Reviews for What Might Have Been
Guest chapter 18 . 4/8/2015
I love this story PLEASE continue! I really hope we get to some Galeniss soon and that no one is in trouble.
bigtimebosco chapter 1 . 4/3/2015
i love your stories they are the best
Guest chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
I can't really express how excited I am for this chapter. I have been waiting for a long time for an update and it was worth it. This is the best fanfic I have ever read and you are a great writer.
Guest chapter 18 . 3/23/2015
Loved the chapter so glad you are continuing with the story, this is one of my favourite Galeniss stories. you are a very talented writer, I like how you make the story very serious and you highlight just how sad and dreary life is for them in 12, especially Gales line about him killing himself and it still not being enough.. left me with goosebumps ! on a lighter note I like how you keep some humour in there, I loved the whole shirt incident hehe. I might have to go back and read it again for a 3rd time !
cant wait to see where this goes
x
vero81 chapter 18 . 3/22/2015
Amazing chapter! I love, love, love this story! I felt so badly for both Gale and Hazelle. I'm So glad that they were each able to place themselves in the others shoes and try to let go of their respective guilt. I'm glad that Hazelle acknowledged that Gale needs to do something but wants him to be smart about it. I felt sorry for Katniss because she wanted to comfort both of them but is so uncomfortable with emotions. I'm glad she's starting to see the need for rebellion. I can't wait to see how the rebellion develops. I'm dying for Katniss to finally realize what she's feeling for Gale is desire and do something about it! Please continue with this story!
Abigail25 chapter 18 . 3/15/2015
Awesome chapter!
HOC97 chapter 18 . 3/14/2015
First of all, can I just say this is one rad fanfic! This is seriously the best I've read in a really long time. You've got a perfect balance of fluff and drama and I love how you have this great length to the chapters. It really is such a grate story. Total admiration for you and your writing ability.
In relation to this chapter; I love how Hazelle just gets so concerned about her sons she gets really passionate and her energy just collides with Gale's giving this huge explosion of emotions ( the apple didn't fall far from the tree). Also the ending :o such suspense! Can't wait for the next chapter.
Oh and just a quick suggestion, I think you should do something with Mrs. Everdeen, maybe have her emerge from the room at least once or something like that.
Anyway, grate story once again, it's filled up a lot of sleepless nights for me lately and I can simply not express just how much I've been loving it so far :). 5/5
P.s. I wanted to wait to give this long review until I was caught to date. Okay so bye! _
Aliza chapter 13 . 3/10/2015
there is no hunger games, right? Then why is haymitch so rich and lives in victors' village? And I think you mentioned tesserae once or twice...
CGreene chapter 18 . 3/10/2015
Oh lordy, the exchange between Mama H and Gale...intense and painful and perfectly done. I'm so impressed right now.

Hazelle's remarks are cutting, but, I see where she's coming from, though...still, hard. Poor Gale.

And Gale's anger is pure and awesome here. A bit frightening, but totally justified. (and you do the best angry Gale I've ever seen, btw, I'm constantly in awe of how you toe the line but never go so far that I find him ridiculous, unsympathetic, or crazy or scary or something.)

Ahh, that portion size detail...

And I love Gale's realization here. I love his rebel self. And I too am a big picture logic person, so I can't help but kind of cheer him on here as sad as it makes me considering what it might mean in the short term to his family. I'm so glad Gale's come to this though. I love you for it.

"You want me to think about family? Well I do, and I'm going to kill myself in the process and it still won't be enough..." Hazelle kind of deserved that there, but damn, so good...so good. (and I like how Hazelle sees his point there at the end). And then I love her acknowledging he's right and can fight at the end and mentioning the underground rebellion. You're setting up so much potential right now! So good! And Ahh! The Peacekeepers!
CGreene chapter 17 . 3/10/2015
Oh my goodness, the drama with the Game. Little Rue! How sweet Thom and Ansley are (I'm seriously loving them. You make me want to start fanfic off your fanfic about them, for real...)

And then, omg, everything else is so intense. Rue! Rory! Gale!

I can hardly handle this! (and I've already read it once!)
CGreene chapter 16 . 3/10/2015
Ohh, poor Gale at the beginning here. He has to deal with so much, and still putting his family's and friend's emotions before him, being strong because they need him to, ack, that gets to me. (And makes me swoon and remember why I love this boy so much.)

And, serious drama and intrigue with the Games! You're a truly talented writer, please don't ever doubt it. Not only do you have some to of the best conceived and realized characters here (and not just G and K, but Hazelle, Rory, Thom, Maura), but you've got an intriguing plot developing, and this budding romance, and everything is so perfect. You're brilliant. Thank you for this. So very well done.

And that "because Ansley is being nice and sharing with him," line, "nothing's better than when a girl shares." I loled at that. Love that bit of humor snuck in, and love that you still make Gale humorous in the face of all this awful.
CGreene chapter 15 . 3/10/2015
Omg, the moment with Rory. I was so fraught, so heart-wrenching, so good! And then Thom. I love Thom! I just do. I might even like him more than Gale right now, and I didn't think that was possible.

And ohh! I'm all "awws" right now about their long awaited cuddle scene! It was well worth the wait! So good.
CGreene chapter 14 . 3/9/2015
Ahh, love Mama H here again, "you're losing your temper not punishing," so important to notice. (Also, I was seriously worried what G might do to Vick for a moment before she stepped in). So glad she did, and so glad you clarified that he wasn't certain he was going to beat the hell out of Vick.

Oh, and the "you're not dad!" "believe me, I know" line, so crushing. I just feel so much anguish between those few words and love it. You capture so much if so few details sometimes, I'm still in awe.

And, damn, I was not expecting Gale's name to be called! (I mean, I should have), but damn! And, I don't even know what to believe will happen, b/c you said they were going to cuddle, and you said there'd be no games, but maybe this story got away from you and you changed your mind! Ahh, I was so nervous reading this ending!
CGreene chapter 13 . 3/8/2015
Oh, I loved the intro here. So good. And then, all the awkwardness!

But I really wish Katniss had said what she was thinking about sex being a gamble about another "unexpected mouth to feed or loved one's name in the bowl" out loud to Gale. I wonder what he would have said, and how much he thinks about that stuff. (I mean, he has to, right?)

And you're building up Katniss's slow awareness of how she feels and what she wants so well.
Guest chapter 18 . 3/8/2015
Gaaaa! I am so glad Rory is okay! You wrote a perfect exchange between Hazelle and Gale. I loved the way Katniss navigated her way through their fight and stayed to comfort Hazelle. I really hope you update soon b/c I am not able to stop thinking about why the peacekeepers are there! I love the innocence of Gale and Katniss and them taking soooo long to act on their feeling, though I really hope they do soon! I also hope this has a happy ending for the two of them. They deserve that after all the shit they deal with ( pardon my language). This is an amazing fanfic
543 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »