Reviews for A Favor Owed
Sliven chapter 1 . 4/14
Very nice, your writing makes the story quite believable. At the finish, I was all "aaaaw" and didn't want it to end! Really sweet fic!
PleasantlyPremeditated chapter 1 . 1/31
I've been looking for something like this for a while now and I loved this! Great characterization of both Eowyn and Grima. Very good work. And I found myself enjoying the flow of your writing as well as the story behind it. Good fic. )
orinette chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
Oh jeebus...

That was adorable.
BleachmyNARUTO chapter 1 . 7/12/2013
Fluff and hotness all in one chapter...WOOT!
Amianna17 chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
This is one of the best Grima/eowyn stories I've read! Please don't leave it as a one-shot. It's written so beautifully, I'd love for you to continue it. You do an amazing job of keeping everyone true to character!
purpleygirl chapter 1 . 4/1/2013
Now *that's* gorgeous fluff.

I love how you contrasted Grima-the-bold when it comes to hurt books, with the Grima-the-liquid-courage when it comes to Eowyn.

Love Eowyn's PoV.
Skarlettefox chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
He who burns books will burn in hell. XD
This was awesome!
schlaflos chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
feelings disable me from expressing just how much I loved reading this fic,it's simply brilliant,great job!
Qu0thTheRavenNeverm0re chapter 1 . 11/2/2012
THIS.

THIS. FIC.

For the love of Gimli.

I can't.

I just can't.

If all your fics are like this, then I will explode due to extreme emotional problems before I read them all. But I'll do it anyway.
Zexen Knight chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
I always felt some sort of pity for Grima. He was a pawn and, really, is it so much to consider that he may have wanted love, not just flesh? You have captured his character wonderfully in this and I am amused that his request was only one kiss. A bolder man might have asked for more, but then, as you portrayed, he is not one.

I love the "liquid courage" bit. Has a certain truth to it, doesn't it?

My only problem with this story is now you've made me consider adding a bit of Grima to mine as he seems like fun, but challenging to convey.
paperfirefly chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Firstly I have to say that I am really impressed by how in-character everyone is here; especially Eowyn. It made what happened here so much more believable! Similarly the dialogue between characters was really realistic and engaging... :)

I am very sad that that even after all that effort, she still didn't manage to convince her brother and cousin that she should go into battle. Of course if they had been persuaded then that would leave a great big plot hole in the actual LOTR book. But it would have been nice if they had made some concession in her favour! I feel sorry for Eowyn sometimes; she's the only girl in a family of men, so how can she ever be understood?

When his books were burnt I really did feel sorry for Grima. I never really thought of him as someone who would treasure books before. Seeing him so distraught over them presented him as far more human than the book/movie ever does (it reminded me of Disney's the Little Mermaid, when Ursula's pets Flotsom and Jetsom get killed and she wails 'my babies!' I don't know if you've seen it, haha).

Most of all you carried the kiss of really well, at first I thought she would never consent to that sort of thing as it goes against everything we're told about the two of them, but the whole thing was well written enough that when she did kiss him, I saw it as a perfectly natural thing to do. :)
Dani Jones chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Awe, I absolutely loved this! The lack of lemon works here, and the kiss was just beautiful. :) Great work!
Leila Data chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Wonderful to read your work again! I loved this :)

It hurt to read about all those books getting destroyed though.
Cersia2 chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Good story! By the end of it, I was actually read to see some more Eowyn/Grima action. .. I don't believe Grima was always as 'bad' as he was portrayed in the movies. :P