy here. He always had a special place for Liz in his heart and she, for him. They could have saved so much precious time if they just talked to each other but no one ever does that. You did not hurry their pairing and kept it painfully slow and very real.

I also loved the way you captured the feelings of the onlookers- Abe, the Professor and Clay. They are all aware of HB and Liz's feelings but they really can't make HB understand what Liz is going through. This is a very live picture of the relationship dynamics among the BPRD agents when they are not fighting the paranormal.
Lilith Fea chapter 2 . 5/15/2015
"I love when you talk finance to me, babe," for some reason that just cracks me up! XD

You have a wonderful writing style, i have to say you really do justice to the characters! I love how they are both affectionate towards each other without being all mushy! Great work, and i am going to stop talking now and start reading some more!

Lilith fea
sinister-assassin chapter 5 . 7/31/2014
This was really hard to read, but in the best way possible! The horrific account of Hart's death really put a twinge in my gut, both from the macabre nature of it, but also the way you really manage to drive home that he was a person, with a family that loved him and fellow agents who cared greatly for him.

It's nice to see HB reaching out and being the person to steadily care for Liz in her time of need, even when he's grieving, too... and is of course, ever the gentleman when she starts getting a little bold in her medicinally-induced state of goofiness. But I love the recurring theme you've got of him doing the best he can to let her know that he'll never let her fall, and she clearly knows it. And despite her comparatively diminutive size to HB, it warms the cockles of my cold little heart to see that she wants to hold him, and offer some comfort to him in return, as well. Well done!
DealingDearie chapter 5 . 7/22/2014
The emotion, the newfound intimacy, the attention to detail (especially with the medical accuracy)-it's all spot on and perfect! Very strong, powerful descriptions and some nice little moments with Red and co. Great job! ;D
AughraOfEarth chapter 5 . 7/20/2014
Ah, now this is solidly well done! Characterizations all spot-on and finely detailed, shown realistically in the moment and in the larger context against which they've been developing, and are now pushed into higher gear under the pressures of sudden death and the stresses of survival. Credible handling of the aftermath of a gruesome adventure, also shown. Even the OC who perishes gets his due, and it's all a very smooth read.

:) I would say all those days and nights refining this have paid off handsomely!
LadyOfTheSouthernIsles chapter 5 . 7/19/2014
This is a great chapter and once again, I'm glad you added it. :) I think the structure is well thought out, starting with Prof B's grateful relief to have Red safely back from the latest mission and his worry over his son's silence, and then using that as the launching pad to find out what happened. The professor showed a sympathetic, insightful understanding of HB's feelings of guilt and grief.

The flashback scene of the mission was great too. You always create interesting and unique foes, and this is one of the best yet - I hope Red does get the chance to have a second go at the entity, given what he learns about it in the first, tragic mission. The visual images were also a highlight. ("White. Gray. Black... and hungry for the red.") For a horror fan like me, this scene had everything you could ever want. I think the physical and emotional awfulness of Ben's grisly death (both from his own point of view and from the point of view of those who could only watch helplessly) was handled with a deft touch, hitting all the right notes and neither overdoing nor underestimating any part of the impact.

Everything was similarly spot-on with the scene afterwards when Red took care of Liz once she'd had her shoulder seen to. It was a very tender and loving interlude, and his dawning realisation that his feelings might not be so one-sided after all was a heart-warming moment in amongst the sadness of the day. It's also true to character that as difficult as the temptation was to resist, he didn't take advantage of the situation, wanting to wait instead until Liz was in full possession of her faculties and not under any sort of emotional duress.

I think this story adds another lovely piece to the picture of Red and Liz's growing relationship. :)