Reviews for Can't Hurry Love
Guest chapter 4 . 10/12/2014
Keep it going please I love it.
Mimi chapter 4 . 8/20/2014
I wish you'd return and finish this story! I love your work, you're a really good writer! Pete and Jim are my favorite pairing and you portray them so well! I would love to know what happens next in this. Does Pete actually take this woman home or does he come to his senses and realize Jim is the one he really loves and wants? Please finish this!
meme23 chapter 4 . 10/2/2013
More now and malloy needs his ass kicked one good time
Shanleyflower chapter 4 . 12/31/2012
Please continue! I've been enjoying this & would love to see more!
CherryCarver chapter 4 . 12/3/2012
Edgy, almost mysterious psychological reading of the erstwhile lovers. Your attention to small details is superb as you wind through the story; overall, the quality of your writing is far beyond that of most fan-fic. This is one hell of a cliffhanger, but I'm still hoping to see a happy ending for Pete and Jim. Are you really going to wrap this up in one chapter? So much has gone on in the previous entries that it needs perhaps a little more to add to the lush quality of the early moments. Again, your ear for voices is uncanny. Keep up the great work!
Bamboozlepig chapter 4 . 12/2/2012
I love your version of Pete, it's pretty gritty and real, and definitely he's not white knight material. Same with Jim. He's not the perfect pretty boy that everyone thinks he is. Of course you know that flawed characters fascinate the hell out of me because they're infinitely more human and recognizable, therefore easier to understand. I like that both Pete and Jim are having very real problems dealing with their relationship, that it's not cotton-candy, color-within-the-lines perfect.
Ariane Rivendell chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Oh sandy, sandy, sh*t-stirring a storm sandy. sandy sandy-darlin'.

I such awe.

I really do. To think that you - You - who sacrificed critical thinking, compassion and basic human decency to take it upon yourself to carry God's burdens and hang-ups because, Heaven knows, God is such a piss-poor Wuss that He can't deal with it by His lonesome is...well...incredibly sad and arrogant.

How *marvelous* for you to be so Perfect as to be above all humanity, with the God-fearing humbleness of a dictator despot.

That the gay community should be so obligated to justify jacksh*t to you and other like-minded, equally brainwashed sheep, must be so uplifting, so inadequacy-filling, so power-inducing that you don't have to face your own demons. Oh wait, but of course, you have none. You're Perfect. You are on a level with God, to carry his hang-ups for Him (poor, sad, pissed-off, powerless deity that He is).

And to think that you have *anything* to do with any kind of moral or immoral conversation between Georgeshadow and God; to believe that you factor in to *any* gay person's life to that degree must be so...delusional for you. I know if I were God, I would want delusional people to be incredibly rude by involving themselves in things that have jacksh*t to do with them and skew my message of Love and tolerance, too.

From the "West Wing":

"My chief of staff, Leo McGarry, insists on working on the Sabbath.
Exodus 35:2 clearly says he should be put to death. Am I morally
obligated to kill him myself or is it okay to call the police? Here's one that's really important cause we've got a lot of sports fans in this town: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7. If they promise to wear gloves can the Washington Redskins still play football? Can Notre Dame? Can West Point? Does the whole town really have to be together to stone my brother, John, for planting different crops side by side? Can I burn my mother in a small family gathering for wearing garments made from two different threads?"

sandy-dear, you've been wearing garments made from two different threads, haven't you?

