Reviews for Anticipation
Nieriel Raina chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
emptyword chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
How adorable. Very well-written and entertaining. And why isn't it quite that much of a stretch to believe Glorfindel has had such offers before?
kingmaker chapter 1 . 2/28/2004
Well, I strongly disagree with your assessment of elven sexuality and sexual practices/morals, as I think/hope is made sufficiently clear in the corpus of my works, and I think you are defaming the good character of Haldir by saying that he would suggest that his brother rape an Eldar Lord, but at least you didn't consummate that desire or otherwise explicitly describe disgustingly slashy acts.
Other than my significant problem with the premise, however, the tale is fairly well written and would probably be hilarious if it weren't based on (in my opinion) such an offensive premise.
Of course, that said, I have been accused (and not just in a fanfic setting) of being a homophobe and, based on the fact that all my fics have at least some sexual content or humor, I'm not exactly in the best position to be a Puritan critiquer of others, so I'll shut up now.
And for the record, I have nothing against you personally and do not intend this as a flame, merely a statement of my contention with this story. I'm also quite thankful for the review of Halls.
charlotte chapter 1 . 4/23/2003
I know that you are calling this the end but could you by any chance write a sequal to this story.I really like it because there are so few glorfindel romances that are not homosexual. I would really like to see a different kind of romance for him, as he is one of my favorite characters.
Nilmandra chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
I am torn between feeling immensely sorry for Glorfindel and laughing hysterically! I hope he exacts sweet revenge on Haldir at some point - - I think Rumil has already paid and will continue to pay as he has to live with his memories of his stupidity! Oh, this is priceless!

Poor Glorfindel - desire squashed, people bothering him, unable to romance the one he seems to love...I beg of you, please write a sequel to this!
Mebrireth chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
Goodness, this has to be one of the best pieces of fanfiction I have ever read, and I have read quite a few. I loved all of it, especially the characterization of Glorfindel. I think it was absolutely perfect, and the interaction between him and Rumil is priceless. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of this, your voice and timing is perfect, goodness it was just so good I can't even describe it! You are such a brilliant writer, do you have anything published? I would think so, and if you don't perhaps you should consider it. If you do this well with fanfiction I can't wait to see an original story. Share your gift with the world my friend, and I will be the first in line to buy it!
Teanna chapter 1 . 11/13/2002
Heh heh heh...for a moment there I thought, "oh not another slash!...but, ahhh, the anticipation of a slight twist of plot...Glorfindel being one of my favorite characters (sniff, cut from the film, sob)it's nice to see someone writing him well. Good insight into Elvish culture too.
Soledad chapter 1 . 10/6/2002
Poor Glorfindel. Not a moment of rest is he allowed to have. And a horny Rúmil is beyond hilarious. Now if one would only teach Haldir a lesson... Maybe in a sequel?
Petite Samedi chapter 1 . 9/7/2002
Oh, poor Glorfindel! Pursued by an idiot and he can't get a moment (or longer) alone with his lady. I would *love* to see if Glorfindel will ever have the chance to be alone with Nenglîr, or if problems will keep coming up. I was sympathizing with Glorfindel...but the effect was rather muddled on account of the quiet snickering.
SylvrGypsy chapter 1 . 8/20/2002
This story was swell... I love the way Glorfindel reacted to Rumil's... ah... affections. ;) Will there be more chapters later?
Stories from AngelsFall chapter 1 . 8/12/2002
Beautiful! I always visit the accounts of my reviewers, and I was pleasantly surprised to find this fic. I'm glad that I did. You maintain a wonderful balance between the humor and romance, and your style is lovely. What a wonderful treat for the evening. Thank you. I'll bookmark this one so I can enjoy it again when I need some cheering up!
LasseLanta01 chapter 1 . 8/6/2002
I like this, Glorfindel is one of my favorites and gets far to little time in the book. I enjoyed this piece very much, just the right amount of humor and "anticipation". Please write more as the muse moves you, a talented writer is always appreciated.
vorondis1 chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
Great Glorfindel story! And double edged, too: no pointless slash, no mindless romance. Compliments!
Ithilien chapter 1 . 8/3/2002
I actually stumbled across this story at the Henneth-Annun site, but since there is no place to submit reviews there, I came back to the original source so I could tell you how marvelous this little story is. Oh, such joy to find the elf lord in a het relationship for a change. And how funny to spoof it with a slash set-up. Anticipation. Yep, I was there, waiting for the scenario to fall into place and for Rumil to somehow *seduce* Glorfindel into some wanton sexual encounter. Hooray for you for so evenly resisting that direction and making this a marvelous view of the bright mind of a Balrog-fighting lord. Glorfindel is no sap. Just marvelous. Can you write something more for those of us who want to be your fans? A brilliant beginning this was, and I am agerly awaiting more.
Irena chapter 1 . 7/29/2002