Reviews for Stay
AsumeKona chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
That was wonderful. At first it was a bit hard to understand what the setting was, but once I got that it was just... wow. the little snippets of daily life between the two of them as the were living together on the verge of death. it sounds odd, but it fits their characters so well that they find life there together. Almost in a way of watching eachother's backs they keep eachother sane, keep them human, in this wasteland that Ikebukuro has become. I think their characters are both really good and Izaya's reaction to finding Shizuo asleep on the floor, possibly dead, was very accurate.I really like the segmented way this story was written giving it the feel of time passing as if each part is a journal entry of sorts. I really loved this story.
DokidokiMariel46 chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
oh...OH. This...i almost passed over this because i wasnt sure i could handle angst at 1am, but im glad i read it. It was really good, and described their relationship really great. I liked it alot :) ("kawaii desu requirements" lmaooo)
Chione-chan chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
It didn't make my heart go *pang* but maybe because the way you depicted the deaths of everyone was...if it were a color, gray. Not as in bland, but as in muted, like youre not trying to kill our hearts. Anyway, lovely and bittersweet :)
mountain ash chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
Excellent! Lovely, melancholy little fic, well written/pased. Keep writing!
ky-chan chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
Feels, smut, all the essentials. Damn this was good, I really like how even though it was the end of the world you kept Shizuo and Izaya their normal selves. Great story and I hope to read more. c:
Rushi-Sama chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
I absolutely loved this. It was brilliant, and I'm sorry for only reviewing now (I've been meaning to for months!).

I think you captured their characters perfectly. It was amazing :)
Tomi Masaoka chapter 1 . 1/22/2013
Oh wow horribly morbid but amazing storyline. You developed it well.
Selyann chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Hello, a lousy reader here. I read this the very first day it was published and I loved it dearly. I would always tell myself that I'd review later, and like this over 2 months have passed. How embarrassing.

It's probably my favourite Shizaya fan fic so far. Even though you said it was OOC - I didn't mind. I usually dislike OOC-ness with a passion, so I expected this story to be (at best) so-so. But, I feel that even if there is a bit of OOC-ness, it is well justified and makes sense in this case.

Perhaps it resonates with me all the more powerfully because of the scene where they talked about dreams. Sometimes you don't realise that good dreams can actually be a curse. It is infinitely better to wake up to a better reality from a nightmare than to wake up from a good dream only to realise that it wasn't real. The dead can't be brought back and dreaming about the good times spent with them when they're already gone can be the most painful thing, especially in such a world without anyone.

I'm a sucker for depressing/angsty/dark stories, so it was just my cup of tea. I liked the way you portrayed Shizuo, Izaya and their problems. I felt that they were real, tangible. So unlike the teenage drama in high school stories. I loved it.

I also absolutely adore the scene where Shizuo asked, 'So what does it make us?' and Izaya answered, 'Humans.' Because it sounds so wonderfully Izaya that it makes more sense than anything else would.

If I were to list everything I liked, I'd probably have to copy-paste the whole story, so I'll just stop here and repeat that I'm very glad you wrote something like this.

I hope the review itself will somehow make up for the time it took me to get round to writing it ... I've read 'Just married' as well and I enjoyed it. So, I hope you'll write more for this fandom (Shizaya or not). Take your time. :)
And thanks again for writing this! I'm sure it'll stay (oh, the bad pun) on my favourites list for a long while.

Cheers!
strawberryfangs chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This is a good story. I'm glad it was pointed out to me. I can see the OOCness, but it's still a very good story :3
Nahii chapter 1 . 11/24/2012
*pushes all reviews out of the way because I should have been here FIRST. It is my right as your HLP*
QAQ;;

Okay we're good.

I really love how you wrote this, in bits and pieces, in short snatches of conversation and in little scenes that gives an idea of what it was like for them in the aftermath of the epidemic.
The lack of superfluous wordings was just perfect for what you were trying to convey in their relationship. I also liked how you developed their feelings in this way - little snippets of everyday life that just makes my fangirl heart squee. OH SHIZUO. OH IZAYA. AHHHHH. HSHS.

GAHH. I really love your writing to death even if you never believe me when I say so. You call this half-assery but I call it brilliant!

Write more, babuu.

ps/ my fucking heart and shizaya shaped hole ; )
ShexWasxGone chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This was so cute!
Akatsuki Fatale chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I love this! I was really expecting Izaya to die at the end though :o Idk why, I just felt like Shizu-chan would get attached to him and he would die as well at the very end. *Assuming that happens after the end of the story* I love the way this is written though...once again fanfics prove what a morbid romantic I am Great work!
Eloda chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
XDD Lovely story
The smutt killed me at the end. XDD
Tehee. How can you shizaya look so goooooood in the middle of a dead city? :D
Thanks for the awesome work!
jAyesque chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
Let's see if I can write a coherent review at 5 in the morning. Okaaay, so I've been seriously yaoi deprived, and I'm glad I read this before some of the other mediocre fics in the fandom. Sure, it didn't quite have much smut, but I think the flow was perfect. The short scenes, and rapid changing settings was perfect,and whatever effect you were going for, really worked.

Okay, I should write you a better review some other day.

Great job on this. /favorites.

-J
Guest chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Your writing is really damn good. At first I thought the pacing was too fast, but it all makes sense and in some moments was totally necessary. Loved it!