Reviews for Justified
Guest chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Bullshit. Elena cleaned up herself.
kylagee chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
Wow... That was super great writing and such a deeper look into what damon really thinks with his 160 years of wisdom. Super impressed and definitely going to read the other story.
Schumibabe chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
Fantastic! One of my favourite scenes of the whole series and you absolutely nailed it. I hate the fact that the scene came to such an abrupt end when there was so much more they could have shown. But this finishes it off perfectly.
Alumfelga chapter 1 . 7/3/2013

I've read some great fanfics that are from Damon's point of view but I'm always surprised and delighted when the author writes Damon's thoughts so perfectly that I just "feel" he's right. Maybe because Damon's still kind of a riddle for me and I don't always know what he is going to do or what does he think (and that's why he's my favourite character in TVD - because he can surprise me) and I think it is exstremely hard to write from Damon's POV - but it's a pure pleasure to read it :)
I'm amazed how well does this story describe Damon. Not only his way of talking (and inner monologues - so Damon's style) but also his opinions. I have to quote some sentences I really, really liked:

"Stefan's fucking diet is not the answer, and it never will be the answer because it's the problem."
"Blood is not the problem. Blood is the answer."
YES. I'm still impressed how you summed the whole blood thing in these three short sentences :)

"The only thing worse than usually being right is the fact that no one ever listens to me. Nope. They wait until it's all fucked up, and then they came and ask for my help cleaning up the mess that could've been avoided if they'd only just listened to me in the first place because I'm always right."
It's sad but true. Of course, Damon's not always right (not when emotions confuse his judgement and he does something stupid) but he is good in predicting people's behaviour. It's sad that in nine cases of ten, his rational words are being ignored as Elena, Stefan and everyone else do some naive things that maybe will work/they hope it will work/are suppossed to work and never work. By the way, I think it's one of reasons Damon got genuine friends with Liz Forbes - because she really wanted his advice and listened what he was saying, and even when she had a diffrent opinion and decided something else that he suggested, she didn't ignored his words.

"She's miserable, just like I said she would be. And dammit, she is infuriating because she should be bearing her soul to Stefan. He is her choice, and this should be his problem. But how I can refuse her? How can I turn away from her when she's so obviously desperate? For now, in this moment, she's chosen me, and I'm so pathetic that that's enough."
This is so Damon. Some people keep saying, "why didn't he leave after Elena chose Stefan?" But he definately CAN'T, not when she keeps coming back to him when she needs help. Because yes, in these moments she chooses Damon and I feel that Damon totally gets that this way.

"Elena is not a damsel, but Stefan seems determined to turn her into one. He wants to make her into him so he can swoop in and be the hero and save her but really save himself. "
There is an interesting scene about Stefan in 4x07. Elena is attacked by Jeremy and Stefan saves her. Morever, even when Elena is perfectly capable of taking the wooden piece out of her neck, Stefan insists on helping her - because he needs to be a hero for Elena. And then he says he's afraid Jeremy went crazy, just like he didn't know earlier what will happen when Jer becomes a hunter, which is a lie, and he tries to manipulate Elena to believe he's doing all this to SAVE her. Stefan's "save Elena" complex is very unhealthy because, as you said, he needs to save Elena to save himself.

"Just my hand, where it will fucking hurt because she'll have to really work to get the blood to flow, and she'll be able to stop easily if (no, when) she wants to, and she can stand over there and not touch any other part of me."
I loved the explanation. And that someone finally noticed that the hand wasn't the best place to drink from, and it is so meaningful that Elena drinks from Matt's neck but she drinks only from Damon's hand.

"She rubs against me, and I am going to come in my pants like a teenager because that's exactly what she makes me again, but when I shift my hips away from her, so she's not pressing against me, so she doesn't have to feel me, she moves too, once again right where she fits like she's made to be right there, and for all the layers of clothes between us, I've never felt so close to anyone."
Last words - no comment. *Delena feelings*

"I want to crush her to me and kiss her and whisper all sorts of promises, but this isn't about me."
Another so-Damon thing. Stefan makes a lot of moments about him, he talks about himself all the time but Damon doesn't. He really made this like it wasn't a big deal because this was what Elena needed and he can't be selfish with her.

What can I add? I'm glad I found this story. It perfectly explains why Damon did what he did and how he felt about it. I really liked your ending, it suited the whole scene. I'm definately going to read Bourbon Before Breakfast and your other stories :)

Dolphingirl32173 chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
omg! "kind of personal" he says. like anyone with eyes can't see that it's INTIMATACY on a whole other level from sex. great write!
MiQuerida 8142 chapter 1 . 5/11/2013
Wow you are so right; this may be the most intimate moment of TVD. I really wished that the show explored it more because that scene was EPIC. Have you read the books? Blood-sharing is done quite a bit and really well written
gillasue345 chapter 1 . 3/4/2013
This was quite good.
DamonForPresident chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Wow. That was really good. And I went over to Bourbon Before Breakfast and read them all in one day. Keep writing - especially now, during the mini-hiatus, we all can use some good fanfiction...
mabscifiromantic chapter 1 . 2/9/2013
A bit sad but, a good take on Damon's frame of mind after Elena and Ric die and it's back to
"It will always be Stefan"
moonandstar331 chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
Wow, this was great! Damon was so full of emotion, so willing and hopeful, yet knowing at the same time that he can't cross that line with Elena, at least not yet. No matter how bad he may want to, no matter how much we all want him to! You did a great job with his emotions!
ElvishGrrl chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
This was maybe sadder even that the one-shots designed to draw tears.
You're very right - you write Damon perfectly.

Wasn't sure about this one cause I didn't like the scene at all in the show, but...I was wrong. I loved this. Obviously, it's you.
ali chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
this is amazing!
catlady45 chapter 1 . 11/28/2012
Loved it. I also wondered about where his head was during that whole (super hot) debacle. Nailed the character, I think, particularly his thoughts on stefan.
dnkdreams chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
I am with you on wanting more explanations as to what happened. I went back and re-watched that scene as well. I think you nailed it. I know your story didn't include the vampire hunter, but let me say, after re-watching the episode to see this scene, I am so glad they killed him off. He was awful! Headed over to read Bourbon for Breakfast!
IDesireDelena chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
Oh Gawwd! I love this to pieces. Damon feels, it's heartbreaking.