Reviews for Fear Unrelenting, Seen Darkly
Pure speculation, but...

These "Outsiders", are they actually humans in real life, on our side of the 4th wall, representing the real forces that craft these realms of fiction? Is the ultimate point of this tale one big 4th wall break?
Right What Is Wrong chapter 6 . 1/22
Excellent story. You cut it off just on the right side of infinite ascent, which would have turned this into morbid humor rather than horror.

On the bright side, you additionally implied the Outsider WAS the final layer of ascent by implying it was the source of all distortion. That helps.

...is it wrong of me to consider that, on a meta level, the Outsider is the canon's writing team and/or you? After all, the writing team DID wantonly induce dark matter into the world to serve THEIR plot, and you trapped the Darkness into your Mass Effect universe to serve YOUR plot...
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 5 . 1/22
So, I don't know how aware you are of a RPG called Hc Svnt Dracones, but the Outsider you describe here is actually damn near identical in scope and scale to the entities referred to as Hydra and Ra. There's a lot of crossover in terms of ability to interact and perceive higher dimensions and such. I was just wondering if you were familiar with it, and if not, possibly point out somethign that may be of interest to you.
KrossPhelps chapter 1 . 11/19/2017
Im kinda terrified now.
Mab's Mad Fiddler chapter 6 . 10/30/2017
There are not words for the pure, existential horror that you have written here. I think I get the idea you are going for; beings that are born able to use the Power can handle it less dangerously than those who gain access through technology, but it is still dangerous. In the end, an even higher dimensional being noticed the pitiful lower dimensions, and discovered they are crunchy and taste good with hot sauce.
And even if our universe somehow overcomes this Outsider, how long until they attract something even greater than it? And how long until we ourselves become the Outsider, feeding on other realities to power our own fight against higher beings? You've set up a world were the End is simply a matter of time, and can only be delayed, not stopped.
AnthonyR89 chapter 5 . 10/29/2017
...Volus-Vorcha Combine? seriously?
Broistdued chapter 6 . 6/14/2017
Ahahahaha
Skadarken chapter 6 . 10/4/2016
Nice ending buddy. Extremely nice ending. Nice way to show this universe might never be really safe.
WTF?! I had shivers reading this fic. Actual shivers, the ones caused by what if..? I sometimes wonder where you get these ideas from. But now I can say with complete confidence that I don't want to know. Thank you for this fic. See ya on the next one.
Skadarken chapter 5 . 10/4/2016
Typo:
"as she along saved us." - "as she alone saved us."
Sir Floopy chapter 6 . 6/28/2016
Well, that was a well-written mindfuck. If I look outside, the sun now looks less bright, and all the colors more muted. I am an insect. The Reapers are insects. The Leviathans are insects. The Darkness are insects... As some others have said, I think you would be good at writing your own galactic horror story.

As a side note, you and your stories are the direct inspiration for my sudden influx of watching movies and reading stories about Things Not Meant To Be Fucked With, especially sci-fi, extradimensional-manipulation stuff.

I'll have to disagree with Vigil on human religious texts being our greatest works, but it's a touching send-off for everyone's favorite troll.

And after reading about the Leviathans and their backstory, I hope they all died in horrible, horrible pain. I look forward to seeing your ME3 ending, and how exactly we will "put two and two together in horror."
griezz chapter 6 . 6/20/2016
Wow... just... wow. Thank you so much... for that depressing doctoral thesis of doomgloom. I feel like the only way I might regain something approaching emotional equilibrium would be an armful of chocolateas many seasons of "My Little Pony", mixed in with old DVD SET of Barney the purple dinosaur.
saintjimmy84 chapter 5 . 3/2/2016
It's intriguing to me that while a high priest of the hanar ascendancy clearly spoke up in rebuttal, the hanar ascendancy was not, itself, part of the voting body that enacted all those laws.

I've had another thing in my mind lately. If benezia is regenerating, what of Saren, who fairly clearly had some of the same dark tech installed in him?
saintjimmy84 chapter 2 . 2/17/2016
Heya. Been reading up on this now, since it reflects on a lot of things which apparently will be important as the series continues. Just wanted to point out what appears to be a small mis-phrasing towards the end.

You say "If I knew now what I knew then, I would have stopped this nightmare at that point..."

Pretty sure it should be swapped; "If I knew then what I know now..."

Cuz, you know, the Catalyst *does* know now what he knew then. That's called memory. But he didn't know then what he knows now; that's called foresight, which apparently he lacked. ;-D
Magyx chapter 6 . 12/30/2015
Now this is some of the hardest scifi I've read in a long while, and an excellent chapter in the OSABC epic. I am truly amazed by there sheer enormity of your imagination. Kudos!
snow snake chapter 6 . 11/6/2015
...F*cking chilling...

Love it.
Once you're done with ME write some original fiction like this and you'll be remembered along side the Poe's and Lovecraft's of literature.

I have no words; just shivers and feelings of unavoidable insignificance face to the universe.