Reviews for In the Service
AustralianRanger012 chapter 3 . 2/3
Operation Abidjan. The footage. That was a brainwave if ever there was one, well done!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/16/2013
So I finally made the "Avengers" plunge. You were right - it's pretty awesome. And I'm kind of in love with Hawkeye now. As always, I thoroughly enjoyed your writing! I hope you're doing well.
Dahlia chapter 4 . 8/4/2013
Excellent.
Like you, I prefer my fics with a little bit of teeth, and reality. Fluff has its place, don't get me wrong, but I usually don't prefer it. The post-NY fiasco walk on the carrier carries more truth to it than all the Hawkeye-allowing-himself-to-get-beaten-up-by-cowor kers-'cause-he-is-angsty fics, and I thank you for that.
By the by, the Juan Valdez to Exxon Valdez line is hysterical.
Thanks.
Photogirl1890 chapter 4 . 7/8/2013
I like Barton's thoughts on Thor and Stark at the beginning. Is all good.
"who measures time in the service of truth?"
"mark the ledger, then shut the drawer until the account falls due" - nice
That whole Loki-control section was pretty creepy.
Very appropriate final line.
Photogirl1890 chapter 3 . 7/8/2013
I particularly liked the observations:
"They're partners, where they used to be solitudes, and it works."
"toxic blend of tribal and personal resentments masquerading as a political cause."
"At least Clint hopes his fellow agents are dead; mobs are capable of worse things."
"Dupré obviously did not feel very secure in the love of his people."

and that's affecting stuff at the end of the ch. with the injured kids.
And then the lighter moments: "Barnes and Noble " "Starfleet issue red shirt." !

Great writing
Photogirl1890 chapter 2 . 7/8/2013
Clint Barton reading Shakespeare? hmm, finding that hard to picture!

But, some bits that stood out:

Clint's swearing changing from "cluster munitions" to "smart bombs" - nice one!
The ref. to that region (Georgia/Caucasus) as "a place where the earth shakes as often and as violently as the political landscape."
"Clint wonders briefly what it's like for the people who live here, carving moments like this out of a world too often shattered by men for whom peace means business lost."
"Her future, focused in a point of black metal."
"reason lies sprawled across the backseat, carefully cuffed and still tranqued."
"Just throw her out of the jet. We're still over the Atlantic." - chilling
Photogirl1890 chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
"Kevin Costner"! "May the Force be with you, Coulson" and "a bit of neon fixture comes off and falls down somewhere around Vanuatu." - lol!
but more seriously:
"Clint can sure see how Mbuto's people need a professional to look out for threats, since their eyes seem to be perpetually glued to the floor for fear they might catch their boss' attention." - just so much in that one line, how creepy the guy is, how creepy such people are in RL

Great chapter
hawkeyeforever chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
This was utterly wonderful - a great relaxation read on a hot Friday afternoon. I've been trying to find time off to read it. I'm super glad I did. You write wonderfully, especially about Clint and Natasha. Happy Writing:)
kyri0sity chapter 4 . 4/16/2013
Beautiful! It's worded so well, feels like I'm right there. Love the way you write the characters & their interactions.
Avenging Archer chapter 3 . 2/26/2013
Ok so I skipped only what I needed to and kept reading. Too good not to! Another brilliant chapter. Loved the interactions of the teams and Fury's Barnes and Noble slip...priceless! I also loved that Clint ran back into the French doctor. AND that you show us Abidjan (which is also in the clip where Coulson calls Natasha. Didnt notice it in the other scene).

And the whole Mr and Mrs Barton with adopted children... I wonder if your version of them has Natasha sterile? Because I can see them one day adopting kids. :)

Thanks for another wonderful chapter!
Avenging Archer chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Started reading this a few weeks ago and didnt get a chance to review or finish! Absolutely enjoyed the tone of this chapter. Especially Clint stealing Hill's coffee. Brilliant! A very interesting take on Clint's coming to SHIELD and his first mission.

Started to read the next chapter and was loving it until I realized who the target was. I had to stop because I'm avoiding any Clint spares Natasha fic for now until my own version is polished. But I'm looking forward to coming back and reading it! :)

Thanks for the great writing!
theaterinspired chapter 4 . 1/25/2013
Lemme give you an idea of something:
I started reading this at 3 this afternoon. Read it until I had to go buy a text book. Then read it when i came back until it was time for dinner. Then I tried to read it while my roommate was watching a movie with friends. Then I tried to read it while playing the board game clue. I was trying to read this when the fire alarm went off for my dorm. Its now 1:26 in the morning, and I just finished this story.
Why did I do that, you may ask? Why didnt I just stop and read it tomorrow?
BECAUSE ITS AMAZING! You have clint as a character down perfectly in my opinion. You have a beautiful sense of writing. You did really well with describing things without making me bored (which is impressive because i dont like everything being described normally). you clearly did your research in any and all sense of the idea.
so really, fantastic job. you did a really great job :D
adara-greenleaf chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
FANTASTIC! Epic, amazing, SO GOOD! These words of praise do not to this chapter, or your writing in general, justice. For that I am sorry. I wish I could come up with better words to describe how painful, and exhilarating, and heart-wrenching, and awesome it was to read this last chapter...and this fic as a whole. You are, simply put, one of the THE BEST (top three, actually) fanfic writers I have ever had the privilege of reading and I am so HAPPY that you write in a fandom and ship that I adore. I really, really hope that you plan on writing more Avengers, and most especially Clint and/or Clint/Tasha fics. I, too, am a fan of Star Trek Voyager, so I may even read your Tom Paris fics because you are such a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing this amazing story.
adara-greenleaf chapter 3 . 12/20/2012
"the guy might as well be wearing a Starfleet issue red shirt" Freakin' hilarious!

This was a an action-packed, thrilling, sad, amazing chapter! You really know how to write. Of course, I totally loved the Mr and Mrs Barton bit. That was just awesome, and very heart-warming. I also loved the bit about Hawkeye's quiver being worth "a little less" than a young boy. That actually brought a tear to my eye. I know he's a fictional character and all, but I am proud to say that I am a fan of Clint Barton. He's just so much MORE than he's made out to be. Natasha, too. Thanks for writing this.

On a side note: I think it's great you donate to Doctors Without Borders.
adara-greenleaf chapter 2 . 12/20/2012
Man, Coulson is so freakin' cool. I hate Hill, too, so I totally love that Clint fucks with her because he can...as well as because she's a bitch.

This was a very interesting take on their first meet. I am quite impressed with it. I can't wait to read the rest of this fic. It's super fantastic so far!
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »