Reviews for Harry Potter & the Ritual of Merlin's Choice
Selias chapter 17 . 7/20
I've always thought that time travelers calling the past versions of their parents "dad" and "mom," and them calling him "son" was kind of creepy. I mean, Harry is almost the same age as them, at this point.
Drew86419 chapter 18 . 7/5
So far, from what I have seen... Lily is a manipulative bitch. Guilt tripping Harry when something needs to happen. Doesn't fucking matter if they are her friends, "Oh i don't want my friends in danger, so you are not doing it even if they die later with thousands of other people because im a dumbass."
Lycanthromancer chapter 31 . 6/25
Uh... Lily, Dumbledore, and Harry really have no reason to forgive Snape. He willingly committed cold-blooded murder to become a member of the Death Eaters, an organization committed to wiping out Lily and everyone like her, all in the name of bigotry and hate. Who knows how many people he tortured and murdered in the name of a psychotic madman?
DylanL chapter 32 . 6/24
pretty good story, though i felt the pre ritual part of the story was longer than it needed to be especially all the parts about getting appointments to see the science ppl and actually going on the expedition. i think all of that could have been summed up into 2 or 3 chapters, after all why would we care how many funerals harry went to for people that he was going back in time to save anyways. i also think that you should have had harry and luna talk about why she was crying in the RoR prior to harry and dumbledore leaving to get the ring, that would have been a good thing to do since luna's mum didnt die because of a DE attack so all the changes to the war that they had already done wouldnt have saved her and saving luna's mum is exactly the reason why harry went back in time anyways.
DylanL chapter 30 . 6/24
i am curious as to why the ring used the thoughts of being able to see the dead once more, as its compulsion when voldemort never knew about the hallows so wouldnt know that that is the reserection stone.
thonez chapter 32 . 5/6
Disappointed as this story has poor plot. I expected more from time travel than just AK voldemort and then go to easy horcrux treasure hunt.
thonez chapter 10 . 5/6
Ten chapters filled mostly by pointless preparations. Also why ICW didn't hide merlin's ring under fidelitus?
thonez chapter 8 . 5/6
too much filler.
It would be funny if harry makes a lord of the rings reference when collecting the ring and keeps it up then on to get laffs
Vegasman59 chapter 32 . 2/27
Great Story really needs an epilog!
improvedpeanut chapter 32 . 2/20
This is an amazing story! Any chance for a sequel? Love to read more :D
Fyreheart chapter 32 . 2/19
Thank you for sharing this story.

While interesting, the search for Merlin's Ring didn't actually add anything to the story. I kept reading faster and faster to get to the "real" story of them going back in time.

I enjoyed the credible response of no one really believing them, and keeping them tied up until they passed the veritaserum test.

I think your Dumbledore was very like canon; he still didn't openly share information, but wanted information shared faithfully with him. I think you characterized him well, even to his shrugging acceptance of Snape possibly being crucio'd into insanity.

I'm not sure why he wants Luna and Harry to be staff members; he has no idea about their abilities. I think he just wants to keep them under his thumb as their fore-knowledge might prove useful...for the greater good, of course.
X chapter 8 . 1/20
'...Saving his parents, then destroying the horcruxes before Voldemort could rise again...' - Say what? Logic hole. It was after Voldie killed Harry's parents & tried to kill Harry that Voldie's body was destroyed. Harry could save his parents and destroy the horcruxes, but Voldie would still need to be killed afterward since he'd still be alive, making the whole horcrux hunt a much more dangerous event, as he could discover the destruction of a horcrux at any time. If you want ol' Voldie disembodied, then Harry's parents are going to have to die first, and he'll need to make his attempt to kill Harry.
Purple Floof chapter 1 . 1/7
Is that a stargate in the picture?
christytrekkie chapter 32 . 12/5/2014