NOW who's immoral?
CherryCarver chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
Clearly, "sandy" has been taught to hate by a group of empty heads. Such vile words can only come from the hand of someone who is frustrated by his/her sexual inadequacy. Most of the time, these people wind up acting out their repressed urges in a most public and humiliating way. I'm certain that ignominious day will come for "sandy" before very long.
Sassy Lassie 51 chapter 3 . 11/19/2012
What's immoral is someone coming on here and so publically and rudely condemning another person for their story or lifestyle. No one held a gun to Sandy's head and forced her to read slash, she made the decision to read it on her own and if it upset her, then she should've just closed the story link out instead of berating the author like she did. The Bible tells us "Judge not, lest ye be judged" and Jesus preached love and tolerance, not hatred and bigotry. Sandy, you are entitled to your opinion but your intolerance disgusts me. Instead of spewing off your nasty rhetoric, why not do something kind and caring, like volunteering at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter, or doing something nice for our veterans? After all, it's the vets who fought to guarantee you the right to your narrow-minded opinion, so instead of coming on here and targeting innocent people, why not do something good and decent? And better pray the Jesus forgives you for your sin of bigotry and intolerance.
Sashi4040 chapter 3 . 11/18/2012
Okay, I have to admit I have not read any of your work just because I haven't really had the time to sit down and read (and I'm actually writing this while fixing supper and helping my daughter with her homework, along with trying to ignore my husband as he's yelling at the football game on tv, multi-tasking at it's best), so I can't say anything about your stories because I haven't read them yet (but I plan to, I'm shooting for Christmas, but my guess is the rate I'm going with having no free time, it'll be Easter, LOL). But Bam contacted me Friday and told me about the nasty review you got, so I did get onto the site to read it and I think that lady was WAY out of line. She broke the cardinal rule of reviewing by making the comments a personal attack on you and using the review to air her own moral agenda. I'm the first to admit that I can get harsh as far as constructive criticism, but I've never made my reviews a personal attack on the author or used the comments to air my moral preferences, and when I do leave concrit, I sign in to do it because I feel that gives the author the chance to talk with me if they have any concerns about what I've said, rather than cowardly hiding behind an anonymous name like Sandy did. Like Bam pointed out, stories do have a back button on them and if Sandy was offended by slash, she should not have read the story to begin with or at least stopped reading it when it started upsetting her, rather than bashing you and telling you that what you've written is immoral and you need to find another fandom because she doesn't like slash. Authors on this site in ANY fandom have the freedom to write what they want, they are not required to cater to individual readers' wants or needs, unless they consent to do so. And expecting someone to either change their work to suit one person's specific moral guidelines or tastes in how the canon characters should be portrayed, or telling them they need to find another realm to write in because one person finds their work offensive, that's not only censorship, but also discrimination. So Georgshadow, you have my full support, too, not to mention my utmost admiration because your response to Sandy's review was PERFECT, everything you said was so right on the mark and you did it so beautifully and eloquently. Pete and Jim would be very proud of you! By the way, I actually like the idea of someone posting some good Adam-12 slash on here, it's a nice addition and gives the fandom variety. And Bam has recommended in the past that I read your work, she says you're a writer of high quality and your stories are always fantastically great reads, so I'm definitely looking forward to checking your work out.
SukiSugar chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
I'm one of Bamboozlepig's regular readers and I spotted this issue going down and wanted to speak up. I admit I'm not a big fan of slash, but I do agree that you've got alot of talent as a writer and in comparison to some of the slash I've read, your stuff is always very well done. Sandy should not have denounced your work as immoral if it offended her belief system, she should've just avoided the story, especially since it was labeled as slash very noticably in the summary. Readers shouldn't be hassling the writers on here and trying to force them to write to their specific demands. There's a enough variety on this site that if readers are displeased with one story or writer, there's always another one to enjoy reading. Don't let this get to you and stop you from continuing your work, you have far too much talent to let some tight-assed prude knock you down. You've got my support, too.
ShakespeareCop chapter 3 . 11/16/2012
Apologies that this isn't signed, I'm in mid-break at work and on a laptop computer I borrowed from a coworker, but Kim PM'd me and told me what had happened and I just wanted to drop a quick message to tell you that you have my full support. I think you're an extremely talented writer and an asset to the site, and anyone that wants to argue with that, they can come talk to me. Doesn't matter what you write, no one should be telling you that you have to leave the site because they disagree with your work. As Kim pointed out, that's censorship, plain and simple, and it should not be acceptable on here. So keep your chin up, kid, and don't let this make you stop writing, your talent far outshines anything that I imagine good old Sandy and her kind could come up with.

The Delirium Threemen chapter 3 . 11/16/2012
WOW, I can't believe someone is going to pull the morality game, especially when the summary has the word 'SLASH' in capital letters. Whether slash is or isn't your cup of tea is irrelevant. This writer shows remarkable talent. Unless there is something in ffnet guidelines that prohibits slash - which I don't recall seeing the it is obvious that the reviewer sandy is out of line with her remarks. There's this word called 'tolerance' and what that means is even if you don't agree with how someone else lives their life or agree with their beliefs you respect that they have a right to live how they choose. OR in this case they respect their right to write.

Keep writing George and stay true to yourself as a person and in your writing.
Bamboozlepig chapter 3 . 11/16/2012
To the reviewer named Sandy:

Oh sweetie, did you decide on your own little adorable self to wrest away that title of Queen Of The Site And Puritanical Morality Monitor from the other grabby little self-appointed site nannies? Be forewarned that pretty gold crown with all the twinkly jewels in it is nothing more than fool's gold and glass, and in olden days, Queens were often beheaded when they overstepped their ruling authority. And surely you don't wish to see your darling little head mounted on a pike pole now, do you? Pike poles are SO OUT this season, you know. But hey, what better way to celebrate Thanksgiving than to give the site a good dose of Puritanism from a stuffed turkey, eh?

I'm INSANELY curious too...pray tell me what you were doing reading a slash story when you clearly find such content offensive? Oh wait, I know, you just wanted a soapbox for your preachy forum about how homosexuality is immoral, but correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it also immoral to try to impose one's personal standards and belief system on another person without their consent? That smacks of dictatorship to me and I'm pretty sure that America is still a democracy, or at least it was as of five seconds ago.

And I can guarantee you that you can go into ANY fandom on here, even those for shows that are older than Adam-12, and you will find slash. It isn't the "immoral of today's generation" like you claim, it's writers exercising their creativity and imagination, and sharing with us their version of the canon characters as seen through their eyes, and as a fellow writer, I wholeheartedly applaud and fully support their endeavors. No one on here should be expected to leave a fandom or conform their work to one person's specific set of rigid ideals, as that's censorship at it's very worst and should NEVER be tolerated.

For me the biggest and most disgusting insult was that you hid behind an anonymous name to carry out your vile attack, and that you used that name to deride, denigrate, and disrespect someone that I consider a very dear friend. Your comments were not in any way constructive criticism, they were narrowminded and bigoted and they were designed to hurt an innocent person that you don't even know, yet you immediately hated because he writes slash. So are you also going to go after the other writers on here that don't conform to your priggish ideals of how the canon characters should be written, too? There are writers who have Pete getting married and starting a family, or what about those that have Pete engaging in sexual relations before he is married...or how about my work, I've been criticized by your like-minded bretheren over how my stories don't fit someone's personal standard, so are you going to come after me, too? Hey, bring it on, I've dealt with hysterical little Puritanical ninnies like you in the past and you don't scare me in the least, I'm still very much on this site, as you can see.

The point is, you have NO RIGHT to come on here and judge and condemn ANYONE, telling them that they need to find another fandom to write in, simply because they've written something you disapprove of. You cannot impede someone's freedom of expression because it upsets your moral code. Quite frankly, Pete and Jim would be utterly appalled at your comments because on the show, they were never portrayed as judging and condemning anyone because of their race or their sexual orientation. There's such a thing on here as the back button and I suggest you figure out how to use it...or better yet, like I've told all the other little moralistic preachers in the past, you are definitely free to create your own ideal fanfic version of Pete and Jim if you are not pleased with the offerings already on here.
Georgshadow chapter 3 . 11/15/2012
To “sandy” who left me such a lovely review: Thank you for reminding me that there are still people like you in 2012, who find even the mention of homosexuality to be IMMORAL. Sometimes I forget that people find the lifestyle to be such an unpardonable sin, as it’s only been about six months since the last time I was confronted by a stranger about being gay. That person at least had the decency to berate me in my workplace however, while you’ve chosen to hide under the shroud of anonymity. You coward—you KNOW that your intolerance is wrong and you aren’t man (or woman) enough to show your face.
How dare you come around here and tell me to write fanfiction for a different show because you find my lifestyle to be immoral. I don’t chose to write about characters in mature, consenting gay relationships just because I delight in corrupting the establishment. Consider also the television show you consider to be such a beacon of morality. Perhaps Jack Webb was the squeaky-cleanest producer in Hollywood, but some of the episodes might have also been considered “immoral” for their time, too. Pete Malloy and Jim Reed were compassionate policemen who treated everyone—victims and criminals alike—equally and fairly. They did not discriminate based on other characters’ gender, age, or race, and it goes without question that if the show had been filmed today, sexual orientation wouldn’t be a problem, either. That is what makes those characters such “respected and upstanding” role models, as you put it. To be respected, you have to show a little bit of respect, too.
You can go ahead and take your bigoted, ignorant, intolerant ideas and bother somebody else.