Reviews for Explain It To Me
sir-M-smarty106 chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
I liked a lot of this. They're meant to be. I knew it from the first book/ movie.
nellysh chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
I love it, please write more, more and more
thesecondshelf chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Aw man, this one is great too. I love the banter that still exists even when the awkward tension is gone.. I hope they're like this.

I bow down to you for mastering both Hermione's and Ron's perspective.

thanks for sharing!
-the second shelf
spiritedsunflower11 chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
I am in love with these cute oneshots! Please write more! You are so talented!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
"It's what I felt the first time and a little part of me revels in it and hopes I never lose it: it's the warm rumbling in my stomach of being wanted, of being accepted. Not as the smart little witch, nor as the only daughter, but as a woman who could be loved by a man. By Ron."

What we know of Hermione from the books, is actually not much, and what we glean from them is open to interpretation. My interpretation of her is very close, if not identical, to what you wrote and the quote I am including. I think it is very insightful, actually, not to mention heartbreaking. And that is why I like this story so much. There is the plot and the dialogue, but within the narrative you provide little tidbits about both of them that pierce the heart (soul, spirit, whatever part of a person where we are most sensitive, vulnerable and open) and makes it truthful. Again, it is all in the eye of the beholder, but I behold her this way and many other people like her, I believe, would feel something similar. This is what makes your observation truthful.

"finally moved past Fred's death"

My first reaction to this was a question. Do you really move past a loved ones death? Ever? I don't know what you meant by this, by I can certainly understand how Ron would feel as if he needed "to live up to his brother's name," even if he was still struggling with his death.

"He's right; a bed that was clearly designed for one fairly young girl, with her father downstairs watching football, isn't exactly what you dream about. But it's Ron, so you get what you get and that's enough for me."

So their first time was at her house? Interesting...and then at his flat? I would have thought she had a flat and he lived at the Burrow. I like the change. And I like that she loves him as he is and everything that brings with it, the imperfection of it, and that it is enough for her.

"Not to mention you're brilliant, and that you can have enough patience to love house elves, Harry, Crookshanks, your family, and me without going around the bend. You're lucky you're not completely mad. "

Yes, she is very patient! I hadn't really ever thought of that! And if she weren't such a rational and logical person, she very well might be completely mad after seven years of utter lunacy, evil, and perhaps most importantly, adolescence. Hah! Funny as well. I always appreciate insight along with humor.

"give him a tug and he's all yours."

Did you mean hug? Now if you meant tugging him into bed and then...ahem...well, that would work well on a rabid Weasley as well.

"His eyes are quite... I guess the word is vibrant? His eyes tell a lot about him, and they're the happiest I think I've ever seen them. His mouth is half-open in an adorable, if also completely unbecoming, way and he's struggling for the words. Is he surprised I feel that way?"

When I read this, I felt that I was actually conversing with a friend of mine, who is very emotionally articulate, and who was telling me how she felt about someone she cared for very deeply and knew almost as deeply. Your writing makes me feel as if I am having a private moment with the character. The fact that the character can be honest and say that he is both adorable and unbecoming makes me feel like there is more than a grain of truth behind the words. That is what makes this story so readable.

"Human anatomy, you will be my savior once again."

I really like this line, I don't get it, but I like it and would really like to understand it's meaning.

Please do keep writing these and any other moments you feel called to write. You will have readers and anonymous reviewers like me who look forward to more of your stories.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I think I love these quiet moments the most, too! Which is another way of saying that if you write more of them, I'll definitely read them :).
fanohermione chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
very well done! your characters are true and sweet, its hard to find that around here. good job!
wazlib88 chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I liked this a lot! I really enjoyed the bantering. I think my favorite part was the "just be glad I chose the tosser" line. And the I love yous. I love Romione I love yous. :)
HalfASlug chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
I may have just contracted diabetes.
Them insulting each other, for reasons I can't begin to fathom, was probably my favourite bit. "flummoxing, idiotic man-child", "a bale of hay for hair"... And even Ron's idea of a compliment being "supremely fuckable" was hilarious/aww inducing. I loved the little details, like her touching his leg, that showed that they are comfortable with each other - well, almost. Hermione was brilliantly characterised - it was great seeing her think "this isn't some romance novel, this is Ron, the best I could've expected and all I could ask for."

Fun fact of the day - your profile pic/avatar/whatever it's called was actually what made me want to write Beginning. I'd already done 2 one-shots on the subject but then I saw that and just fell in love with them being all cuddly all over again.

And thank you for the dedication :)
RonaldAndMione chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
This was so great! Loved it, and I think you wrote Hermione's POV quite well! :) Please post more soon!