Reviews for In the Service
SLynn chapter 4 . 11/16/2012
I love your take on all of this and especially your voice for Clint. This was a fantastic read!
photo41 chapter 4 . 11/14/2012
NO IT CAN'T BE DONE

ITS THE BEST CLINT FIC I'VE EVER READ
Joyfulnerd chapter 4 . 11/14/2012
Thanks for sharing this story. I always enjoy reading your work and this was no exception. You write incredibly well and your stories draw me in every time. I hope this won't be your last jaunt into the Avengers universe.
KJaneway115 chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
This is really good, AF. It's so interesting to read something from another fandom that I know nothing about. I know nothing about any of these characters, yet I feel like I know Clint after reading this chapter. You drew me in immediately - I was interested in what was about to happen from the very first. And this: "If you want a flying monkey, sir, I know a circus." - perfect :)
deviantly chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
ummm, wow. yes. your last line couldn't be more perfect. really enjoyed this story, the last chapter in particular :) thanks!
TheNaggingCube chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
I hate that this is over. I want 2nds and 3rds. You got so much in this chapter without a rush or loosing the important and wonderful bits.

Bravo.
CrlkSeasons chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
"Doors open from both sides." - and, I suppose, can close from both sides too. What a treasure trove for ideas.
"There are no Standard Operating Procedures for what they've got here, and Clint feels perfectly entitled to make some up." That pretty effectively set things up for this chapter.
The description of Clint controlled by Loki - chilling.
Egyptian Princess chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
Perfecto.
ladygris chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
Choices are definitely good, especially when they've been taken from you.

I thoroughly enjoyed this chapter! It's such a unique look at the events of the movie, going through them from Clint's POV rather than just rehashing the whole thing. I think my favorite part, though, would have to be Hill visiting and reminding him of what she knows: he's not what Loki made him. It'll take time for it all to settle in, but seeing Hill portrayed as something more than just an arrogant little snit was nice.

Great work!
Egyptian Princess chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Normally I don't favorite stories at the first chapter, but this one was written so well, so thoroughly that I couldn't resist. Very much enjoyed the details and humor you've conveyed. And I "greatly dislike" Agent Hill anywho, so kudos to you for making her just as annoying here.
Shazrolane chapter 4 . 11/13/2012
I loved this - the way you portrayed Loki's possession of Clint, the attack on the helicarrier and the aftermath...the way Clint doesn't know how the other agents will feel and act towards him...using the coffee mug as a perfect medium for showing that dichotomy... this was really well done.

Your characterization of Hill was spot on too. Too many authors either make her out to be a cold hearted bitch with no redeeming qualities, or someone who's warm and fuzzy. You've managed to get that middle ground, where she's tough and no nonsense, but still human enough to know that Barton missed her during the shoot out. And I love the whole coffee exchange that's been going on during this story.

This is one of my favorites!
Runawaymetaphor chapter 3 . 11/13/2012
"He and Natasha take point in taking out the guards silently, one by one, and Clint lets Johnson figure out for himself that 'Alpha' is only a letter, by making the guy retrieve his arrows for him."

1. Eww. Just... eww.

2. I think we both know, as do many hundred (thousand?) readers here that Alpha is more than a letter. ;-)
tayababy chapter 3 . 11/5/2012
Wow. About your frequent flyer miles, that's heaps because you do a hell of a lot of flying.

I'm also really enjoying this; you do Clint and Natasha so damn well, and I almost want you to create another universe, because that would be epic and amazing!
Isilarma chapter 3 . 11/5/2012
This is brilliant. I really like the whole idea; it makes sense that there would be less clear cut missions, and you've handled the whole concept really well. All the characterisations are perfect too.
Qweb chapter 3 . 11/4/2012
Love the writing on this and am in awe of the action.
effecting regime change in a country named after the body parts of an endangered species - nice line.
I can tell you what time of year your story is set. Jacarandas only bloom in late spring, in May here in California.
Looks like Hill is a convert now.
Thanks for the story.