Reviews for TCC Book Two: The Hunt
TeelanaFalcao chapter 3 . 11/17/2014
Uau! Esse capítulo foi simplesmente incrível! Eu amei!
TeelanaFalcao chapter 2 . 11/17/2014
Uau! Grande caçada! Estou impressionada. Suas descrições são incríveis. Eu posso visualizar toda cena com total nitidez.
TeelanaFalcao chapter 1 . 11/17/2014
Oh! Eu amo como você escreve sobre Cheetara.
frankannestein chapter 3 . 3/14/2014
Wow. Just, wow. I can't believe how poignant this chapter was! I've never considered how deeply Cheetara's love for Tygra must run, because the show doesn't touch on it at all (which is a shame, really). But her nightmare - wow! That even scared me. lol.

I love this so much! I can't wait to see what happens next!

Anne
frankannestein chapter 2 . 2/15/2014
Wow, was that ever intense. I was actually feeling a little squirmy with how vividly I could picture the hunt and the kills (I am sooooo not a hunter . . .). But it was very good. I adore how "here and now" Cheetara is - I know that is one of her strengths, and it's a great counterbalance to her mystical side. This is all so beautifully done! :3
frankannestein chapter 1 . 2/12/2014
I think what I have liked the most about these stories is the style - it's very elegant but not too flowery - feminine, but containing that non-human aspect. Cheetara is truly beautiful, and I think that these glimpses into her possible origins deepen what is already a strong, admirable character. I love all of the worldbuilding here, too. :3

Anne
reminiscent-afterthought chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
The detail you put into Cheetara's actions shows you've really done your research; it does create a Nationl Geographic like picture when I imagine it. Particularly when you take the actions step by step, showing how important this experience is.

The one critique I have for that description though is that there is an awful lot of telling involved, and therefore an emotional detachment. Cheetara seems young here, but apart from that there wasn't much about her I could tell.

The backstory that follows is interesting - and the telling is more suitable there. It is nice to see a flashback scene woven so neatly into the flow of the text; it doesn't seem out of place at all in the present, and there the emotions of the past come out strongly too.

The return to the present is a tad jarring, but not particularly distracting. I was somewhat confused as to what "The Crash" is though.

[With shelter and water in hand, it fell to Cheetara to find the food] - before this is [I'll lead the construction efforts," Tygra insisted] and it sounds like Tygra is actually there with Cheetara. "Tygra had insisted" would clear that up.

Cheetara's pride comes out quite nicely in the last scene - though I found the meditation my favourite part. It was almost dreamesque, very easy to put myself in there and imagine soaring through the air. Very nicely written. :D Though the end makes the scene a tad bitter, it does lead into the next chapter and give a reason to continue reading as well.
Luna de Papel chapter 3 . 9/27/2013
Nice showcasing of Cheetara's abilities, not just as a hunter but as a seer - perhaps - and a Cleric, a role she needs to take back.
Loved the banter between brothers and how Panthro intervened lightly but knowing how siblings tend to be in general, and these two in particular.
WyldClaw chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
That fight with the makas was intense!
Bronwynn chapter 3 . 1/5/2013
That is a wonderful addition to include a vision - making good on some of Jaga's early predictions about the cheetah's abilities. I'm really enjoying your story.
Bronwynn chapter 2 . 1/5/2013
You've really showcased Cheetara's skills as a hunter. I enjoyed the details you included. Well done.
Bronwynn chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
I agree with Heart of Demons in that I'm enjoying how you are writing Cheetara. He character really suffered in the latter half of the series and I am enjoying your version of her and her story.
IrishBug74 chapter 3 . 10/26/2012
Great story!
Heart of the Demons chapter 3 . 10/24/2012
That was a really amazing vision dream Cheetara had. Tygra, Lion-O, and Mumm-Ra were all in it. It's gotta mean that Cheetara's future is being planned for her. I know for sure that I'll be sticking around for more "ThunderCats" fics from you.
Heart of the Demons chapter 2 . 10/24/2012
When Cheetara hunts, she hunts GREAT! She held nothing back against her prey. It was tough, but she succeeded, and now hopefully she and the other ThunderCats will have something to feast on.