Reviews for Take Me
sonder this chapter 4 . 7/5
As much as I was surprisedelatedsuspendedindisbelief when Kishimoto answered all our SakuSasu!shippers' prayers, I still found their union random in canon-verse. Realistically, there are a whole lot more obstacles and hashing out that needed to be done before those two could have gotten even close to that point. Makes me miss all these angst stories now that fanfic-writers are spewing out the family!fics. But a muse is a muse and mayhaps one day it shall return to you here.

Now before I hit the praise button, I do have a few saywhat? moments to get out of my head. In chapter 2, you had Kakashi attempt to take Sakura out of the sparring matches to show how he underestimates her and reinforce his protective instinct over this particular student. While both the latter observations are true, he is still a man of logic. To improve not only one' skills and team dynamics, Kakashi would agree the best path is to practice together and that is, to spar and to give pointers. I know you included that scene to emphasize his low view of Sakura but that part seemed too contrived for his type of character. He does have protective tendencies but he doesn't give off the vibe of being the coddling type. With what he's been through, he's already seen the expense to when you're not as prepared as you could be.

Another thing in that same chapter was Sasuke's surprise at Naruto's attempt to hit on Sakura. In the paragraph, it says this was 'news' to him but in their genin days, he was quite present during those times when Naruto tried to score a date with Sakura so why he was taken aback at this? And as much as Naruto has lingering feelings for Sakura, for him to still teasingly flirt with her bewildered me. That may have been their fun dynamic of before but now with Hinata in the picture, he doesn't seem the kind of guy to return to this type of flirtation, 'platonic' fun or not. He may still be emotionally attached to his first love interest but to do this while he's in a relationship with another person seems to be something that would scratch at Naruto's conscience, even if it was not serious. Besides, wouldn't Sakura bring up the topic of Hinata (in a teasing manner or otherwise during her scolding of his antics?)

Lastly, while I did enjoy the laundry scene in the last chapter (which I kinda laughed at too, hah, ahh the parallels between that scene and Sakura's), I still have a hard time pinpointing at what point did Sasuke start getting attracted to Sakura? Alright, her cold mannerisms towards him sparked his attention, he noted that she was pretty offhandedly one time, and he saw that she has obviously been training but there are still some insecurities there that the rest of Team 7 haven't noticed. All of this was built to make a foundation for Sasuke finally paying attention to the neglected member of the group but then suddenly these jealousy bouts come in (such as when he got mad at hearing Naruto's confession towards her, his closeness with her, and Kiba's friendliness)... Even if you have him reacting in a Sasuke-ish manner (ex. i don't know what these feelings are but that boy needs to move, away), his jump to being wary of any potential male admiration towards Sakura - this same person who he didn't really care much for back in their genin days - just seems out of his orbit. Yes, he protected her when they were team members but it was more out of camaraderie than anything, for can we honestly say they were truly friends before he defected? As much as my SasuSaku-heart breaks to say this, they acted more like colleagues forced in a team setting that was back-lit by a one-sided longing from Sakura's side.

But I did promise some praising, didn't I? You definitely balanced Sakura's POV well with the rest of the group's. How you delved into this girl's feelings, especially that tent scene - that was particularly moving. Kakashi's outlook on the two boys' dynamic with the girl in the middle and how he projected his own experience on it - that was well done because you showed as much as there are a lot of similarities there, there are differences too and not all history repeats itself. And the apple thing! Omg... I went crazy over that. Mostly because I love it when authors can extrapolate on 'trivial' details. The way you compared how Sakura painstakingly peels the apple for him VS how she eats it herself and you took that and overlaid the aspect of how she looks after those she cares about but as for herself..? Yessss, yess, yes. Oh and Sasuke's little helper's attempt at copying his (new idol?) - golden.

I don't know if you will /ever/ temporarily come down from the cloud 9 that is canon!OTP but this story had the interesting makings of the psychological trappings our favorite couple could have gone through before reaching canon-dom. 'Tis a nice speculation while it lasted D;
skylar chapter 4 . 11/2/2015
please please please continue this fic! i couldn't stop reading it you are very talented :))
Guest chapter 4 . 10/30/2015
Yesssssssss
HeyJoe0929 chapter 4 . 3/23/2015
Hope you haven't abandoned this and is still planning to finish this story. I kind of felt you were just starting to build the story and I was hoping you'd introduce us to an original plot. The story itself (the first few chapters) is a little bit common so I'm interested to see you make something original and unique out of this.
Skyllu chapter 4 . 3/1/2015
This is SO good. Will you ever finish it?
dark-wolf-howl chapter 4 . 12/16/2014
The story is so well done, are you going to finish it?

Well now we know that Shikamaru married Temari

Please please please finish it?
Guest chapter 4 . 11/16/2014
SasuSaku is CANON! Please, in honour of this, will you add to this story? It's so perfect.
vanilla.twit chapter 4 . 10/4/2014
only found this gem now. thank you so much for this! i hope you update soon
Guest chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Please don't give on this story! It's beautifully written and you've done an amazing job with Sakura's character and introspection.
pink-strawberries chapter 4 . 9/3/2014
Great story, everyone is so in character and it's beautifully written, hope you will be able to update soon :)
Begging You chapter 4 . 8/16/2014
Please update, if you can? This has been (and continues to be) my favorite fanfiction on the entirety of this website. I really would love if you would either continue with it or give it to someone else for them to finish (though I would definitely prefer that you did)...
fangirl chapter 4 . 7/12/2014
aww! this kept getting better and my curiosity is really peaked as to what will happen next. i find sakura's sentiment to be sound and she has the right to feel the way she does. it was a surprise that when they're supposed to be strangers to each other now, sasuke seems to see her for who she is and what she has become while kakashi and naruto seem blind. i also can't help but feel an ache when naruto confessed to her. i really hope you continue this.
betweenwaters chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Your descriptions are really beautiful and the way they move on to the next is brilliant!
Itstimetowakeup chapter 4 . 5/21/2014
Please update soon! Totally fell in love with this fic!
formerlyknownasyay chapter 4 . 5/9/2014
The healing thing scene was nice.