Reviews for In the Service
kyri0sity chapter 4 . 4/16/2013
Beautiful! It's worded so well, feels like I'm right there. Love the way you write the characters & their interactions.
Avenging Archer chapter 3 . 2/26/2013
Ok so I skipped only what I needed to and kept reading. Too good not to! Another brilliant chapter. Loved the interactions of the teams and Fury's Barnes and Noble slip...priceless! I also loved that Clint ran back into the French doctor. AND that you show us Abidjan (which is also in the clip where Coulson calls Natasha. Didnt notice it in the other scene).

And the whole Mr and Mrs Barton with adopted children... I wonder if your version of them has Natasha sterile? Because I can see them one day adopting kids. :)

Thanks for another wonderful chapter!
Avenging Archer chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Started reading this a few weeks ago and didnt get a chance to review or finish! Absolutely enjoyed the tone of this chapter. Especially Clint stealing Hill's coffee. Brilliant! A very interesting take on Clint's coming to SHIELD and his first mission.

Started to read the next chapter and was loving it until I realized who the target was. I had to stop because I'm avoiding any Clint spares Natasha fic for now until my own version is polished. But I'm looking forward to coming back and reading it! :)

Thanks for the great writing!
theaterinspired chapter 4 . 1/25/2013
Lemme give you an idea of something:
I started reading this at 3 this afternoon. Read it until I had to go buy a text book. Then read it when i came back until it was time for dinner. Then I tried to read it while my roommate was watching a movie with friends. Then I tried to read it while playing the board game clue. I was trying to read this when the fire alarm went off for my dorm. Its now 1:26 in the morning, and I just finished this story.
Why did I do that, you may ask? Why didnt I just stop and read it tomorrow?
BECAUSE ITS AMAZING! You have clint as a character down perfectly in my opinion. You have a beautiful sense of writing. You did really well with describing things without making me bored (which is impressive because i dont like everything being described normally). you clearly did your research in any and all sense of the idea.
so really, fantastic job. you did a really great job :D
adara-greenleaf chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
FANTASTIC! Epic, amazing, SO GOOD! These words of praise do not to this chapter, or your writing in general, justice. For that I am sorry. I wish I could come up with better words to describe how painful, and exhilarating, and heart-wrenching, and awesome it was to read this last chapter...and this fic as a whole. You are, simply put, one of the THE BEST (top three, actually) fanfic writers I have ever had the privilege of reading and I am so HAPPY that you write in a fandom and ship that I adore. I really, really hope that you plan on writing more Avengers, and most especially Clint and/or Clint/Tasha fics. I, too, am a fan of Star Trek Voyager, so I may even read your Tom Paris fics because you are such a pleasure to read. Thank you for sharing this amazing story.
adara-greenleaf chapter 3 . 12/20/2012
"the guy might as well be wearing a Starfleet issue red shirt" Freakin' hilarious!

This was a an action-packed, thrilling, sad, amazing chapter! You really know how to write. Of course, I totally loved the Mr and Mrs Barton bit. That was just awesome, and very heart-warming. I also loved the bit about Hawkeye's quiver being worth "a little less" than a young boy. That actually brought a tear to my eye. I know he's a fictional character and all, but I am proud to say that I am a fan of Clint Barton. He's just so much MORE than he's made out to be. Natasha, too. Thanks for writing this.

On a side note: I think it's great you donate to Doctors Without Borders.
adara-greenleaf chapter 2 . 12/20/2012
Man, Coulson is so freakin' cool. I hate Hill, too, so I totally love that Clint fucks with her because he well as because she's a bitch.

This was a very interesting take on their first meet. I am quite impressed with it. I can't wait to read the rest of this fic. It's super fantastic so far!
adara-greenleaf chapter 1 . 12/20/2012
Wow, this was incredibly well written and FUNNY! "Flying monkeys," "The carnie can read," and "May the Force be with you" top of favs list, but overall, the entire thing made me laugh out loud. This fic also made me proud to be a fan of Haweye. There is so much more to that man than I think most people (and the movie, as much as I loved it) give him credit. He totally deserves his own flick, and I hope to hell TPTB end up making it. In the interim, however, I will content myself with superbly written fanfic like yours.
sv4me chapter 4 . 12/18/2012
Wow. Just wow. More chapters to come I hope? Thanks for writing!
robbstarkswoman chapter 4 . 12/11/2012
This is absolutely fantastic.
I love how Clint thought about all the missions and trying to help people.
Well done.
Petpolka chapter 4 . 12/6/2012
loved it! read it... saved it...

Hawaiichick chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
Loved how you tied in the movie to your story. I also loved the glimpse of life before the Avengers in the previosu chapter. And that undefined relationship between Clint and Natasha defiantely makes me eagerly anticipate for more. I absolutely adore how you write Clint. A smart-ass that is also smart. :) How can you resist that combination?
Guest chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
WOW...this is going to be an awesome story...I can tell. Love your writing style. Your Clint is a bad-ass! Looks like the start of a beautiful working relationship with Clint and Phil.

Absolutely love that little backstory with the "Archers Do It With A Recurve" mug and the competition and his unconvetional way with a bow and arrow. Oh yeah! Point to Jeremy Renner and Clint Barton! :D (I never did like the smug tone in that on-line article by that archery instructor...) BTW, I got a huge smile on my face picturing Clint drinking from that mug.
lifechiaroscuro chapter 4 . 11/26/2012
Great fic!

Caity :)
Skysalla chapter 4 . 11/19/2012
Phenomenal story! I really liked this take on Natasha's recruitment and enjoyed the look at their history together. REALLY GOOD. Keep up the awesome work!
67 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »